Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon Using Orange Extract *pics*

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Twigs #420, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Well I recently picked up a half of some goodie so I decided to make some Green Dragon for an upcoming road trip.

- ~4 grams of dank

- ~1 ounce of Orange extract(89% alcohol)

- Decarboxylated the bud at ~325 for 3-4 minutes

- I shake it multiple times a day

I'm not too worried about the light activating the chlorophyll, but I do keep it in a dark spot.

[​IMG]

2. good fucking shit man

3. Phatty drink man

4. I was going to try that, but then the thought of the taste threw me off. Not that it usually taste good to begin with, just seemed like a bad combo. Lol, so I used my extract to kill bugs invading my pourch..

Edit: Please post your results and taste experience :)

5. How potent is this stuff? I don't have the patience to try it myself without hearing good things about it first to be honest. Does it give you a signifigant more from less or what?

6. Using pure grain would always be the best, but 89% would do the job just the same. It's just a taste thing I'd be concerned with. Hope to get a review when it's done.

Be careful if you try to make it into hash down the road. I know the alcohol will evaporate off, but orange essential oil is flammable without alcohol. They were actually considering it for a biofuel from what I've read. I have orange essential oil as well and found out it is still pretty flammable when you let it dry..

7. how long do you plan to keep it before trying it? weeks, months?

8. you can keep it for year's...and longer...if ya wanted to alcohol taste better over the year's...

9. what is it? like whats it do?

10. He made a tincture. It looks interesting. I am interested in reading about the results of this tinc. I read that you can add flavored extracts to your tincs to improve the taste, but I've never heard of anyone actually using the flavored extract to make it. I hope OP gives us all an update. :)

11. The tincture didn't work!

I think the orange acid had something to do with it :(

12. LOL what a waste

13. Awe...that's a shame. I'm sorry for your loss, but I guess it's a lesson learned. Next time, make a traditional tincture, then just add a few drops of a flavored extract to it. If you attempt anymore tincs or oils, I wish you good luck with it. :wave:

14. lol the point of green dragon is to use like vodka alcohol and get drunk and high at the same time but lesson learned i guess :p

15. hey.. would this work:

- grind the bud very fine
    - bake at 325 for 5 min
    - pour bud into everclear
    - shake twice per day for a week

help?

16. To weedtheneed...That's the basic premise for a tinc.

What you'll need:
    Bud, shake, even some small stems can be mixed in
    Shallow baking pan
    alcohol (the higher the proof, the stronger the tinc. also, the higher the proof, the more it burns the mouth. lots of people use 100 proof vodka to avoid the burn.)
    A strainer or cheese cloth
    glass jar with good lid
    tincture jars
    and one of those little tiny funnels for easy pouring of finished product.

What you do is break up your bud. Then place it in a preheated oven at about 350 for 5-10 minutes. Put the baked weed in a jar that has a good lid with NO rust. Rusty lids are bad business. Pour enough alcohol in the jar to cover the weed. Place the lid on tight and shake for a few minutes. Put it in a safe, warm, dark place. Check it, and shake it a couple of times a day for 1 or 2 weeks. I've read many posts that said one week is more than enough time. At the end of the week, strain the liquid into another container, being sure to strain out all the plant material, but squeeze out all the juice. Place the jar in a well ventilated area with the lid off, and let some of the alcohol evaporate. The more you let it set, the stronger the finished product will be. When you are finished, transfer the finished liquid carefully into tincture bottles, and store in a cool, dry, dark place. A few drops under the tongue, and your set. ;)

To tokeitup420...You're not going to get enough alcohol from a few drops of a tinc to get drunk unless you are a real light weight.

17. #17 Fumar Verde, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010

Enough alcohol to cover the herb is not enough.

For example, they advise an oz for a whole 5th of alcohol. Now an ounce UNGRINDED wouldn't fill over half of a medium/large mason jar but a 5th would probably overflow it.

Standard measurements from what I've heard/Used are

1g herb for every 1- 1.5 fl oz [a shot glass is 1.5fl oz so you can use that for reference]

2: If he decided to use the stovetop evaporation method, mere dropperfulls would send him flying... trust me

18. i've used all sorts of extracts to make a tincture: mint, spearmint, orange, lemon, etc. for me they worked just fine.

19. But he wouldn't be drunk. The poster I was referring to was talking about using tincs to get high and drunk. You don't get drunk off of tincs.

20. he would still feel the alcohol, possibly get drunk

the evaporation process removes alot of the water from the alcohol, meaning a much stronger, more potent alcohol content in a smaller volume. So three dropperfuls if done correctly can equal like a few shots... particularly if your using everclear

I advise using everclear over everything else anyway, its the most potent.