Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Applegarth, Apr 19, 2012.

  1. Me and my brother tried making a batch of the tincture and well it really hasn't done anything. I was wondering if drinking a soda or something of the sort after you take a dose would slow down the effect or neutralize it.

    We might of had just cooked it for too long. But I am curious to see if that would affect it.
  2. What kinda tincture did you make? Glycerin or alcohol?

  3. We used alcohol. Everclear 190 proof
  4. that should have worked. I have done it with generic vodka and it worked great. How long did u let your green sit in the alcohol?

  5. We simmered it in a water bath for 20 minutes
  6. [quote name='"Applegarth"']

    We simmered it in a water bath for 20 minutes[/quote]

    What I do is I let it sit in the alcohol for several days in warmish temps till it turns bright green
  7. Hello Grasscity, I'm Applegarth's brother.

    We baked about an 8th of cannabis for 5 minutes at 325 degrees and then simmered the cannabis in 3 ounces of Everclear for about 30 minutes. While simmering we kept the alcohol between about 170 and 175 degrees.

    After straining we had about 2 and 1/2 ounces of a tincture with a murky forest green color. I tried a dropper-full and didn't feel anything so I took two or three more dropper-fulls. Still nothing.

    Later that night I poured the tincture back into the mason jar along with the same 8th of cannabis and simmered it down to 2 ounces. The color had darkened to more of a Pakistan green.

    I tried a few more dropper-fulls around 8:30 pm and I eventually started to feel something around 12:50 after taking a few more squirts. It was a nice body high, but it wasn't very powerful and it didn't last long.

    This morning I tried drying out the cannabis and baking it again, thinking that perhaps we didn't give the THCA enough time to decarboxylize and that there was still hope for our elixir. I baked the weed, originally an apple green color but at this point a pale olive drab, until it had browned into a more full olive color and then simmered it with the tincture and an ounce of fresh Everclear. After simmering it back down to 2 ounces we had what appeared to be pickle juice.

    We both had a dropper-full. An hour later at 6 o'clock we both had four dropper-fulls, and I had 3 more dropper-fulls over the course of the hour. Around 7 we both started feeling it, but it peaked quickly and we never really got that high. Now it's 9:50 and I feel a little high, but I feel more groggy than anything.

    Can anyone tell us where we went wrong?

  8. We were attempting to follow Master Wu's instructional.
  9. When you do a alcohol tincture your supposed to let most of the alcohol evaporate, did you do that? if you evaporate the alcohol it will be MUCH more potent.
    Put the solution into a glass measuring cup and put that measuring cup in a pot of boiling water to evaporate the alcohol quickly.
  10. You needed to cook the alcohol mix down a bit more. Did you stir it vigorously?

  11. We stirred it but not the entire time. Tomorrow morning I'll cook it down more and make sure to stir.
  12. Alright that sounds good, so youve kept your plant material in your alcohol?
  13. Tinctures raise your tolerance very quickly. Like after a single dose. Even though you weren't getting the desired buzz, you have consumed enough that to continue taking it without a short tolerance break will only result in disappointment.

    Whatever you do to improve your end product, wait 5-7 days before ingesting anymore.
    I have taken tinctures that kicked my butt two days in a row and the second days is always less even when I up the dosage.

  14. No, the plant material is in a baggy wrapped in tinfoil right now. Should we have left it to soak even after simmering?

    Interesting... I wish we had known that before taking all those dropper-fulls.
  15. [quote name='"The Goblin King"']

    No, the plant material is in a baggy wrapped in tinfoil right now. Should we have left it to soak even after simmering?

    Interesting... I wish we had known that before taking all those dropper-fulls.[/quote]

    That's what I did and it worked wonders
  16. #16 Money May Kerr, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    You burned off the thc!!! Thc gas a flash point of 300f and a boiling point of 315f....

    Decarboxylation of the Carboxyl group occurs at only 220f

    Next time decarb for 25 min at 220f, wait 15 min to cool then open the container with the weed.
    Then follow green dragon steps as you did.

  17. We'll definitely try that next time but it might not be for a while, haha. It's not everyday we have an extra $60 worth of bud!

    At any rate, we'll try to salvage what we have. We'll try cooking it again with the weed to reduce it some more, then let the weed sit in the tonic for about a week, giving time for any THC left in the plant to soak and our tolerance to go down.
  18. Happened to me too man couple months back...what I did to salvage It was I boiled it down super slow til it had a green layer on the bottom then took a silicone spatula and scraped it then rolled it into a little hash me I was too pissed to keep feeling half ass high so just smoked it all in a bong :)
  19. I might just try that instead! Seems easier, haha!
  20. Yea just make sure to do it in a double broiler low and slow...should have a light layer then take that and roll it in your hand pop it in a bowl and you'll be good to go

Share This Page