Gravity/Monsanto Heads Up Sticky

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Oct 22, 2011.

1. #41 LumperDawgz2, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    **chuckle***

"It's real hard to fix ignorance and stupid is out of the question" - old Chinese proverb from the writer, Wing Dong Ching Chong

sniff, sniff, sob, sob, slobber, slobber - I'm all verklempt and stuff - can anyone spare a hankie?

LD
    Certified Organic Terrorist

2. I got this info and link that was posted above from a homestate medical marijuana web site. The over all consensus on that forum, seems to be that you would have to drink a gallon of this shit to have any bad effects, so they will keep using it. And this is from supposedly medical providers caring for cancer patients? If ignorance is bliss they must be very happy. And seriously, there is absolutely no need to chemically improve organic bud, no need for bloom booster magic at all. Organicaly grown bud is as nature intended. You want more, bigger buds? Add more light and provide more root space, that's it, no need to goop it all up with hydro hyped bull shit. It is bad enough I smoked that mexy paraquat that our govt sprayed, and smoked bud from very much unknown sources, grown in unknown methods for years. I can't change that, but I can look at myself in the mirror and know I grow the very best way i know how, and have no qualms about sharing with a cancer patient.....MIW

3. #43 jerry111165, Oct 29, 2011
    Havent heard the "Paraquat" word for a long time now. Brings back (bad) memories.

What the hell is wrong with the bulk of (medical or not) growers??? Literally no consciense. You can throw this literature in thier face and they will still continue to use it even tho they know deep down just how bad it is?

Where the fu*% is this negative mentality coming from??? Holy cow, I cannot believe how ignorant people are!!!!!!!!!!! This is so crazy. You can prove to people how bad these products are and they will turn thier back on you and jump right into the car and head to the hydro store to buy more...

Mentality and comment from the hydro forum - yep... i looked... like previously posted it is only used for two weeks... and it should be gone by chop time...

wow.

:confused::confused::confused:

jerry.

4. Kool Aid anyone?

5. Thanks guys. I was just days from using it, now it's going back to the store.

6. Fu#$*ng right man. You rock and are setting a fine example. Too bad you couldnt print out the report, hand it in with your nutrients to the Gro Store, and see how the dood likes it when he finds out why he's lost a sale.

Let us know what the Hydro Dude says when you tell him why!

+REP.

:hello:

jerry.

7. #47 420inMI, Oct 29, 2011
    [quote name='"jerry111165"']Fu#$*ng right man. You rock and are setting a fine example. Too bad you couldnt print out the report, hand it in with your nutrients to the Gro Store, and see how the dood likes it when he finds out why he's lost a sale.

Let us know what the Hydro Dude says when you tell him why!

+REP.

:hello:

jerry.[/quote]

I already have the report saved as a screen shot on my phone (smartphones are the shit). When he asks why I wanna return their wonderful product ,I'll whip out my phone and say "cause it fucking causes cancer". Well see how that goes.

Attached Files:

8. There goes your good dude discount......MIW

9. [quote name='"MI Wolverine"']

There goes your good dude discount......MIW[/quote]

So be it. Better than my life.

10. Unless 420inMI tells him he better double the discount or he's gonna stand outside passing out flyers.

Funny - but it isnt. Get off the grow store anyhow 420. You DO NOT NEED THEM.

If you're not already, see below. This right here is a single Northern Lights plant, in a 10 gallon pot. It has been trained, and is only 16" tall, and 5 feet across. It vegged for 4-5 weeks out of a party cup under a 400w Metal Halide, and has been in the flower room for 2 weeks now under 2,000 watts of HPS lighting.

It has never seen a bottled nutrient or had the ph checked. If I had to guess, I would say that between building/mixing the soil and providing any nutrition thru the life of the plant, that by the time this gal finishes it will have cost me a total of $25.00 - besides electricity.

Home mixed "soil", water-only besides the occassional AACT or organic teas.

Just trying to make a point. I have no doubt that she will produce a half-pound of extremely high quality medicine.

I apologize for the poor quality pictures. My wife has the good camera out of state.

jerry.

Attached Files:

11. :hello:Sorry - I was on a roll...*lol*

This is a vegging Northern Lights as well, that I just 5 minutes ago put into the flower room. It has been under the 400w MH for 4 weeks now from party cup clone. It is 12" tall and 3 feet across. I stuck a party cup on it just for reference. Again, 10 gallon pot. It didnt want to fit thru the flower room doorway after the 4 week veg time.

