Greek riots

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dubaba, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Setting cops on fire is a good way to get what you want.

....not.

2. This might be my favorite

[​IMG]

3. when are our banks going to collapse AGAIN? will this happen?

4. Violence can work but it should be avoided. I think they should take a page out of the egyptian book before resorting to violence. But tbh I dont know enough about the situation in greece, the cops may very well deserve it.

5. Yes, because the best way to get what you want is to bend over and take it in the ass.

:rolleyes:

6. There are plenty of non violent ways to stick it to the man....man.

7. No ethnic puns, please.

8. Black, meet white.

9. Depends on the context of the situation.

10. Self-defense is the best defense, no question. But when you're doing shit like setting fire to other peoples businesses, schools and other property (and other people), people that are probably as worse off as you as, in what way shape or form does this get your point across?

You're drawing attention to yourself for the wrong reasons. Instead of getting emotional, get smart and help run your own damn community. Get more self-education in your diet.

Education helps you analyze and find solutions to problems, emotions only make you biased.

11. #12 SouthrnSmoke, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011

If what you want is to get sprayed with lead, you are 100 percent correct.

P.s. I know you werent serious.

Do i have anybody agreeing that these riots might NOT be a godsend afterall? I mean i know some of you worship people who use violence to get what they want/need, but are you starting to see yet that these people are not even an inch closer to being freer despite all their fighting?

12. #13 Arteezy, Feb 25, 2011
    lolwut

Who said anything about taking it in the ass?

13. #14 garrison68, Feb 25, 2011

The thread title.

14. The ends don't justify the means, not even violence in the name of virtue is exempt.

Yea, cuz, violence is the only option.

:rolleyes:

15. [​IMG]

16. When your facing a oppressive government that is actively killing civilians, like in the case of Libya then violence is necessary. In this day in age violence is becoming less and less necessary but in some places it is.

The end may not justify the means but when it comes down to it there may be only one way to get to the end.

17. Using violence as a tool for revolution is a sure fire way to gain unnecessary attention and send the wrong message. Violence will never be the answer, for it sparks an emotional revolution instead of a peaceful one. The police using violence was surely unacceptable, but to respond with violence is to give the police what they were hoping for, for violence will lead to more violence, instead of revolution.

18. #19 garrison68, Feb 25, 2011

I didn't make the comment about taking it in the ass, maybe it was an intentional pun or a Freudian slip. "Greek", get it now ? :wave:

19. It's easy to say "don't be violent" from the comfort of a computer chair. Those people are in dire straits, given enough time in a terrible situation, most of us would probably be out throwing molotovs at shit too.

Sometimes you just gotta break shit and then start from the wreckage.