Green Crack Week 6/7 Flowering Help!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by xozmosis, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hi all

First time grow, Green crack seed

400w light 20/4 cycle.
    Currently using FF and have just bought Cha Ching which I've heard does really well for the buds!

Per day I am getting more brownish sports on the bigger leaves :( Also the edges of the smaller leaves are turning brown too. Any help would be much appreciated :D

Attached Files:

2. It's normal for the plant to shed dying leaves toward the end of the flower cycle. The plant stops sending nutrition to the foliage (leaves) and sends it all to the buds to finish fattening them up for harvest. To determine whether your plant has a true deficiency/toxicity or not, you always have to look at only new growth. Old growth will dry and die off all the way through the life cycles of the plant. But if weird things are happening on the new growth or color changes are occurring there, then you likely have issues. A piece of advice here: You are SERIOUSLY lacking in flower lighting capacity. Your plants limbs/shoots are long, lanky and thin...which means they have spent the flower cycle stretching for more light. Everything about the yield from an indoor artificial grow is dependent on LIGHT. Each plant needs the highest wattage of the best quality light you can hang over it to flower under. If you only have enough wattage to flower a single plant (and 400 watts isn't really enough for just one IMO), you only need to flower one plant instead of attempting to split the light between two plants. You always want to keep the light source as close to the plants as possible all the way through the flower cycle to get the most development from each plant and having to raise your light in order to cover more plants, just robs from both plants or all plants. I wouldn't attempt to flower more than 1 with that light you have and keep it as close to the plant as possible during flower. To cut down on risk of light burn, keep good air flow between the lamp and the tops of the plant. But if I were going to flower 2 plants, I would hang a single 1,000 watt lamp and create the ventilation setup to go with it. We flower 2 plants under 1000 watt lamps and our average harvest after dry and cure (running a 10 week flower cycle) is averaging around 5 oz after dry and cure. But the key is having the right lighting, enough wattage of it and understanding how to use it to get the most out of it. Each plant also needs space grow without being crowded out by other plants. There's a pretty steep learning curve for the new grower, so pat yourself on the back for getting a couple to harvest with this round, work on upgrading your system and know that the more you grow, the better you get at it. It took me a good year to get comfortable with all aspects of it, going from clone to harvest. But it's just a continual cycle of repeat once you get the basics down and you get better at it as you go. One more thing: Don't stake the size and yield of your plant on nutes. If you are growing in a high quality formulated grow soil, you can grow the plant all the way through it's life on the soil alone. Nutes are not magic beans and are not responsible for harvest weight....that's ALL in the lighting. Nutes are nothing more than plant food and giving too soon or at too great a concentration will just burn your plants, stress them out and make them take valuable developmental time and use it to recover. I stopped using nutes at the beginning of last year. Our soil is excellent and I just don't have to use them. I repot when one gets hungry and let the soil do what I paid all that money for. Best of luck to you! TWW

3. Hi Cheers for the info :) I defo should lower the light during the cycle and then buy a more powerful light. atm i'm growing candy kush ( middle one ) and Samsara. I dont think I have room issues thats for sure! Excuse the picture quality haha.

Attached Files:

4. This is my Green Crack. Going to chop today or tomorrow. Prob early too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum