Great Lakes area harvest. Need help on how much longer before I start to cut?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PootieTa, Sep 12, 2019.

1. 5583219E-9801-4EA6-BAA3-5C8C40BEF691.jpeg 99F6A645-BB74-4A80-AA45-28BC294CE50F.jpeg 0833C6F6-C977-4EF7-97D0-7C2BACB78D79.jpeg Here are some close up pics 5 days old.

Just testing my knowledge here.

Should these be cut soon in fear of rot or too cold of nights?

2. Northeast, here.
    Your plants do not look ready.
    I know that frost is on the way.
    Fungus IS the affliction of the season.
    But... if you harvest now... think of the time you have in them.....
    Covering with bedsheets, on frosty night, works for most plants.
    G’luck, Mate.

3. Yeah. Think is. Not exactly easily accessible very night.

Now we got this warm up humid weather a lot of rain. And of course it’s freaking swamp land out there. Which was nice for the drier summer. But now molds and fungus worry me.

You think October is too late? And what temps at night are too cold. ive Only been indoors in the past . And it’s been over 5 years since my last indoor crop.

This is my first time outside and probably the most I’ve managed to keep looking so damn pretty. I’d hate to lose the quality just to gain quantity.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your plant have at least 4 weeks. The first couple weeks in Oct. are generally harvest time in Michigan. As far as the cold OP suggested make some type of cover. A pot plant can take a light frost VOE. IMO If your growing in Michigan and don't have a way to cover your setting yourself up for possible heart break.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. My tomatoes I’m growing at home are even starting to get a faint black speckled spots on the stem. Which is new since this weather has been either cloudy, wet or humid.

I’m going spray my tomatoes with a peroxide water mix to help control it. But my sexy ladies won’t get any time for that treatment. They kind of need to be self sufficient until harvest .

Maybe I’m just worrying too much.

6. Was hoping you wouldn’t say that. But they got pretty good wind cover . I’ll probably just take em down before the first night of frost.

Is what it is. I’ll post another pic soon because the growth right now is booming .

Thanks for the advice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good luck!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. A ways to go imo, if you take them soon, there won't be quality or quantity..... Better off through one frost than to take them any time in the next 3-5 weeks. Good luck mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm also in the upper great lakes area and on Sept 3rd I pulled all mine inside due to cold wet weather, everything else growing started showing white powder mold within the week I moved all mine, it's been a cold ass wet Sept around here, now its showing a slow 50s to upper 60s over the next week with lows in the 40s. Not good for plants up here this year.

10. I'm in Niagara and mine aren't ready till last week of September to mid October. You have at least a month to go

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’m in the Great Lakes area too. It’s the chance we take growing here. If you can’t cover or move, you run the risk of mold. I lose a portion of my crop every year but I let them finish. Sometimes even into November

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Green cure for the powdery mildew.
    Baking soda can be used in a pinch @ 1 tablespoon per gallon of water.
    Weekly spraying will keep the plants clear of PM.
    upload_2019-9-12_5-27-21.png
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. What about using fans after the rain??

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. This year here has been wet, and I mean wet. In the past 20 years I dont remember a Sept that has been so damn cloudy and rainy. From the last week of August till today I've seen 2 days of sun, temps in the 60s to 30s, hating it. I wanted to leave my plants outside but feared the rot and molds, 3 other I know have lost most of there crops to the rot already and it's not showing any signs of it changing weather here. I grow NL and even those were showing all kinds of stress being outside, that and covering them for 5 days in a row was just becoming too much for me. Next summer I'm planning on a small 10x10x7ft greenhouse just to do a couple outside again. Maybe it's time to just pack up and get the hell out of the UP.

15. Been raining for days here. Well at least 5 out of the last 6 days.

16. I have had PM, Bud Rot and Black Mold these last couple weeks...

This is the reason I chose Autoflowers...

I am almost ready and have had to chop a couple colas prematurely because of these issues but they are a week or so away from harvest give or take.

Growing outdoors taught me a ton but the most important was probably that indoor is far less stressful and time consuming.

Next summer I will plant a couple outdoors but only for fun as I just setup an indoor grow to carry on with growing a little more seriously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. If you have that luxury. My stuff has to remain hidden so it’s a gentle shake of the plant to rid the excess moisture and a prayer

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. This is why I say " If your gonna grow in Michigan (especially northern) you should have a way to cover" and having good air flow is just as important.

19. Growing outdoors taught me a ton but the most important was probably that indoor is far less stressful and time consuming.
    First year outdoor grows are usually more stressful but get less the longer you do it. You just have to fix whatever stressing you out.
    It'd probably be cheaper to fix what's stressing you out in the outdoors than setting up for indoors.
    If you think a indoor grow is less stressful or time consuming your in for some heart ache. There's a whole lot more to worry about growing indoors.IMO