Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green dragon in less than 7 days..It works wonders

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Foxy, Feb 14, 2011.

1. So I was discouraged by all the posts about green dragon.. I decided to take it upon myself to create my own version.

1. I used about 3/4 of an ounce of FINELY ground herb, and about two ounces of stems and 2g of super magical Keif.

2. I added 1/5th of Everclear alcohol.

C. I double boiled the mixture in a spaghetti sauce jar for about an hour and a half at the lowest setting on the electric stove that would cause the alcohol to boil, but not the water.

4. Watched carefully

5. Shaked the jar every single day, evening and morning.

Steve Urkel. After one week next to the heater in my room, all of the traces of green has been absorbed in the mixture.

7. strained the plant matter and mixed 1/5th of one ounce of a shot into a glass of tea.

Ocho. The damned stuff works wonders. I am letting the mixture evaporate and I will use it as a tincture sublingual.

Will post results when the room stops moving in a circular motion.

Slainte..

2. noob questions
    can you smoke the bud after or use in other recipes, or does the alch take ALL THC outta the plant?
    how long did you boil? cus im kinda confused.

3. All of the plant matter turned into a dirty yellow color after about 2 days, so I doubt the material would be smokeable.

I boiled the cannabis for about an hour and a half, but the only the alcohol was boiling, not the water. Water boils at a much higher temperature than Everclear.

4. what is the best thing to use if you can't get Everclear? Would 100-proof Smirnoff work if you just put some in a bottle and let it sit for a couple weeks? Is the boiling/heating necessary? wouldn't it still work without the heat; it would just take longer?

5. Bacardi 151 preferably. You want the highest alcohol content. 100 proof vodka does work, but the higher the proof, the better. And the heating is not necessary, but drastically reduces the time it takes to fully absorb the cannabinoids.

6. the 151 would just be stored at room temp for a couple weeks. Too risky to do any heating with such a high-proof liquor. What do you end up mixing it with when it's done? Cola? water?

7. also, what about using something like citrus extract instead of 151?

8. Heating to me was essential. I have no time to sit around and wait for a month to enjoy a tincure. I mix said tincture with any beverage, at this strength; the taste is usually null when mixed with other beverages.

9. What is the proof of the Everclear you're using? 151 or 190? I don't think we have the 190 stuff around here. :(

10. I use the 190..but because its available. Most liquor stores keep it hidden behind the counter, so you just have to ask.

11. If you do it correctly, the heating process is as safe as cooking cannbutter. You DO need a thermometer tho, and you need to double boil the GD. You can mix it with anything, but note that the unheated method will yield MUCH more alcohol, which will drastically affect the taste of whatever you add it to. When it's concentrated, it's so little you can barely taste it sometimes,

You can use extracts as well, make sure they are high proof tho. I've used lemon extract before, good stuff.

12. I'm not going to bother with heating because I can wait a long time for it to be ready. I'm just gonna put some weed powder in a separate bottle and pour some 151 in and let it sit for weeks. No THC will go to waste through this method as long as I wait long enough, right? Also I don't see any need to strain anything after it's done, the weed should be dissolved to tiny particles.

13. 1: Yes, as long as you wait an adequate time [which is typically 1-2 months for maximum potency].

2: Trust me, you'll probably want to strain it man. Its not like pulp in orange juice, it really affects the taste and texture drastically. The fern, even in tiny particles, will definitely stand out when you drink.

14. That might be interesting to try in a couple months when I get my first plant harvested. I have a thermostat I use for sous vide cooking (for making extra tender and juicy steaks). Basically you plug a slow cooker into it and drop the thermocouple in the slow cooker and it turns on and off the power as needed to maintain the exact temperature you want. Since alcohol boils at 172 degrees F, you could drop the jar into the slow cooker that maintains 170 degrees and not even have to worry about it much.

Multi Purpose Temperature Controller, Sous vide, Smoker - eBay (item 110619023654 end time Mar-01-11 11:25:21 PST) is the one I have, but most any similar one would work.

15. That might work if you were making it with pure hash or good kief, but if you are using plant matter, you will want to filter it unless you like your drinks with chunks. :)

16. ok I will consider straining it however I have 2 counterpoints:

1) will THC be lost a little by a little bit getting stuck in the strainer?

2) I've eaten cannabutter & peanutbutter and never strained and didn't noticed bad texture

17. There should be very little loss of THC because it is all dissolved by the alcohol. Theoretically there should be almost none left in the plant matter. If you were concerned about the small amount you would lose in the strainer, you could save a cup or so of everclear to rinse the plant matter with and help wash it all down better.

Part of the reason that people don't bother straining cannibutter is because it is a semisolid and you don't notice the plant matter much because of the consistency of the peanut butter. If you do canni-oil, then people strain usually because they don't want plant matter chunks in their oil.

With Green Dragon it is kind of the same. It wouldn't hurt anything to leave it in there, but you probably wouldn't gain enough to make it worth drinking the chunks. Of course if you don't mind the plant matter, go ahead. I wouldn't say that not straining it would be considered wrong, as you are still getting high, it's just trying to make things as tasty as you can without reducing potency. :) Personally I find the plant matter not so tasty, so I personally would strain. If you have any doubt, try straining part and not straining part and see what you think.