Again, never seen a bottled nutrient.

MICROBES ROCK!!! :hello:

jerry.

Attached Files:

12. hell yes jerry. I've gotta do that.

13. beautiful Jerry, simply beautiful!!

14. #54 420inMI, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
    Beautiful plants Jerry. This is my first grow, as with everyone's first they have to devise their own way of doing things. I'd say I'm pretty much onboard with organic growing and try and incorporate as many natural was of doing things as I can. I've been using AACT aswell as some bottled nutes, but try and buy organic when I can. Gravity at first glance appears to be just that. Amino acids, B1 and kelp. Looked good to me right? When it's all said and done one of my future grows will be nothing but organic. It's just gonna take me a minute to get it on lockdown.

Anyhow. I took the gravity back to the store. The clerk at the counter asked why I wanted to return it, and I said it has been banned in 2 states and is known to contain a carcinogen. Hey says yea I've heard that. Do you believe all that? I said well yea, I've got a document on my phone of some testing that was done on it. Yea I've read all that he said, and gladly gave me back my money. He also claimed he has used the product, and will continue to, cause it works. Lol. Now if somebody can find me a safe alternative, I will be glad to look into it. Anyways heres a pic of one of my girls, 4 weeks into flowering.

Attached Files:

15. He will have a prepared answer for you. Be prepared for him and have fun. ;)

16. Sorry MIW - dont mean to get off the subject at hand here...

420inMI - unfortunately(well, not really unfortunately), mixing both organics and bottled hydro nutes simply does not work out.

I've been using AACT aswell as some bottled nutes,

As soon as you start hitting the gals with the hydro nutes, you are literally killing off the beneficial microbes that you just added in your AACT.

Now if somebody can find me a safe alternative, I will be glad to look into it.

It will take some time, but you need to lose this mentality. You do not need these "snake oil" "bud hardeners", or any of the other mumbo jumbo marketed in the grow stores. You really simply dont need it! Marijuana is like any other plant. Learn to Garden - dont learn to "grow weed", and growing beautiful plants will fall into place. Once you learn how to grow fully organic - not half-and-half, you will see what we mean about having a Living Soil means. I have been growing for almost 25 years now, and have only relatively recently learned how to actually grow properly - organically, and let me tell you 420 - I am simply amazed with my results. I will never, ever need to use a bottled nutrient again (with the eception of fish hydrolysate, etc), and will never look back.

Once you see your own results you will see what I mean. Try this: -

Peat, earthworm castings, quality compost. perhaps buy a bag of Epsoma "Garden Tone", or "Tomato Tone". thats it. Make a soil mix out of this that will drain properly, and watch your results. Perhaps use some fish hydrolysate (like "Neptunes Harvest") - you can use this during both veg and flower. I'm serious. Whats it going to cost you? DO NOT add any bottled nutes, watch your results and get back to us. In the meantime, keep reading all that you can here in the Organic Growing forums, but first off, try this simple mix. You can get deeper as you want and need, but that would be a simply terrific start. :)

Ok - we gotta talk shit about bottled hydro nutes now cuz thats what this thread is about...

Bottled Nutes suck!

ok, that should cover us. :)

have a good weekend.

Oh - Mr. McGee, thank you very much kind sir. :)

jerry.

17. I read that whole page...fucking hideous what poeple try to do for a buck. Depressing!

18. I work in the Health Field, it should be called the Unhealthy Field, I hand out little white pills that should have skull and crossbones on them, for side effects my patients get from their other little white pills...

19. Unfortunately we live in a society with the quick n speedy bigger is better syndrome.
    I wouldnt be suprised if they come out with a study to prove that mj as a whole is harmful because of the chems its grown with, and totally disregard the organic grow aspect.

And of course you'll have the dum dums thats gonna be all i tol u weed was bad, i wouldnt expect anyone that doesnt know jack squat about horticulture to be knowledgeable about true organics, in there eyes humic acid is no different than beastie bloomz.

20. [quote name='"SkunkPatronus"']

I work in the Health Field, it should be called the Unhealthy Field, I hand out little white pills that should have skull and crossbones on them, for side effects my patients get from their other little white pills...[/quote]

Not to mention these blatant commercials that TELL you the product may kill you, or give you restless bowel syndrome or some shit. I know i kinda got off topic of evil nutes, but i had to vent.