Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MTheory, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Has anyone ever made this stuff before? I'm thinking about making some with the next batch of trim I get. I'm not sure how much trim I'll have but I want to make it with a 750ml bottle of 100 proof Southern Comfort. If anyone here has ever made this stuff I'd appreciate any information on dose and what kind of high to expect.

Thanks!

:cool:

2. im not sure, but i think its usually best to use plain clear liquors, as opposed to things like SoCo. I could be wrong, but thats just what ive heared

3. I've never made it but from what I heard just add as much stems and trimmings as you can. There's never too much. And I heard leaving it in there for 2-3 weeks is essential. So don't be hoping to have this done anytime soon

4. i know some peeps have made it, but until they arive, here are my plans. everclear, because the higher the proof the better, and pour out half a liter into another bottle, so ill have two sets of full bottles with one half liter booze, the rest of the bottle stems and shit

5. Its Pretty Much Like Making Hash With Iso Or Butane The Alcohol Removes The Trics And U Drink It Instead Of Smoke It But Do A Search Cuz I Know I Read A Thread On This It Might Be In A Sticky About Food Recipes I Think

6. im with bigtee, use everclear or vodka :p

7. heres my green dragon.... Been sitting for 3 months now

Attached Files:

8. not weeks dude... more like 6 months to a year in a cool dry dark place

maybe if you owned a food grade pressure washer or one of those vac food saver things that does mason jars

to speed up the transfer you'd have to either force the alcohol through it or pull the herb apart on a macro level by placing it under vac with the booze

you could also heat the alcohol in the microwave before adding the trim

the best option for fast turn around is as follows

1 bottle everclear vodka or dry gin
    bud
    bho honey extraction rig (steel turkey baster/metal screen/cheese/cotton cloth/worm clamp (the ones you screw down on a barb when fixing a garden hose)/oven mit/glass dish/good butane)

you wanna extract the oil and add it directly to the booze once all the butane evaps

if you need bho explained just ask

9. Get you any Clear bottle of liquor. vodka or tequila. Never use a whiskey or any colored liquor. One its Flavor is different. Two you can tell when your Green Dragon is done when the liquor is clear. Colored and you would never know. Three use stems seeds for it. Dont use clippings there for hash making and will make it hard to strain. So only use stems and seeds. Just drink some of the liquor about a 1/4th of it or just enough to make sure you can still throw all your stems and stuff in and still be able to shake it without trouble. After you drink and toss in the stems and stuff. Shake that bitch like shes got your money. Then set it in a cool dark place. I put mines in my closet behind alot of clothes so its cushioned and wont break. Its nice in cool and dark. So the mold cant grow. Just wait about 1-2 months. The longer you wait the stronger it will be. Shake the bottle from time to time. Like once every week. And boom you got some killer green dragon like mines i posted above.

10. You DO not want a fast turn around. Its like wine it ripes with age. Also Dont heat the alcohol up. Because it breaks down when its heated. And wtf is he talking about making? A bomb? Dont use What he said. Extracting the oil is a long and hard process. Usually you burn the oil and you lose all you worked for. You can also grind up you stems. But i dont advice it. because its hard to strain and you wont get all the grit out. So your just basicly drinking sand. Just follow my directions and you will have the best green dragon.

11. right...when you actually grasp how alcohol is made you'll understand exactly why you suggesting that heating alcohol breaks it down is a laugh fuckin' riot

if you understood how butane honey oil is made you'd take the rest of this silly post back and apologize to boot lol

btw you're nuts if you think sticking seeds in will do anything besides muck it up...they're nothing but fatty cell tissue with enough energy to sprout not a single fleck of thc

12. yea Im sure you know that microwaving it makes steam. Microwaves breaks down the liquor. Yes i know how to make liquor, But after its made YOU DONT HEAT IT BACK UP!!!!!!! You only heat the mash up to fermit. After that you let it cool down. But i quess you never watched the history channel. Or made white lightning b4. BHO is too much trouble for green dragon. Green dragon was made to be simple not hard, dont need to break down the thc to a oil. Just toss em in the bottle. You saw my product. Now for his you may die.

13. Also if you noticed my green dragons has seeds in it. I dont see no muck up. Dont taste no muck up either. And my so called muck up will fuk you up.

14. Im gonna make a bunch with 2 bottles of everclear then im gonna make hunch punch...for new years...haha that would be awsome

15. now now, children, let's stop the bickering:
    Any molecules containing hydroxyl groups (alcohols, aldehydes, ketones) are considered volatile solvents. Volatile meaning they vaporize readily at room temperature. When you heat alcohol, the particles do not break down, they just gain enough energy to escape into vapor, hence the steam you saw when you put it in the microwave (btw, putting any volatile solvent in the microwave is a very very dumb idea). If you want to use heat to speed up the green dragon extraction, you can heat it in reflux, meaning you fill a container with extremely hot water, and then place your alcohol/leaf-containing bottle in the hot water. cover the bottle with saran wrap so it is mostly airtight. you dont want it to be completely airtight or it may explode.

16. I saw someone said something about seeds. If i recall correctly, dont use seeds. I think they have the wrong type of oils and such in them. Stick to trimmings and stems.

17. Just stick to stems. Trimmings for hash making.

18. I've looked around at the web for recipes for green dragon, and here's what I've found:

The best alcohol to use is everclear 190 proof, but that isn't available in some states like California, so I used the everclear 145 proof.

Most say not to put seeds in, but definitely stems are okay.

The recommendations for amount of weed per 750ml vary from 1/3 oz to 2 ounces.

Most say to put it in a warm place like near a heater (or perhaps behind your computer if you're a gamer :p ) I don't think you have to worry about mold since the alcohol will kill most anything alive. Tinctures are generally kept cold for storage, but that's to prevent them from breaking down... when making Green Dragon you want to break the THC down into the alcohol, so a little heat is good. I'm storing it near the hot water pipes in my place.

I couldn't find any trim, so I made some with an ounce of cheap brickweed ($40/oz). By far the most difficult part was just separating the seeds out and breaking up the weed.

I'm thinking I'll strain it through a coffee filter when I'm done to remove all the sediment.

It's the first time I've done this and we will see how it goes. After just a few days it is already very dark... it looks almost like a bottle of tar. Much much darker than the pictures in the thread above. But if you hold it up to a light you can see it's actually a green color and some light comes through when the sediment settles.

19. Someone said that add seeds?
    Seeds doesn't consist THC or do they?

20. This is kinda funny. Not a single person has answered my question, just argued about how to make it. I know to make it.

And using seeds?! Are people just making shit up? Once, I made BHO with a little bit of leftover shake, a bunch of stems and an assload of seeds all ground up. Basically, I got hemp seed oil and it was VERY weak.