gravity bong. wicked?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sosweetbek, Feb 20, 2009.

1. What do y'all use as bowl peices?

2. #22 blaze140, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    I've smoked out of the G.B. a few times. But the last two times I was smoking with it, I was passed out on my friends couch. I really don't enjoy doing it that much because I usually take multiple hits that just fuck me up. The last time I took 2 hits. The 1st hit was fine but the 2nd hit was a whole other story. My friend put some kief on the herb. It was some dank ass shit. My stomach was hurting and shit. I didn't even want to finish the food my friend ordered. I was fucking gone. I just hit that shit last Saturday, so I made a promise 2 myself that I wouldn't smoke until Friday. I had to take a quick break.

But now I just got my hands on sum Sugar Shack. I gonna go hit that up on my cousin's Bong and take a few hits from my Vapor Genie. I just wanna relax. I don't need to get fucked up on the ganja.

Regular use of the G.B. is for people who only wanna get fucked up. Not for people who just wanna relax and let the high kick in smoothly.

3. ...

Gravity bongs-waste weed?

FAIL :D

4. Milk jug and 5 gallon bucket. Burn a whole in the cap til the bong slide fits. Bucket filled with water and ice. Ping pong ball inside the milk jug so you don't get a mouthful of water. Never seen kids black out before from weed til i saw gravs in action

5. #25 sobe-bong, Feb 20, 2009
    I've been a huge fan of the gravity for years and years. I'm pretty sold that the bucket or waterfall (essentially the same thing if you think) is hands down the most cost effective way to do it. Such a small amount always does so much so well. Physics is constantly working against all of us, but inside that bottle it somehow shifts into your best friend. This type of cooperation from the universe to me seems so unusual, I find it highly suspicous like there might be a greater secret to be discovered here.

One thing I will definately recommend is don't use foil, any other metal (or dear god plastic), for a bowl ever, get a glass one. If your hits are too harsh, I find it helps if you don't put so much in, get or make a long diffuser, use some ice, and use a hakko instead of a bic (or hover the ligher 1 cm away).

I'm working on an all glass one now. It has a lot of potential, the prototype I've got here is pretty sick, very smooth milky hits

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/anchor-hocking-1154u-1-liter-glass-pitcher-/9995263.html
    + sobe bottle with hole
    + size 15 cork
    + 14.5 19cm roor diffuser
    + gspot ash catcher
    + 7mm bent pyrex tube for inhalation (small cork for cap during pull up)
    + hakko 907

it's basically a bang for the buck, more reasonably sized, and replaceable version of the g-bubbler with a separate tube for hitting it.

The diffuser still isn't here, so I'll have to see how well it works out. My only concern is fitting that and the breathing tube within the cork's diameter. A slighly shorter bottle with a wider neck would be a good find. The sobe is also cheap 2nd rate glass, if anyone knows of a decent 70mm (3") by 200mm (8") bottle w/ a wider neck please post!! So far in my exhaustive search of google shopping, this is winning the race but I still don't know if it is borosilicate or the exact dimensions http://www.opentip.com/Home-Garden/Lixit-Oz-Replacement-Bottle-p-675426.html

I will try to post a vid once i get the rest of the stuff.

The hakko is pretty useful as well, check it if you've never heard of it.
    Also check out a separatory funnel, interesting idea there

6. For sure, I use the gb to conserve! You would be a fool to attach a full size bowl to a grav. I use a 4.5 mm socket and it is perfect! If you aren't blazed enough, take another grav. It is hard to overdo it when it is in small increments. Overdoing is not a problem!

A bong that gets you super blazed for about 3 bucks from Wal-Mart (or Trader Joe's for the hippies) cannot be beat for efficiency in every facet of the word of smoking bud. :smoke:

7. #27 calikevin87, Feb 20, 2009

Aren't SoBe bottles glass...?

I made one out of a 2 liter bottle... One of my 14mm bowls fits perfectly into the cap.

EDIT: http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/d-fo/gravitybong.html

That's awesome. Now I need to get a SoBe tomorrow.

8. theres a little dent in the bottom that breaks out with the tap of a nail.

