Great Trick for All You College Students

Discussion in 'General' started by Raoul II, Dec 10, 2007.

1. My friend taught me this trick the other day, at it is AMAZING. I'm a good student, but a lazy one, so I often have trouble reaching page requirements and usually end up having nothing else to say with a half a page or so left. Here is the trick: Put all your periods in size 14 font. It sounds like it would be insignificant, but it actually increases your paper's length significantly, but it isn't noticeable to the reader. I bet this one will bail me out a few times.

2. How would that help?

I just write my papers the way they're suppost to be written, I have to write a 6 page paper right now on borderline personality disorder yay... :p

3. not very smart

if you are in college they have a 12 pt font rule

and if it looks a little big most teachers will check it and dock marks

that may work in high school but not college

4. Its worked for me in the past. Definitly does work. Try it out and see how hard it is to notice it.

Nevr been caught doin that at all.

5. Only a dunce wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 12 and 14 font. I seriously question your teacher if he/she doesn't notice that.

6. I've never had page requirements in college, only word counts so this wouldn't help in my situation :( Great idea though none the less..

-Mark

7. Do half of you even read? He said Put all your periods in size 14 font. This actually works, and it's not noticable, if you have a 4 page paper and you put all the periods to font 14 it increases your paper by a good half page or so, and it's almost undetectable(if you have to submit the paper online I wouldn't recommend doing it). I've done it before in the past, the last term paper I had to turn in I completely forgot to do it on, crap.

Edit: There was actually another thread on this, and almost everyone posted how much it helped them. I'll find it later on when I have more time.

8. Come on man, read the post.

I have heard, as well as seen this work. I dont have that problem normally though, I am a wordy writter, but this is a good trick to have in the books for anyone.

9. Yeah, I love this one. Its not that it makes your lines of writing significantly longer, it's that the formating moves the line below it down further from the line you're editing when you change a character to a larger font that's above a character of a smaller font. I hope that was somewhat clear.

More help: Putting your essay in Arial will make it significantly longer then Times New Roman.

10. ALWAYS go over the minimum limit. honestly in the time it takes to to change every period you could have added another paragraph...

11. Read first champ.

Size 12 .
    Size 14 .
    :hello:eric:hello:

12. There's a way to change them all at once; I doubt anyone would actually do it if they had to change them 1 by 1.

13. It makes the paper longer, but it also makes it look awkward because when you put the period in 14 (assuming you're typing a double spaced paper) it increases the distance between the line on which you changed it and the ones above and below it. If you go a line or two without having a period, it makes your paper look all awkward as the "double spacing" now actually varies because on the lines you changed are double spaced according to 14 font instead of the lines with no periods which are double spaced according to 12 font. Pretty easy to see.

14. To easily do it, hit Control+F, then put in a . and press find all. Then close the box and change the font to 14.

15. word up helps alot and more with the more periods you have

16. I saw this tip on a random YouTube video like 6 months ago.

17. same here...destiny?

18. When all of your classes assign a shit ton of homework, this trick is a lifesaver...9 Hours of Chemistry a week is killing me.

19. Haha i did this today for my english final.