Greatest BAND Ever!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by oiseau777, Oct 19, 2004.

?

Best Band!

1. The Beatles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Rolling Stones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Grateful Dead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Led Zeppelin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Doors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pink Floyd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. U2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Metalica

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Pearl Jam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OTHER (Please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OK, what was/is the "Rock" BAND of all time. BAND is in caps because this poll is limited to Bands. So all you Elton John fans will wait for another poll.

2. my votes with the beatles. but i don't think the bottom thre bands should be on there, especially mettalica.

3. Yeah, I'd definetly have to say Pink Floyd. There music is greatly admired, especially by me. I hate how there's probably only about 5 girls in my city that have actually even heard them and that includes me.

4. If the question was: the most important band ever, it would have been The Beatles. Wheather you like them or not, what Adam and Eve are for humanity, are The beatles for modern rock/pop music.

The BEST band ever is another question. I cannot decide between Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. Strongly depends on my mood. But if you put a gun against my head I will go for Led Zeppelin. ;)

5. there is nothing wrong with a little elton john from time to time

6. all the bands u list are amazing, xcept metallica. dont like them anymore. but there are too many great bands to say one is the best.

7. Well, then you don't know shit. ;) All I'll say is first 5 albums are classics, how could you go wrong with that?

I say Pantera. The dimebag/phil combo was just too nasty. Viva La Metal!

edit: Oh shit, I forgot Primus! They are better than any band on that list imo.

8. Well ya see, imo vinnie could have been replaced, but phil or dime never could have been. Vinnie is good, but there are better in the metal genre.

9. That's why I voted for the Beatles. Guess I misunderstood the question. I don't think it's possible, at least for me, to choose any one band as being the best. Obviously some bands are better than others, but I couldn't choose a best out of them.

10. the beatles are overrated.
    you did not put the who on your poll, so i voted rolling stones. the stones explored all types of music from blues to pop. they have released so many albums its crazy. keith richards is very talented guitarist although a huge drug user, hell nothing wrong with that, drugs can inspire too. all that and not to mention they are still touring after some 40 years, you got to give em that, c'mon.

11. TooL eh? Maynard is a genius.

12. Tool's version of no quarter is fucking amazing, other than that I'm not a huge fan but I have respect for their music, it has such a unique sound. For the last few months i just can't stop listening to pink floyd, albums like Animals and The Division Bell are awesome one that I had never really listened to.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience was a band they rock. Idk, too many to chose from :smoke:

13. I agree with Metallica.

I voted for Led Zepp.

14. Damn... yes... I agree man. I dont really like the Beatles much... they sold themselves and their image. They were an instant success, it seems. It came down to the Stones and Led Zepp for me, it was a deathly close call, but I cant resist Page's guitar work.

15. The Beatles were not an instant success. They worked very heard, They started when they were like 13 or 14 years old! It took years for them to make it. They had some lucky breaks, but the reason they made it and were an instant success in the States is there was not anything like them before or since!

16. U2 should definetely not be on there, they suck. I voted for Led Zeppelin, they are the all around best band ever.

17. The Beatles for being so popular.
    Led Zeppelin for their talent.
    The Rolling Stones for being really popular for so long.

but what the hell was with the ones at the bottom, especially Metalica.

18. I'd say from that list the Rolling Stones. My favorite band is The New York Dolls though.