Gravity waves

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by doobysmkr, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Gravity waves still make no sense. To go with Einstein’s model of a 'space-time' fabric. If gravity supposedly affects this "fabric" than gravitational waves should as well. Black holes have never been observed so it is still simple conjecture however these are supposedly some of the most forces in our universe and they collide and all it does is form a wave? How does these waves affect our physical reality in any notable fashion? None whatsoever. No stronger field of "gravity", or light escaping or anything of that nature just some waves. It just sounds completely fictional.

2. #22 NorseMythology, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Nice of you to join us.

Edit

What is your opinion on using infinities in physics (to give real answers describing reality)?

It seems to me that this definition of renormalizion...

Renormalization, the procedure in quantum field theory by which divergent parts of a calculation, leading to nonsensical infinite results, are absorbed by redefinition into a few measurable quantities, so yielding finite answers.

...is a physicists sleight of hand.

Edit one of your links addressed this so nevermind

3. First.. I must apologize for my untimely response. The mobile app isn't working for this forum and I have life to attend to. Since I don't really give a shit about you or your quackery, I figure I should stay true to my asshole self and be an asshole. Quite honestly, I have the shits of the internet because it enables stupid people to be stupid.. case in point, you.

Second.. I find it absolutely fucking hilarious that you are so sensitive that you felt the need to sign up to a weed based forum to defend your asinine "science". Not only that.. after you quoted me saying how viXra is a joke, all you sourced was from viXra.. and all your sources were your own! You dumb, narcissistic wannabe scientist. The ego on you man.. even had to spell out your full name so that people would KNOW it was you. Which I find funny cause when someone asked about you here: Google Grupe someone accused someone of being you and another replied saying that the true you has such a huge ego that you always use your full name on forums. People with egos the size of yours are pointless to argue with because no amount of facts will ever show them their errors.. people like you aren't even capable of making an error in your own eyes.

Since all you sourced was viXra.. I assume viXra is fair game.. and here is a lil gem I found: http://vixra.org/pdf/1603.0235v3.pdf
    "Confusion and crackpottery by Mr. Stephen J. Crothers"

Like I said.. viXra is a joke and full of bullshit. Kind of sad really.. that someone has to use viXra because they are butthurt that arXiv won't accept their "paper". Even sadder that the only requirement for arXiv is that ONE academic in the field of study must sign off to have them post it. So if you can't find just one person in your field of study to sign off.. then you must be on to something stupid.

I will admit that I am slightly biased against you.. cause when you came up, I did some digging on you and found this: Stephen J. Crothers - RationalWiki

And I looked at your personal site.. and when I saw that you claim black holes are fabricated and don't exist, I knew you were an idiot. Anyone who thinks black holes don't exist is an idiot who doesn't understand basic science. They are an idiot who thinks that they are literally black and literally a hole.. and they are not. A black hole is simply a region in space where gravity is so strong, that light cannot escape it. If you took a red marble and somehow increased its gravity to where light can't escape it.. you would have a black hole. You would still have the red marble there.. but it would only appear black as light is unable to strike it and reflect back out.

So yeah.. to sum up my thoughts on you, you are a narcissistic failure of science.. and true to narcissists, you have an overly bloated, yet highly sensitive ego.. who is one of those people who simply wants to go against the grain just to go against the grain. All you've done with your claims is say "this is wrong" yet don't actually offer up an alternative. That would be like if Bill O'Reilly said that the moon doesn't cause the tides and then never tries to offer an alternative explanation. Seriously.. that is the level of your intelligence and ignorance, Bill O'Reilly status.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #24 PeterParker, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    There is absolutely no evidence and likely no credible theory, that suggests there is anything at all inside an event horizon. To posit what ever is inside the "region" of a black hole, is very similar to pondering what's outside the universe. Note that a black hole is a region void of spacetime.

you also contradict yourself claiming black holes are not black, then go on to say this magic red marble black hole would look black, also there is nothing preventing light from going into a black hole (your thinking on light striking the marble)

From a physical perspective, there is nothing inside a black hole.

5. Purely semantics on the concept that is gravity. That was easy lol. You're argument seems to sugest gravity doesn't exist at all...because of a name lol

So because a mathematical model that describes spacetime produces "infinities" when applied to blackholes you deduce that blackholes must not be real? Instead of thinking "hey, this model cannot predict physics where spacetime converges to singularity. infinity results in physics generally means "doesn't make sense", which oddly is to your point. Problem is thinking any further, still giving the predicted results weight.

