Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gravity Bongs vs Waterfall Bongs? Pro's and con's?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr Gargamel, Nov 5, 2011.

1. What's up guys.

I am like the only person I know who uses Waterfall Bongs ALL the time and hardly ever uses Gravity Bongs. But to be fair, I've only made a Gravity twice, but every single time I smoke I end up turning to a waterfall.

To me, the waterfall is easier because you don't need a giant sink or bucket... all you need is a bottle. You don't have to have a technique or pull speed... it fills up automatically. And for me, I feel like I clear it better and don't lose any smoke, because once the chamber is filled, you have it in your hands, and you don't have to lean over the sink and push down.

But is there really any difference between the two besides the fact that one empties water, and the other is just in a big bucket of water? Is one more effective and efficient than the other? Is it just personal preference?

2. Personally I prefer neither. It's a dry smoke that hasn't been filtered. You do get massive rips, but I prefer tasty bong rips.

I guess whichever is easier to setup.

3. Yeah I like waterfalls a lot better too.

4. Ive only ever used a gravity bong once, and never used a waterfall bong... The waterfall does sound a lot more convenient, but a normal glass bong works the best I think. :smoke:

5. I've made both and used both over a few months so this is what I think... It comes down to preference of whether you like taking giant ass hits all at once or just taking as much as you can from a bottle and just keep doing that until it's gone.

On a small scale though, it's just what ever you feel more comfortable with.

Waterfalls are fun if you are not trying take a big hit to the dome and pass out after. They are a little more difficult and dependent on where you are to use. I usually just go outside and put it on top of a chair and put it in the middle of my yard and don't worry about the water. I used a 3 gallon water jug and it worker really well, my only complain was that it took forever for the water to get out and I actually repacked the bowl after about 3/4 of the water being out.

Gravity bongs I think are a little more practical and easier to deal with and easier to use again quickly. And you can take one single giant hit. I prefer this just because of that alone, one giant ass hit. And instead of just having to refill the bottle again I just have to push the bottle back in and repack the bowl.

It's all in what you are comfortable with but I think gravity bongs have a slight edge but waterfalls look so much cooler.

6. i made a waterfall bong that you set in the water like a grav bong.

works quite well.
    combo grav bong is the shiiitt

7. I prefer the waterfall bong. Whenever I am out of papers or what not, I always choose waterfall over gravity. It wastes less water, and the set-up is much easier. There is really no reason for me to use a gravity bong if I can make a waterfall bong in a fraction of the time.

8. Gravity bong
    Pro- hits you HARD
    - easy to make
    Con
    - a little large to hide well

Waterfall bong
    Pro- no bucket
    -easier to make
    Con- inconvenient
    - doesn't hit you as hard
    -

9. a few:

gravs "push" the smoke in to your lungs (goes more straight to the dome)
    waterfalls use more water over time
    waterfalls are more portable (only with "recycling water technique" implementation)
    the larger a waterfall bottle gets, the more cumbersome it becomes
    the smaller the gravity bong, the more you may as well make it a waterfall

10. I hate waterfall bongs. Takes too long for all the water to get out of it. And I wasn't even using a large bottle. I guess I just needed a bigger hole, but still... Grav bongs, I can take whatever size hit I want, AND not even have to inhale, but instead simply push the smoke into my lungs.

11. Waterfalls are a bit messier in the sense that you need to do it over a sink or something or outside. They are also pretty inconvenient, since you need to fill them up, and drain them for every hit. I will give it to the waterfall though, if made right, they do rip better imo than a gravity.

12. you know you can make a waterfall bottle, then submerge it in the grav bucket?
    use it like a waterfall too. before the water is all gone, suck it in like a diffused bong hahaha its awesome

13. They're the same thing really, except Gravity bongs take longer to make and the smoke is less harsh because of the pressure of the water(i dont wanna explain it scientifically) it just shoots the smoke down ur throat to your lungs.
    Waterfall's are easier to make, hit and funner imo :)

14. i feel you on the bending over thing and pushing down but i got a solution for ya. where i live this is how we do it:
    get like a gatorade bottle or somethin and make a few holes(similar to the one on the bottom of a waterfall) on the side of the bottle, but right on the bottom. and spread them out evenly. this way once its brewed you can take it out of the base (bucket) without losing smoke. where i live we dont push dont either we ussually just suck in or take it fully out of the base.

15. I have to say, I love this whole fucking thread haha. Gravs and waterfalls, they're both freaking amazing. I prefer a waterfall to a regular grav, but my waterfall that I made is kind of in between lol. It's more grav than waterfall.. I wish I could explain. Either way, I'm a MASSIVE grav/waterfall fan, and I approve of this thread lol.

16. Yeah Ive always felt like it was an under appreciated way of consuming herb. I've never had anything that's hit me as hard as a gravity or waterfall bong

17. I couple people are saying waterfalls are more portable, but i made a gravity bong out of a water bottle that fit inside of a shaker bottle (like the ones you get for free from gyms and stuff) that I would fill with water, put the bottle in, put the lid on, throw it in my car and have it anywhere I go. I do change the water daily though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum