Gravity/Monsanto Heads Up Sticky

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Oct 22, 2011.

1. You can order The Real Seed Company seeds HERE.

This is through "The Attitude" seed bank, (middleman) which I have personally had a fine success rate with.

Good luck.

jerry.

2. except they are sold out of all but 3 strains.

3. I saw that, too. I guess its a start, at least.

jerry.

4. I find that a lot with the 'tude. They seem more focused on listing every available strain rather than showing what they actually have available.

It's a shame that there just isnt a lot of options for those of us who live in the states.

5. [quote name='"jerry111165"']

You can order The Real Seed Company seeds HERE.

This is through "The Attitude" seed bank, (middleman) which I have personally had a fine success rate with.

Good luck.

jerry.[/quote]

Thanks Jerry!

6. #106 Kozminski, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    i've recently come to a similar conclusion. i'm almost done building a little sealed box for breeding/seed making, (so i don't pollinate the rest of my garden).
    and for storage i ordered some aluminium zip-lock bags, dessicant packs, and some assorted glass vials (with sealing screw-tops). also have some canning jars. i've been storing my seeds in little plastic containers tucked into a bed of dry rice.
    ...thinkin of gettin another small refrigerator to store 'em in, one that won't get opened and closed a lot, try to maintain a constant low humidity and steady temps.

with so many strains in my cycle, i need the seeds to keep for a while before i can get to 'em again.
    :smoke:

...one day i hope to have an entire entheogen garden, but you didn't hear that here... you read it, but now forget that you did.

7. Re: imprelis imperils?

I have been mulling over the concepts and it's occurred to me that the complacency is as destructive as the evil corporation itself. This monstrosity is not being directly challenged.

It's a QUESTION?? obviously imprelis is Imperiling the entire globe with the threat of toxic, non-degradable pollution released into our food source.

8. This is a great thread!

I watched "Food Inc." about 3 years ago and it rocked my mind when it came to thinking local, buying local, and growing local.

Monsanto is about the most evil corporation out there, hell they are even trying to get laws past overseas that only allow their "proprietart" seeds to be grown.

It just amazes me that a company can patent a seed then take another persons land away if their seed happens to pollinate their crop.

I mean WOW!

9. This is a great thread!

I watched "Food Inc." about 3 years ago and it rocked my mind when it came to thinking local, buying local, and growing local.

Monsanto is about the most evil corporation out there, hell they are even trying to get laws past overseas that only allow their "proprietary" seeds to be grown.

It just amazes me that a company can patent a seed then take another persons land away if their seed happens to pollinate their crop.

I mean WOW!

10. FYI Yall ...

USDA's GMO 'regulations' page.... aka the revolving door

an Interesting page I came across my search for alternatives to lumber... guerilla gardenin

11. Bump
    sorry, didn't want to loose this thread adn I'm too high to operated the buttons to get it to stay subbed.

12. There's a lot to be enraged about, and it only takes going to dupont's website (sub. with others) to see that it's pure evil.. .. .. And they are frank about their horrible poisons ... can you IMAGINE what they are hiding? of course with regulations they "couldn't hide anything" but the revolving door makes me think this is much bigger than it may seem.

Things have been let slide for too long, and now the thing in the drafts is roundup ready kentuky blue grass and roundup ready alfalfa... All the while It's clear this system is failing.

13. UPDATE:
    I think my plants are gonna be ok without this stuff. Lol

Attached Files:

14. Someone sticky this. It's worth everyone's reading time, and I won't have to keep bumping it.

15. 420MI I would say your girls are freaking A-OK without it! DANG! woo wee. Rep time for 420mi! great job! aww nvm they wont let me give rep cause I already gave ya some. BOO! but those are some nice looking colas!

16. Simply beautiful Jerry! BRAVO!:hello::hello: I assume you did training all through veg to get a bush like that am I right? One question though. Does final flowering pot size determine the end size of a plant? for instance if your girl was in a 5 Gallon pot would she be smaller or the same size? Thats one question that has always lingered in my mind.

17. DownGirl

Indirectly perhaps. The root mass is the key here and how you get that is where the different nursery pots come into play at commercials nurseries.

This is where the various auto root-pruning pots staked their marketing claims, i.e increased root mass for growing full-sized plants and shrubs. When you ship your plants across the country using commercial carriers, you are charged for the s.f. of the floor space used. OTOH, your revenue is determined by the health of the plant (obviously) but equally important is the root mass. Healthier plants have larger root mass making transplanting go easier.

SmartPots and their product line (under their commercial name) were the first out of the gate with these types of pots. The pots that are sold specifically for growing large shrubs and tree saplings are somewhat different than the standard versions. They are smaller in diameter for the same size pot (say a #5) but will be taller - you still end up with the same amount of volume but it's configured differently.

Then there's the Caledonia Tree Company's Air Pots (or whatever they're calling them this year or month - it's hard to keep up). Pretty steep price and working with their distribution network can be frustrating to say the least. I've had them and used them for their intended used to grow saplings. Eh - no big deal.

LD

18. Someone sticky this one too.....