Great White Shark attack in So. California!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Still Smokin, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Holy shit!! :eek: I had to post this. One of my favorite movies of all time is Jaws. I study sharks a lot. Living only a half mile from the beach all my life, I picked up this fascination of sharks as a kid and have always been studying them. This is absolutely crazy. More people are killed in the U.S. each year by dogs than have been killed by great white sharks in the last 100 years. This is extremely rare. Does this not remind you of the movie jaws? Many people in SoCal are in a state of panic. Keep in mind that they are only speculating that its a Great White but they seem to be very confident in their words.

Read the story here ------> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24313314/

2. I had to do a double take when I thought it said "Great Red Shark."

Carry on.

3. "It looks like the shark came up, bit him, and swam away," said Solana Beach Deputy Fire Chief Dismas Abelman.

4. Solana beach is 10 minutes from me. In fact, it's the 2nd primary beach I go to in the summer. It was 100% sure a great white shark. They sent spotter planes and boats and were not able to find the beast so they closed 17 miles of shoesline off the san diego coast. It's pretty trippy, everytime im in the water thats the first thing I think about

5. Thats why i hate the ocean.
    I fucking hate sharks. Or jellyfish. Or fucking anything.
    I swear to god.

6. Try stepping on a stingray and have the stinger hanging from your ankle. That was the worst pain of my life

7. Or iif i keep being a wuss.
    I will remain safe.
    lol
    thats how i think of it.
    If i ever stepped on a stingray.
    I would never even go near sand.
    lol.