Gravity Bong...

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by tokebowls99, Nov 23, 2013.

1. What is a gravity bong?
    How do you make one?
    How fucked up does it get you?
    How much weed do you use?

Any personal stories???

2. A gravity bong is when you cut off the bottom of a 2-liter, stick it in a bucket of water, make a bowl out of the cap and screw it on (usually a socket is used), and you light the weed while pulling it out of the water.  The suction draws on the bowl really hard, creating a insane amount of smoke.  When it's almost out of the water, unscrew the cap, put your mouth over the top of the soda bottle, and push down on it.  If you do it right, you can get freaking messed up with just .3 if it's good weed  :eek:

Had a few friends over a few days ago and we decided to make a waterfall bong (almost the same, but you fill/drain the 2-liter instead of using a bucket).  I put about half a gram of dank in the glass bowl I have for making them and just let it rip.  The whole thing burned in just the single hit (had packed it for me and one other guy), but I hit it anyway.  After about 5 minutes of coughing, it was literally impossible for me to keep a straight face.  Was laughing at everything, and trying to figure out what the hell I was laughing at just made me crack up even more  :bongin:

3. A week ago a buddy came to my house, made a gravity bong from 2 bottles (cut in half, the bottom was little wider so the top half could fit in), hitted it once, sit. For like 5 minutes i was feeling more and more higher but nothing more than normal high. My buddy grabbed the keyboard and showed me a video. Don't watch it until you are high as fuck (seriously). It's called The Music Scene by Blockhead. So we put it on highest quality, fullscreen, turn off the lights and play it. I was feeling like I had brain surgery while being totally conscious. I was feeling like someone was fucking with my senses. It was fucking awesome. When the video I was still looking at the screen, my buddy asked how was it. I said 'Fucking awesome'. We were laughing hard and I noticed that he was high like me although he's smoking much more than me. I was seeing fucking auras everywhere and vibrations. Then he played some electro which I enjoyed. It didn't have a video so we both closed our eyes and leaned back. I felt like something is dragging me out of body and then I saw something. I don't know what it was but for sure nothing that can be registered with our normal senses. Then I thought that I may be out of body. I kinda freaked out but then I started thinking of some objects and I saw them like with open eyes, full detail. The rest of my trip was the same but my buddy had to go home. It was the best trip I ever had. I didn't even put much weed in it. It was less than 0.5 for sure. And it was enough for us two. This is now the best method ever to smoke weed for me. I even did cough for a while which didn't happen to in like 3 years. If you watched Half Baked then you know what I mean.

4. we used to make one out of the big Gatorade bottles. we would:

*put a hole in the middle of the cap with a knife.
    *find a tiny wrench bit as your bowl. *take a lighter and hold it underneath the hole u cut into the cap for a sec, then slide the wrench bit into the hole so It fits nice and snug.(when It cools off, it should stay in place and air tight.)
    *then burn a tiny hole in the bottom corner of the bottle.(smaller than ur index finger. that's your carb so to speak.)

whaaa laaa. there u have a gravity bong. back a bowl. fill the bottle with water, while covering the bottom hole shut with your finger. screw the top on, light the bowl. let the water start poring out, and when it's all out, unscrew the cap and inhale the smoke. if u do it right it can get u messed.

5. I just picked up a grav labs boomstick the thing hits so hard it's awesome. Basically a portable waterless gravity bong

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. My bro and I used to make gravity bongs in the summer. We'd go over to his house and instead of using a bucket, smoked the bong in the pool. Then just get on a raft and float around all afternoon. It was chill.

Lately I've been using a gravity bong I put together with a milk jug, the bowl from my metal pipe, and a dehumidifier bucket. That thing hits like a goddamned freight train.

7. There's several ways. Just need it to function the same way. I've never used a good one but they get you ripped

bueno

8. I love gravs! there so versatile. one of my buds back in highschool had one of those mini 8.4 oz apple juice bottles. made a little waterfall out of it, shit was so clutch. Grav was always my go to device cause it concerved weed and got you hella baked.

9. gets you FUCKED UP
    use less weed than anything you've ever used
    i use a green tea jug and a cooler, cut the bottom of the green tea jug out and melt a socket into the cap

don't use it too much, tolerance will shoot up like a rocket and will fuck your lungs up

10. will.fuck.you.up

11. Wow. This just got me super excited! Can't wait to get ripped now lol!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

12. What everyone else said. Take a two liter cut the bottom put it in a bucket. You will get fucked up and your lungs will hate you lol but they're fun. Don't let the smoke sit in the bottle too Long it gets stale and funny tasting very quick.

13. Awe I didn't know my waterfall would fuck my tolerance faster. Fuck it, I love my new one I made out of a tall smart water bottle and a bowl. Gets me ripped after 1 go.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Dont do it its so fucking stupid. I hate people who are like "Gbs get you so fucked up dood!"

15. How so?

16. I agree it fucks you up, but mine used a whole bowls worth of herb haha, so it really never conserved for me. I have to redesign mine. 

17. Well, I guess if you had nothing but a slide, a grav bong wouldnt be so bad. I just hate when people think smoking out of a plastic water bottle is better than expensive custom glass. Thats all im saying. I know a lot of people that put grav bongs over everything else and refuse to think otherwise. Then there are people who think it conserves weed and that is just a whole other story. 

Bottom line, if you have a nice, clean glass piece, it will not compare to a GB.

18. #18 smokeylungs, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    these are called aqua-lungs where im from. I just stick with a lung (2lr bottle with a bag on the end, cut a little hole in the 2lr bottle lid and pop a metal bowl in, tape a little handle on the inside and its good to go) I always dump the water too often

19. Mine is made out of a 2liter inside a 3liter. Forgot what size socket I used. They help conserve weed.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

20. Smoking out of plastic is straight up bad. A few times won't hurt you, but as your 'go-to' piece THAT is fucked up.
    Thankfully they make glass gravity bongs nowadays that DO include a slide, like the one pictured here;

[​IMG]