That is because the Schwaz' radius is used to predict the radius of a blackhole. As with every predicitve model ever, this is an approximation of reality. An idealized situation, not real. There is a bunch of other assertions in your comment that isn't even worth addressing. So I'll just call it all false...

This is just nonsense, like spaghetti monster kind of nonsense. wow that was nonsensical. I can't even refute any of it because so much is just made up (I can't claim you're false when you're making up the "rules")

No one has ever claimed / said that GR is a model for blackholes. But you seem to posit this....oh and talk a bunch of nonsense...superposition of universes? are you for real, GR right?

There is no single catch all theory (popular) for blackholes. There are many small ones that are for specific idealized situations. Also there are no "rules" for physical things, no the tools used to describe them. Yes geometry gets awfully strange when one learns about minkowski spacetime.

6. Einstein had no model for spacetime, Minkowski came up with that. Neither came up with the term fabric, someone who didn't study the stuff did, the term, however misleading, is easy to visualize so it has stuck. Slowly pop-sci is moving away from using the term. It's poetry, not physics.

Black holes were predict by GR, Einstein didn't think it was legit, but had complete faith in the model. The gravitational effects of black holes have been observed, this whether one can deduce that is "observing blackholes" is simply a matter of defining "observed". Have you observed oxygen before? Or the distance to the moon. Or time...well this could go on forever.

Gravity bends spacetime, not just space, not just time. The effect we are familiar with is on time, the acceleration to the centre of mass of the earth. However gravity also bends space, but to a much lesser magnitude. That is what was measured. When one considers the inverse square of gravity, the weakness of it's effect and the distance between detection and origin it is flat out INSANE that humans have been able to measure such a subtle change in spacetime.

For sure it's "just some waves", but the importance of which is subjective. Same as with anything. Considering the millions and millions of dollars put into the various wave detection projects I'd say that suggests this might be important...

7. A black hole is not a region that is void of spacetime.. not sure where you got that from. We know that a black hole has a massive amount of matter packed into an extremely small space. We also know that as they consume more matter, they gain more mass. If there was nothing inside a black hole, then there would be no reason for it's mass to increase as it consumes matter. What do you think happens when a black hole consumes matter? That it just turns into nothing?

What Is a Black Hole?
    "A black hole is a place in space where gravity pulls so much that even light can not get out. The gravity is so strong because matter has been squeezed into a tiny space."

Black Holes - NASA Science
    "Don't let the name fool you: a black hole is anything but empty space. Rather, it is a great amount of matter packed into a very small area - think of a star ten times more massive than the Sun squeezed into a sphere approximately the diameter of New York City."

Black Holes: Facts
    "Black holes consume the dust and gas from the galaxy around them, growing in size."
    Circling back to what I said.. if there is nothing in a black hole, there would be nothing inside of it to increase it's size. Since a black hole's size does increase, it's a simple conclusion that there is something inside it.

As for them being black.. there is a difference between the color black and blackness from a lack of light. They're not black like black paint or a black shirt, they're black like the night sky. If you took any object of any color and somehow increased it's gravity to where light cannot escape it, it would appear black. That is where a black hole gets it's blackness from, a lack of light.

8. Black holes and Einstein's gravitational waves do not exist. They are products of violations of the rules of pure mathematics, irrational imagination, mysticism, superstition, and wishful thinking.

Crothers, S.J., A Critical Analysis of LIGO's Recent Detection of Gravitational Waves Caused by Merging Black Holes, Hadronic Journal, Vol. 39, 2016, http://vixra.org/pdf/1603.0127v4.pdf

Crothers, S.J., On Corda's 'Clarification' of Schwarzschild's Solution, Hadronic Journal, Vol. 39, 2016, http://vixra.org/pdf/1602.0221v4.pdf

Big Bang creationism is the epitome of creationism because the creator created itself, out of nothing. Big bang creationists travel the world preaching their dogma, ridiculing all others who profess a different creationism, claiming that their big bang creationism is the one and only true creationism, all others false prophets.
    The so-called 'Cosmic Microwave Background' ('CMB') is inextricably intertwined with Big Bang creationism from General Relativity. Without the 'CMB', Big Bang creationism is dead. The reasons why the 'CMB' does not exist are simply stated:

(1) Kirchhoff's Law of Thermal Emission is false.
    (2) Due to (1), Planck's equation for thermal spectra is not universal.

