Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon Questions*

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Perpcakes, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Ive been making a very small batch of green dragon with 2 grams of some very potent weed sitting in an 4 ounces of some 50% smirnoff for about 2 1/2 months. Ive probably added about a gram in stems over that time. For 2 months I was just shaking it once in the morning then once at night and keeping it in a warm dark place. I had read somewhere that putting it on a heat pad would help the extraction so for the past 2 weeks every night I put it on a heat pad that got up to 180 degrees for a little more than an hour every night. I just want to know if this method seems like a likely method for extraction or if its just gonna be a shitty batch of green dragon. Im thinking that at the end of january or february might be a good time to try it out? Advice?

2. I don't see why the heat would fuck it up. if anything, it would make the extraction process easier.

3. I'm making a batch myself but it is pretty much all stems.... A LOT of stems that I got from a friend. They all had wonderful crystals on them! My friend that introduced me to the Green Dragon and makes it himself, said that it takes usually 3-4 weeks. He said to do basically what you are doing now (except the heating pad) and it will work. He's been doing it for years and I got another week to go.

I think your batch is ready to be popped open and enjoyed. Heating it is probably making the process to faster.

Good luck and let us know how it turned out!

4. Thanks guys, im thinking end of january and Ill take half a shot or something to test it.

5. Lol where do ppl come up w/ the names

6. Honestly, I'd go ahead and process it. Once the material has become saturated, which doesn't take as long as you may have been led to accept; you've pulled everything. If you ground your material to kief like flour, the time even in cold extraction is short. When you are shaking your jar (btw, as often as you wish) you should be looking at the particles for saturation. The smaller the particle, the quicker the saturation(extraction) the smaller the particle the more surface space to be extracted; all contribute to length of time and percentage of extraction.
    but the bottom line it's only as good as the material used. You cannot mutlply the potency within the thc molecule itself, titration to fit your needs would be appropriate at that end stage.

7. So man, how did this work out for you? id really like to know if its worth my time to try!

8. horticultural names come from the individual who hibridizes the genus' strain or cross. Once a strain has been named it cannot be changed. Of course this is all legal horticultural bio studies and practices.

When the first legalization happened way back, it opened the doors for legitimate horticultural practices.

Ain't it grand!!

9. I should add however, that even the strains are not constant in their Potency because the cultivation and harvesting is not regulated so it is very different among growers and dispensaries.

AND if you are in a steal state (which I am) you need to be able to trust your source and their knowledge or grow your own.

10. does green dragon leave a pot smell in the house? thinkin about making it but i can't risk my parents finding out

11. it will if you use the heat method, when you carboxylate it.
    Consder using the nonheat scenario, just invest a little time. The alcohol must be a minimum of 45%

12. The higher the ratio/steeper the gradient of alcohol to weed the faster and more efficient the results, but my very first batch of green dragon was with 35% alcohol vodka and some higher grade mids because I already had the alcohol and that was all the weed I had at the time.

It worked, I prefer 190proof alcohol and the strongest weed I can get. Actually I like to blend various bits of different strains, let it soak for as long as I can stand it and then let the weed stay in the bottle until I have to get it out in order to stain the last bit of liquid from the plant material.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

13. you can decarb if you have an hour or two without it smelling. just keep it sealed in tin foil really well and and let it cool all the way down before opening it. IMO it helps preserve flavor. It will take some extra time and caution but it can and I suggest it is done. you can then leave your green dragon for less time depending on the percent alcohol :D

14. #14 nashish, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
    Hello, I am attempting to make green dragon and after searching the internet I have found there are many personal preferences and a few different methods. Now before I go ahead and use everything I have I wanted to get some solid advise from tried creators of the drink.

my questions are..
    how much does the proof of the alcohol really effect the mixture?
    what would the outcome be using a high quality but lower proof alcohol?
    is a handle (1.5 Liters) an appropriate amount of alcohol to use with about 50 grams of plant material (stems and keif)?

It seems to me that the easiest and most effective method is as follows, please correct me if I am confused/wrong.
    1. bake the plant material for ten to twenty minutes at 250-325
    2. grind the plant material finely and seal it in the jar containing alcohol
    3. open it in 2-3 weeks, pour, and drink

15. bump please

16. The proof of the alcohol is key. The high the better. I use 190 proof grain alcohol, makes an amazing Green Dragon.
    It is also known as tincture, the recipe I use is in my signature.
    You decarb temps are a bit higher than suggested, I decarb @ 220F for ~25 minutes. Rough grind first, then in a Pyrex dish tightly wrapped in foil. Allow to cool before removing foil to try and preserve terpenes.

Process and length of extraction vary greatly from recipe to recipe. But if you have access to 190 proof alcohol the extraction can be quite quick. For example the recipe I use only extracts for a couple days but is also frozen prior and during.

If you don't have access to anything higher than standard 80 proof liquor a more "traditional" extended soak recipe will be more appropriate.

17. Thanks that clears somethings up for me. Any idea what kind of dosage is appropriate to mix well and produce a good high in a handle of alcohol or 1.5 Liters?

18. That really depends on how much MJ you use and how potent it is.
    I can give you an example to extrapolate into your situation: I use 7g MJ (just mids) and end up with a total of 8 oz. alcohol which I reduce at least in half. From 3-4 oz. of alcohol I get 60-70 regular doses, so about 2ml is a serving.
    My actual numbers vary a bit, but you get the idea.