Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Great Smell Proof Stash Jar

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by UndeadShadow:420, May 17, 2013.

1. #1 UndeadShadow:420, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
    im sorry i think i posted this in the wrong thread...im very stoned..i just wanted to post this and rushed too it and kinda thought i was in the right section at first. :s  :bongin:  If an Admin could put me in the right section for this post that would be awsome! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everybody this is my first post here Just wanna say Grass City is Amazing and i hope to be posting on the forums More from now on. :)

~~~~~

I recently got a Mason Jar with a Seal under the lid from a friend too hold my Bud in, and It is 100% Smell Proof from the very second that you close the Lid. I put my freshly Smoked Pipe In That Reeked, In the Jar Closed the Lid and Could Not smell a damn thing. Open the Lid and Then i can smell it all, close it and all the smell just dissapears. The Smell will still linger if you have it open but it sure keeps the main source of the smell Hidden. I Generaly have BC Kush, and It holds all the smell in the Jar You dont even Have to Worry about sombody smelling it, Unless you open it that is. i hope this helped if anybody was looking for a stash Container

~~~~~
    Its Similar To this Jar But Mine Is just a Plain Looking Jar But Larger / Taller And Same Locking Method. 

*Covering the jar in black Tape completely will help keep Any sun from getting In and Keep your weed Much Fresher Also*

[​IMG]

UndeadShadow:420  :bongin:  Happy Toking! 

2. I used to have one like that, now I just have a regular pop top rubber seal lid. Does the same thing.

For some reason not all seal tops like yours repel smell, so do be aware of that. Baggie it inside your jar.

3. #3 UndeadShadow:420, May 17, 2013
    Yeah This Seal works Great, Ive had My Pipe That I just Toked And Weed Inside the Jar Close the Lid and Instantly The smell Is Gone. 

But thats good to know, not sure what kind of seal i have.

4. #4 NiKoChE, May 17, 2013
    Yeah, the day I realized any type of mason jar WILL make it smell proof I was a happy guy, but thats not what I mainly use it for, it is really THE only way to store Cannabis. Any type of "bag" is dumb and wont contain the smell because terpenes penetrate through plastics and I heard its possible to penetrate glass but I don't think so.

I wish I knew about mason jars when I was a kid, would have saved me ounces and ounces of bud that my parents took from me over the years.

edit: and you should use the cap and twist seal type mason jar, they work the best IMO

5. Usually when Dogs smell weed packed in Mason or flip top jars, it's not because the smell is getting thru the glass, rather from your hands touching the outside of the jar after touching the buds.  Wash your hands, then rinse the jar after it's sealed and everything will be good.

6. I used to have a tightvac jar which was great because in addition to sealing the smell in, it actually vaccumed out any air in the jar so that the bud stays fresh even longer.

Haha im currently still at home i just need to hide the Smell because our rooms are all so close sometimes It Can start to reek before just keeping it in bags and Such. They dont care if i smoke Just Gotta Try and keep the smell hidden because nobody else in the house smokes weed. 

8. #8 stevizzy, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2013
    Hey, have you ever heard of using Nitrogen and Aragon Gas to displace the Oxygen....it's popular with the wine people?  I've got quite a collection of small jars and I'd never be able to suck the air out with a vac pump so I've been using that bottled gas for all long term storage jars with my trophy bud collection.  It's quick, easy and really seems to prevent oxidation or loss of flavor in my trophy bud collection.

Yeah, heat can make the rubber expand then compress, fucking up the seal - or the seal can not be very good in the first place. Either way, good reason to keep your jars out of the heat.

Other reason jars are so much better than baggies, trichomes are delicate, I hate to think how much hash has been lost to baggies over the years :(

One alternative for jar lovers that I've used, for when you're out and about, is spice jars. They're much harder to conceal than baggies, but will fit in your pocket, and do ok at keeping smell in, and not harming the weed too much :)