gray mold what do I do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nurture, Sep 14, 2010.

1. I have what appears to be gray mold on one of my white widow plants grown outdoors in new england. Please how do i treat this issue?

2. I don't think there is anything that you can do to treat mold my friend.

Although I have heard people turning it into oil or hash since the heat will kill the mold (instead of the mold potentially hurt you in the long run). But again, I have only heard that so I don't know for sure.

3. You could cut the moldy spots out.

Post a picture, it'll be easier to help you

4. Molds are hard to get rid of...especially if you don't want to use chemicals. Two commonly used treatments are:

In a spray bottle, mix 4 teaspons baking soda, 1 tablespoon horticultural oil (neem), and one gallon of water. Spray the area lightly including undersides of leaves, etc. Don't pore or spray this mixture directly into the soil.

Mix one part low fat milk with nine parts water and spray every five to seven days.

I would also clean up any dead and infested material and burn it to get rid as much of the fungus as possible. Don't put it in your compost.

5. I found that if you just got the gray powdery stuff on your leaves and such it's not too late. After losing 2 plants to the exact thing your talking about I would advice you to cut off any leaves that had or have the gray powder on them, spray the plant with water and then do a good job of drying the plant off. When the plant has buds on it, it shouldn't stay wet for a long time, that will cause that gray powder turn into the fungus that actually eats and destroys your buds. So I always shake the plant so that 80% of the water comes off. Then just blow on it, and individually shake the branches that had water to get the remaining 20% off. Try and do this at the start of the time of day when your plant is getting the longest period of direct sunlight. I did this for one of my plants a couple weeks ago and haven't seen the powder since, and if you just keep doing it whenever the powder does occur it will hopefully prevent it from progressing on into the next stage.

Good luck.