Robitaille, P.-M., Crothers, S. J., “The Theory of Heat Radiation” Revisited: A Commentary on the Validity of Kirchhoff’s Law of Thermal Emission and Max Planck’s Claim of Universality, Progress in Physics, v. 11, p.120-132, (2015), http://vixra.org/pdf/1502.0007v1.pdf

NMR and MRI are thermal processes. That they exist is physical proof of the invalidity of Kirchhoff's Law of Thermal Emission and the non-universality of Planck's equation. If Kirchhoff's Law of Thermal Emission is true and Planck's equation is universal, then NMR and MRI would be impossible, because NMR and MRI utilise spin-lattice relaxation. The existence of clinical MRI and its use in medicine every day proves that Kirchhoff's Law of Thermal Emission is false and that Planck's equation is not universal. This means that the 'CMB' does not exist because it requires the validity of Kirchhoff's Law of Thermal Emission and universality of Planck's equation. Hence, Big Bang creationism is dead.

Consequently, when Penzias and Wilson assigned a temperature to their residual signal and the theoreticians assigned that signal to the Cosmos, they violated the laws of thermal emission. It is a scientific fact that no monopole signal has ever been detected beyond ~900 km of Earth. The signal is proximal (i.e. from the oceans on Earth). The COBE FIRAS shield did not protect it from microwave diffraction into its receiver. Water absorbs microwaves, as a microwave oven attests, and does radio communications on submarines. Hence, water also emits microwaves, since a good absorber is also a good emitter, at the same frequencies. Approximately 70% of Earth's surface is covered by water. This water is not microwave silent.

Robitaille P.-M., WMAP: A Radiological Analysis, Progress in Physics, v.1, pp.3-18, (2007), http://www.ptep-online.com/index_files/2007/PP-08-01.PDF

Robitaille P.-M., COBE: A Radiological Analysis, Progress in Physics, v.4, pp.17-42, (2009), http://www.ptep-online.com/index_files/2009/PP-19-03.PDF

9. The only things that exist are what can be observationally denied.

Belief in existence should be false, but we continue to prove logic the only course to "correct."

10. Black holes have an immense amount of activity at the event horizon...they are quite bright (immediate surrounding area)

It is impossible to measure inside a black, to get information out (in a meaningful way), Minkowski spacetime converges to a singularity at the event horizon...effectively making an area void of spacetime. Is spacetime actually missing from the inside...not falsifiable.

no one knows what happens to matter when a black hole consumes it. There are many guesses.

11. Yes.. but there is one thing we do know.. and that it is a black hole consumes the matter. Unless you dip into the science fiction beliefs of worm holes or alternate realities or any other crazy theory, there is no reason to think that the matter a black hole consumes is anywhere but inside the black hole.

Hawking proposed that black holes actually leak out information.. and from the research, it does appear that they evaporate over time. That 'information' is just radiation, but if we can somehow decode it.. we can learn the processes behind what created it, meaning we'd learn what goes on inside a black hole.

Also, a black hole is constantly pulling in the fabric of spacetime. Just like it is silly to believe that the matter a black hole consumes magically turns into nothing, it's silly to believe that everything and anything else it consumes just turns into nothing or whisked off to another reality. Remember.. energy cannot be created or destroyed, only change forms. If spacetime collapses into a singularity, all it is doing is changing forms.

Circling back to your OP, from a physical perspective.. a black hole is anything but void.

12. Are Minkowski spacetimes an actuality or a mathematical contrivance? Simply because the math can invent something doesnt necessarily mean that is how reality works (such as hyper-dimensional strings).

It seems futile to use idealize math to describe an actual reality, especially when the supposition (black holes) are not easily probed. Infinite densities for instance, are not possible, so a math to describe reality that allows physically impossible answers is a non-starter IMO.

13. Science operates in the philosophical realm of pragmatism. It doesn't matter at all if what we use to represent shit reflects "reality", it just matters that what we use is useful - this applies to the Minkowski space.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just because it doesn't make sense to use a hammer open a bottle of wine, does not mean it's an invalid tool for hammering. Minkowski spacetime isn't so much about predictions...it's about a concept. And at that it is still the reigning champ.

15. What is the significance though?

Instead of hypotheses about fictional spaces, why not figure out the nature of the space we actually live in?

16. fyi hawking radiation has not been observed (pretty sure)...but has generally been agreed to make sense. Also the "information" bit isn't a "piece it back together decoding thing (wtf?) If I understand right it is about causality.

I completely agree with saying from a physical perspective a black hole is anything but void as true...however it is void of spacetime..specifically...what that means...who the fuck knows.

17. Still champ?

A hypothetical space to explain a hypothetical entity?

18. I don't know...why is red so red? seriously though it surely has practical applications on the way to learning the leading edge theories.

19. I dont see how that is analogous

20. Ah I see...you err by calling Minkowski spacetime something that describes space...and the entity isn't hypothetical...everything exists in it...that's pretty real