Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green/Brown Dragon - Some advice needed ~

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by weedmonkey678, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Hi I want to make green/brown dragon, I'll be using some leaf,stems and avb, with hopes to add more material to the mixture as months progress.

The biggest issue I have is that a bottle of high proof alcohol was going to cost too much (government tax is very high in my country) so I've settled for a 37% ABV bottle of gin.
    which I know is very low.

Here is what I intend to do:

1. place everything into a sealed foil pouch.

2. Place foil pouch with pyrex cup on top into preheated air fryer and bake(decarb) @ 100c (225f) (225f is actually 107c but thought i'd go 100c??) for 50mins.

3. Drop material into mason jar, cover with alcohol just enough to cover material. shake. let sit. shake.

4. repeat shaking process every day for a couple months. maybe sample a month in..

-One question I have is can I keep adding more material and gin to my mason jar mixture over the months and keep sampling from it? plan to keep it around for a long time.

-also concerned about how many months it will take to reach potency without any long term evaporation whatsoever(due to location and venting).

-am i able to put the jar a few meters away from my fan heater to keep warm and speed up the process? how warm would too warm be - any risk of degradation?
    I was thinking of putting the jar in my beanie a distance away from the fan heater every night and shaking the jar.

eventually I'll strain completely one day.

is chloropyll buildup dangerous like adding dryed green leaf months in? bit of a noob here
    am I all good for this process? not fussed about taste as i'll mask it with something.

any help much appreciated! peace.

2. So long as you grind up all of your bud/leaf/stem nicely it should dissolve, given enough time. I normally use alcohol that is about twice the concentration of yours though. Evaporation shouldn't be a problem, because when the alcohol evaporates it leaves most of the cannabinoids behind in the mason jar. After I have left my bud soaking in the alcohol for long enough, I take the lid off the mason jar and dip it into a bowl with hot (but not boiling) water in it. This causes the alcohol within the mason jar to evaporate, thereby increasing the concentration of the mixture within the jar. It's easy to judge the concentration (roughly) by eye, because the mixture becomes darker and darker. Just make you do this in a very well ventilated area - alcohol fumes can ignite.

I think you would be better off just using bud to make green dragon though. It has a much bigger percentage of cannabinoids in it than leaf, stem or ABV. I've not ever made green dragon out of bud/leaf/ABV, but I'm certain you'd need to use a lot more of it than if you were just using bud.

3. If you decarb your mix is not going to need months to mature. Two fairly quick washes will get the goodies. The problems with evaporating lower proof alcohols is the amount of water- the alcohol evaporates leaving a layer of oil over the water left behind as the alcohol evaporates. You need to evaporate all the water and alcohol which will leave the oil which you will then reconstitute with fresh alcohol. It takes a lot of alcohol to wash/soak your material. The tincture guru, PsychedelicSam has two threads on making tincture. Another Tincture thread and the Dragon Lite thread go into detail with recipes and videos.