9. well whoever thinks that GBs waste weed is insane.... it only takes a pinch to fill up a bowl and since you pull the whole bowl into a thick hit you get completely stoned off one or wo hits.

i've had just a dime of shwag get 7 people too high to move from my GB.

the best way to make one like that is to take a 2L, cut off the very bottom of it straight across, then you use a lighter to melt the top enough to stick in the socket, then you use tape to keep the socket in place, then you fill up a bucket and put the bottle without the socket all the way in so the water fills it up, hen you screw on the lid with the socket packed full, then you holds the lighter to the bowl and pull the bottle up as slowly as you can until the weed s cherried, and then you just keep pulling until the bottle is almost out of the water, then you unscrew the top and open your lungs while you push the bottle down....

if the smoke is yellow,

make sure you have a drink for right after you exhale or you might die of a coughing fit

if i can figure out how to put avideo of mine i will

10. i think you light the weed on the cap, let the smoke go in the bottle while you let go of the hole at the bottom (water falls) so it empties out the bottle leaving no water just smoke then cover the hole once the water is gone open the cap and theres your hit. :rolleyes:

11. ewwww dude stale smoke is naaaassstttyyyyyy. i prefer the waterfall its easy plus you can make a sobe waterfall.[quote name='sosweetbek']
    many a times i has seen rips pulled from mine that were thick clouds of pure yellow smoke.

..quote]

12. Hands down, the best way to make a bowl is to get one of these:

www.bucketchillum.com

I swear by it and it's my new favorite toy!!! I take it to parties and it's saved me a lot of money on weed. GB's are the best way to get the longest, best high using the smallest amount of weed. I started in college with a bowl screwed into the cap of a gatorade 32 oz-er, but the bowl could only be used for the specific gatorade bottle. Since I ordered the BC Chillum, I just take that with me and make a GB out of any bottle, though a clear 2-liter soda bottle or juice bottle (wider mouth) works best. The hardest thing is making the bowl but if you have this piece, it's all you need. It's the sweetest smoking tool I've owned since my first water bong (long since retired).

13. yes good to see so much appreciation for the gravity, it truly is unmatched. Whoever invented it is owed several KGs from everyone who appreciates it over 3 g. blunts that kill you quick and barely do shit.

That thing is pretty sweet, I used a small coaxial fitting for a while. But after I actually did some research, it's clear that metals are generally all sorts of neurotoxic.

COPPER is 100% absoulte brain damage do not use. ALUMINIUM is also bad. I've heard brass is OK but I believe brass is just copper + TIN + bronze. Those stainless steel water bottles are quite toxic also, so what metals are there that are GOOD to smoke out of?

Any further ideas for an all glass gravity bong, please share them with us.

14. yeah cost efficient, the shit around here is suddenly $500/oz now. no room for blunts in my budget, even if there was, I'd still only use a gravity.

i found that holding the bowl with some pliers, heating it over the stove and jamming it through the cap works better than burning the cap. no tape required either..

if you suck in, the bottle should drop on it's own. hands free

eh those scare me. The first time that happened I was so excited, then I hit it and DIED. I think if you put less in and try not to torch it as much. There's no need to burn those parts of the plant, most of the thc burns off with a lighter hovered over it.

15. I LOVE when a hit is CREAMY yellow. Usually it is just a thick, thick white.

$500 an ounce man? That SUCKS.

16. dude.

500$

either its super dry and only a few people are selling or that is some dank.

we get an oz for 85- 200 down here

.... of course lately everyone's been spending more

we got some lemon-deisel kush that will blow your mind

cant wait to put that in a GB

17. i cant do GB's.

18. I have a question on GBs. What is the best way to use them? Burn them with a match? Lighter?
    Also, how fast do you guys pull it up?

19. i use a lighter and pull it up like average speed for like an inch or two, until the bowl is cherried, and then i pull it up the rest of the way super slow.... you have to pull the wole time you have a lighter on it though or else you burn the weed.

the best way to know when to hold the lighter to it or how fast to pull is to just watch the smoke and how much is pullin' in

20. One time, I took three hits from a gravity bong in quick succession, and I heard something whisper RIGHT in my ear (I was alone at the time).
    I was tripping pretty hard that day.