Great way to get rid of your hiccups

Discussion in 'General' started by Echoes of Floyd, Jun 15, 2011.

1. #1 Echoes of Floyd, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    What's up Blades, how's it going :wave:

Fuck Hiccups

So this method has worked for me EVERY time I have had the hiccups. Right away. And has worked for everyone I know.

Simply drinking water upside down.

So when you get your first hiccup. Go and get a water bottle. ( I'm sure any beverage of choice would work, but anything in a bottle is much easier). Tilt your head forward & down, chin against your throat. and tilt your upper back a tad bit forward as well. So you will be looking at your upper chest.

Start to drink your water upside down. It will probably be awkward at first. But just continue to raise your bottle up & sip slowly for a good 30+ seconds just to be safe. If done correctly I strongly guarantee your hiccups will be gone. Great method & works for me every time.

Have you Blades heard/attempted this method. Or know any other strange methods that work for you? :p :wave:

2. I heard mustard works

just a touch of it

I hate mustard tho

Ive also heard peanut butter but never tried it

I stick to drinking from the wrong side of the cup or holding my breath

3. i was bored so decided to look up "what causes hiccups?"

first link i found
    What causes hiccups?: Scientific American
    this article says we have a "central pattern generator" for hiccups that occurs under certain environmental conditions, yet fails to say what they are.

from there i added "and how to get rid of them" and got this article:
    Hiccups - What causes Hiccups And How to Get Rid of Hiccups
    it was from the most reliable source I could find, and lists a number of cures. it said hiccups were caused by a irritated nerve in the diaphragm.

so it seems there isn't a confirmed and agreed upon cause of hiccups, like no one really knows much about why or how cats purr.

4. I have a surefire way to get rid of your hiccups and it's much easier than drinking upside down.

All you have to do is take a deep breath in and then swallow. You need swallow as much you can, but about 5 swallows is usually fine.

5. Nice dude. Will definitely try that out next time :smoke:

6. They both work in the same way, one is just ten times easier than the other :D

7. Granny Storm Crow to the rescue! :hello:

8. Drinking upright usually solves the problem for me.

9. #10 Russy, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    Lots of tricks, But smoking MMJ really does usually take them away !

It relaxes you enough they vanish 99% of the time !

I have done the drinking upside one , and also the obvious , holding of breath.

Storm FTW !

:hello::wave:

10. drinking while holding my nose works better for me,

drinking upside down is way too awkward to do

11. Haha OP I used to do that whenever I got hiccups.

12. All I have to do is hold my breath

13. Just do a massive bong rip