Great News

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by cheebaa, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Hey City,

Well right now me and by brother share a 2 bedroom apartment, things are not the best situation with us. I'm a very independent person anyways, so living with someone is kinda a drag at this point (atleast with a roommate).

So anyways he started seeing this girl and they are buying a house.

:rolleyes:

All I have to say about that situation.

But thats besides the point- I finally have my own apartment starting August. Things are going to be sweet.

I'm excited, I couldn't do a lot of the stuff I wanted to in the house because of my brother. He wouldn't let me set up an office area in an extra room at the front of the house. Like "wtf- I pay half the rent buddy".

I just know my smoking habits will change at first until I feel comfortable with spending money on pot again. I'm saving up for some travels in the near future (white mountains, and the appalachian trail in Maine)- and with the increase in rent I will experience I want to make sure I can still put money in the bank before I throw it to an "extra" expense.

Looks like this bag is my last till maybe the end of August. Its worth it.

My own fucking place :hello:

EDIT::

The only thing- it does need a little work- I need to reinstall some base boards I removed when I layed the new flooring in, and I need a new door on the second door you enter- the handle is messed up, but the door is hollow core, and it leads out to a poarch, so it should be insulated.

And there is some wood paneling you have to deal with- which I would ike to either just paint it white, or I hear you can fill the seams and then paint to give you a nice wall look.

But my brother has promised to give me half the money before he leaves.

2. thats awesome to get ur place dude. but i was lookin forward to livin w/ my bro. hes all happy i smoke pot now. i guess things can get complicated tho and i know we wernt always best freinds.

dude enjoy that joint/bowl the first day u got that apt alone.

well done

3. Hey you know how it is with brothers- I have lived with him all 21 years of my life. We were not in a good situation growing up and had to share a room till I was 18.

Then my mother moved out and it has been me and him for 3 more years.

It still irratates me to this day that I when I was 18 he was 21 and he was still living at home and I had to share my room with him.

So- from the start I was kinda annoyed with him.

And hes got a really bad habit I will not get into. But you just start noticing shit more and more.

4. lol dude the difference is me and my bro were bron 8 years apart. so he moved out like 3 years ago and when i graduate in 2 years itl be like i never knew him =].

i could be wrong. he could just like punch me all the time like he used to for no god damn reason!

nevertheless i wont paying the rent.

mwahaha

:smoke:

5. So today was fun,

My mom insisted in buying me paper towels, and TP, and garbage bags, and a whole bunch of other items.

She is worried about me- my brother moves out this saturday:yay:.

I'm excited about it. I'm going to be fine financially- and it will just be a better situation for me. I can finally do my own thing.

But anyways- she wanted to take me shopping for all that (at the whole sale store- like mega quantity) and I told her I was ok, and she should save her money. But moms are crazy sometimes :).

She also gave me some zucchini and squash from her garden- which I am cooking up now. Got some High Life- and some nice pot.

Life is good.

And I <3 mom.

and from my original post:

Yea, I'm doing ok with money- I adjusted my groceries, which I was wasting a lot of money. And I have just cut back on the amount and the amount of drinking. All is good in moderation and quite affordable.

6. Glad that things are going good for ya!

7. good for you, haha mah bro was smaller than me when i was 14 (he is 5 years older than me) so whatever i said went after dat but its good u got ya own place

8. :yay:

Two hours and its - get the fuck out time.

9. Well City,

He moved out.

I have to say, it was a little sad not having my brother around- I mean I have lived with him the entire 21 years of my life (so I'm sure it's just a normal thing).

But the saddest thing was on Sunday-he left his cat here to not cause it too much stress and took it on Sunday. It was sad coming home from hiking and not seeing that cat.

But things are going to look up. I have my vacation planned for 8/8-8/12, I will be up in the white mountains NH. I also have a plan for things that need to be taken care of when I return- some painting, decorating, repairing, purchasing, etc.

I also plan on stopping at a rescue shelter when I get most of the work done and get myself a kitten :).

So yea- overall a little sad without my brother (& the cat). But life goes on and I am going to be much happier in the long run.

10. Hell yeah man congrats, I move into my first apt. this Friday so Im pretty stoked about that.