Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon, adding MCT Oil? Help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dummymeowmeow, May 13, 2022.

1. So I’m using 1g of product and just enough 190 proof alcohol to cover it. I did not realize that Green Dragon needed to be strained so I left it to evaporate, to create FECO but didn't get any of the sticky residue, since I did not strain.

Now I am wondering, could I just add MCT oil to the evaporated product, shake it up, heat it and be left with an MCT concentrate that can be taken sublingually, similar to a tincture?

Or should I just add more alcohol, strain, re evaporate, wait for FECO, THEN add MCT? Wondering if the latter will cause me to lose a significant amount of potency.

2. Psychedelic Sam to the rescue. You're about to get the best possible advice. Or you could research it on his "Another Tincture Thread." Type it in the search bar, follow the table of contents and you'll be squared away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Joker1121, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
    You're talking about making Green Dragon with one gram of cannabis buds? ~150 mg THC? I'd add a bit of MCT oil to what you already have. Can you post a picture?

• Like Like x 1

4. I ended up readding alcohol [​IMG] https://ibb.co/8NCWt3W

5. I hope so!! I’ll check it out. Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Did you decarb first? Adding more alcohol like you did will work for extracting but for such a small amount I'd just use the tincture instead of evaporating and adding MCT oil. Next time you work with a gram forget extracting, after it's decarbed just powder it and put it in capsules. Expect it to take two hours to work. For larger amounts I'd do it differently.

• Agree Agree x 1