Gravity/Monsanto Heads Up Sticky

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Chunk, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Definitely a case of greed chasing greed - their customers are 50% of the problem.

2. P.T.Barnum was right and AFA the customers, you can't fix stupid.

Thank God I was exposed to a similar 'this' when I started growing rare ferns and orchids back in the early 70's. Not quite as bad and you certainly didn't ingest it, but you learned about snake oils and magic claims.

Different plants, same marketing.

It's all the same and I've never even been tempted to buy any bottled elixir, or powders for that matter. The only bottled nutes I've ever bought were Earth Juice. Good stuff, but easy and even cheaper to duplicate yourself.

Wet

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for sharing that link, it was quite an interesting read. I know "medical growers" who use Eagle 20 on their plants to control PM. They don't care if it's harmful to the patients, as they're just out to make money. Must be scary buying weed at dispensaries....

4. So I guess it's true, what they say about Gravity.

It sucks. ;)

5. But boy would we be screwed without it.

jerry.

6. Good morning jerry. Not fair that you are 3 hours ahead of me. :(

7. If you cared at all you would simply set your alarm 3 hours earlier.

:D

jerry.

8. Wake up at 12.30 am instead of 3:30 am?

Ahh,sure buddy.

9. Like the old timey confidence men used to say, "You can't con an honest person."

I feel like this thread should be in the hydro section where people actually use grow store voodoo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I wouldn't ever use it but that is a shocking and scary read. Damn I had no idea it was that bad with some of this bottled stuff. WoW.

Thanks for the eye opener to that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Possum

"Tip of the iceberg"

12. Damn I had no idea it was that bad with some of this bottled stuff. WoW.

Thats kind of where I'm at with this. I knew that in general bottled nutes werent good, but didnt realize that they were actually carcinogenic - and who knows what else.

Think of how many people there are out there using even the Flower Dragon. Then think of how many people are using all of the other bottles. It really is scary. I honestly never, ever thought about it in this sense before.

Why the hell would we, or anyone for that matter, want to use poisons - yeah, poisons, on thier plants that we wouldnt want in our bodies in the first place. I dont think that theres too much that we use organically that we wouldnt want in our bodies - peat, fish, alfalfa, comfrey - even the earthworm castings might not taste good but i bet they aint gonna kill ya...*lol*

The more and more I think about this, the more i realize what an idiot I was when I was using bottles. The Dept. of Agriculture and the Dept. of Environmental Protection really should get all of these products off of the shelves. When you look at the lists its amazing how many very bad things being promoted in the grow stores to the unsuspecting gardeners.\\

jerry.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #33 WeeDroid, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    I've never trusted bottle nutes. :mad: Probably because I have chemical sensitivities (as well as asthma) and I've ALWAYS distrusted authority figures and salesmen (thanks Wizard of Oz!) of any sort.

Speaking of the Wizard, if anyone has a chance to see the play Wicked (what happened in Oz before Dorothy arrived) I highly, highly recommend it. :D

14. So I dropped off the link, in the op, in the hydro section here.

I wonder what will grow of it?

• Like Like x 1

15. Lots of denial.

PW

16. Almost funny. :(

At least word is out and the link seems to be an ethical hydro site. Already one member is posting an apparently healthier alternative.

17. #37 WeeDroid, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    Correct you are pointswest. Already the denial:
    ... is happening. As well, the same denier is attacking someone offering a healthier alternative, calling them a spammer.

Fuckin' disgusting. :mad:

18. #38 pointswest, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    As LD has stated earlier, the manufacturers are only half of the problem. The other half is the lemming mentality of the customers believing this crap and passing it along to new growers. Seems to have a Jim Jones, cult-like following. I guess when you pay these outrageous prices for these products you have to justify the costs somehow.

Some medical growers have even stated they can use systemic chemicals as long as they stop a few weeks before harvest because: "It will be gone at harvest".
    '--:eek:--'

PW

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pretty much word for word there.

Is it just me, or do others here only visit the organic forum at grasscity?