Great Kitsune's 1st Grow - AK47 in Aeroponics!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kitsunè, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Ok well I am so excited so I am going to start this one off a little earlier than most. I have just started germination, grow cabinet is being built this weekend. All the equipment is here. So without further ado here are the first pics.

Attached Files:

2. Subbed bro. This is where it all starts.

Sent from the Green Green Garden of Eden

3. Thanks for the sub =)

4. Already bro. Lets get growing. I enjoy the conversation and to see how others grow. And all that stuff. I like online friends. Don't get to share my grow with anyone else barely.

5. Well yes, that is rule number one, don't tell anyone about your grow.. For security reasons =) GC lets me brag and talk about my favorite new hobby! I am so excited it is FINALLY happening after about 4 months of research.

6. Glad

To hear you have done your homework. I like to help people who do research. Some folks just want to research nothing and expect everything answered. But that's no way to learn.

7. good luck!

8. Here you are, cool, subbed man.

9. I'm subbD to see how it goes, good luck!

whats the game plan?
    other than get copious amounts of free bud ;)
    -Lights, Cab size, and all that jazz

10. #10 Kitsunè, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    Ok well I will make this post a big one then. I just checked the little ones in their fresh wet paper towel. It is in a warm place but not hot, the towel was nice and warm without feeling hot. It looks like I have 5 cracked seeds at this point. I started with 21 Seeds and 5 have cracked so we will see how many more crack in the next couple days. If all 21 crack I should be ok til I get to the sexing stage. I have proper room for 15 ladies and if I am extrodanarily lucky and get more than 15, I have made arrangements to take care of them. The plan of course is to find my strongest female and clone 15 of her for the next round.

My Setup:

5'X3'X6' Grow Cabinet, plywood frame with matte white walls.

Lights are 4 T5 @24" lights, 4 T12 lights, and 2 150 watt CFL lights with reflectors and extention cords to light the bottom and sides for all my ladies. the T5 and 12s are on chains to be lowered as needed

Exhaust - 440cfm carbon scrubber , Intake - Passive air with Oscillating Fan for air flow for stalk strength

Medium - Aeroponics setup with Clay pellets and rock wool. Already have the nutes, ph up and down. With room for 15 ladies. I am using vertical spacing to make room for them all. Will have the lights from all sides and reflectors.

Genetics - AK 47 seeds from friend

Humidy and Temp sensors and ability to raise and lower as needed

Cloning - 55 Gallon trash can with white painted walls and a CFL 150 watt with reflector, will use as cloning chamber with the light and getting the ladies started. Will also use as an isolation chamber.

Home made bubble cloners enough room to start 20 of them aiming for the 15 mark again.

Plan - Start 21 seeds to aim for as many females as I can get. Once started isolate the females. Destroy the males. Find the strongest female in the entire grow, if there are multiple plants that do well I will take cuttings for them. I will make sure to have on extra female for my isolation chamber. When new clones are all growing, I will treat the isolated female and treat her with Collidal silver to make her make pollen sacks and save the pollen. Once as much pollen as I can get will fertilize a single bud in the main grow room to produce as many feminized seeds as I can. This is how the seed banks do it. Finish out Grow collect seeds. All seeds will be female genetic clones of my strongest females. From here I can either start a new strain, or take a new set of clones from the previous batch.

As for the drying. I have several cardboard boxes that I have strung string in to hang the buds. The boxes are connected to the main grow room's passive intake to pull the smell through the carbon filter just for extra security. Have mason jars ready for the dried bud to cure!

Also... Experimenting with adding some flavors here and there. In final week of budding I am going to take a needle and thread, string through the main stem of the plant near the base. Dip the bare thread into a bottle of extract. Extract will flavor the buds and make everything taste a little better. Also since doing this trick I can experiment with more flavors and combinations since I won't be flavoring the main resevoir

That is my coarse of action and update on the ladies. Will see what we have tomorrow.

11. Cheering you on bro! We are waiting for some tap root.

12. Just checked the girls a little early and Look!

[​IMG]

2 Of them already have the tap roots, should I go ahead and put these two in the rock wool cubes or wait? Also scaring me because it looks like a couple have cracked open but hasn't done anything towards making a root. Should I keep them all together a couple more days and see what happens? Go ahead and move these two to a rockwool cube each? I'm so excited! Yet worried since they aren't all around the same place in growing a root.

Attached Files:

13. I would wait and see tomorrow. If all or most have tap root tomorrow I would plant them. Or rock wool them. The ones not showing tap root don't worry. They grow at their own rate.

14. Congrats. You are a happy pappy!

15. Quick question, when I was getting my Rock Wool ready I noticed it wanted a PH of 5.5-6... Well should I have PH balanced my water for the paper towel? Or am I fine using tap water for germination.

16. I use RO water for everything.

17. RO Water? I'm taking that as Regular Old Water lol. Just worried that the chlorine in the water from the tap might be messing with the seeds, but I might just be over thinking it. Water here tastes ok

18. Reverse Osmosis water. I use from the machine where they filter all that nasty stuff out. Plants like it better. But i would not worry about it now. Just going forward in would consider no chlorine.

19. Crap I need to get better water lol, but at this point I am broke. So probally best to just get the water, and let it sit out for a couple days before using it for anything grow related.