Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Applegarth, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Did you use an 8th of good or mids?

I usually make gold dragon with vaped duff or green dragon with mids. I typically do 8th finely powdered fresh to 1.5 oz [or a shot] of everclear. I then let it boil off alcohol at 170 degrees for about 25 mins and thoroughly strain. Sometimes it takes longer than 25 mins if its a bigger batch, but in general I boil it down to a thick black syrup. Almost all of my dragons end up being black, not green. All of them have also worked tho.

2. We used an 8th of good as far as I know. Do you bake your weed before boiling in the alcohol?

3. I have used 325 degrees x 5 minutes with success, but believe 220 x 25minutes the better alternative. Suspect that a lot of it has to do with how dry your bud is before you toast it.

Question - How long had it been since your last meal before ingesting the liquid. Drinkers are told to eat before drinking to slow the absorption of alcohol. Too much food in your tummy can negate the effects of green dragon. Try relatively empty stomach the next time.

4. could you maybe show us a picture? If it has a syrup like consistency i suspect it would be oversaturated so you are probably wasting a little. Might be wrong tho, never boiled it down that far

5. So I simmered the tincture down until I was left with about two or three milliliters of a blackish slop, then I just downed it all.

I ended up feeling pretty nice, mostly a body high, but still nothing intense like I was expecting. Thanks for all the advice GC. Hopefully next time I try making GD it'll turn out better.

6. Yea man, just gotta decarb at 220F for 30 min and itll work. PM me if you need help with it or have questions.

7. #27 The Goblin King, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    Thanks man, will do!

8. Not to thread jack or anything, but Ive also been making a batch of green dragon, however I've been doing the sit and wait extraction method. I used a half an Oz of trimmings and a 750 mL bottle of everclear 151. I also decarbed at 220 for 25 mins. The bottles been chilling in the back of my closet for near 3 weeks. Now the problem is that yesterday I sampled it, I took half a shot and I got a very slight buzz. So I really want to increase the potency. I was thinking should I just add another half Oz and wait, or boil it down? Or should I just let it sit for another few weeks with out adding anything? Would more time sufficiently increase the potentcy? Thanks for any advice

9. I mean if you just used trimmings it wont be that strong...I'd say add another half oz and a couple gs of bud...boiling and using the heat method allows the extraction to work faster, not necessarily making the solution more potent. If the solution is a light green and not a very dark emerald, it means that there is little thc and more chlorophyll as chlorophyll is extremely water/alcohol soluble and that yields the light green color.

Also I think you used too much everclear. You should only put just enough everclear to cover the top of the weed...using more will require you to drink much more everclear and due to its potency you'll probably end up getting more drunk.

I personally would add more weed stated above then simmer not boil at 160f and reduce by half... otherwise you're gonna have to drink 3-4 or more shots of everclear to get a weed buzz, which by that time you'll already have a sufficient buzz from the alcohol that the weed buzz will likely be overpowered by the alcohol.

Sorry for repeating myself mad high lol hopefully it makes sense though

10. i don't think the color is a decent indication of the potency of green dragon. I've made some with a little too much alcohol and the color what a much lighter green than usual, but it still made a decent tincture.

i always add half an inch to 1 inch more alcohol than is needed to submerge the bud since i know i won't be able to strain it all and some gets lost due to evaporation. And since i know i can't strain every last bit out, i use the bud i spent to make some cannaoil. It's not potent, but if you eat it all at once it gives me a good high.

I know i don't strain out all the potency because i always let my spent bud dry and when it is completely dry (after a night or something) i vape it and still get a few hits out of it.

abunchofsteps, did you decarb before adding the bud to the alcohol? And like Money May Kerr said, half an oz of trimmings for 750ml of everclear won't be enough. Even if you plan on taking it in shots, if you use trimmings, you should consume at least half a gram per shot. So you should add more and/or reduce the amount of alcohol a little by simmering.

11. yea he said he did

12. #32 ABunchOfSteps, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    Thanks for the reply's guys! I will post some pictures tomorrow to give you a better idea of my situation. First thing is I said, trimmings but more accurate would be to call it schwag. I'm not a grower so I, bought half an Oz from a med shop. I have a pretty low tolerance, but I smoked two bowls of it and was decently faded, so its not like its all stems. I ran the bud through my grinder before I decarbed it, then dumped it and the everclear into a different bottle and stored it in the back of my closet. Its been, there for little over 3 weeks now. Additionally as you'll see tomorrow its super green and dark but week as shit. I'm thinking of getting another cheap half Oz and throwing it in as well after decarbing it. However time is not an issue, I'm not planning on drinking any of this till late into the summer. So could I possibly get away with out adding anything if I wait long enough?

EDIT: Here are the pictures

Attached Files:

13. If you have the time, you could let it sit in everclear for a week or so then filter the plant material out and enjoy

14. It's been sitting for 3 weeks.