Gravity Bong water question

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by chroniccc, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Recently made a prety sweet gravity bong.. the only problem is its a big hassle to carry around the mini bucket of water... so what i was wondering is does it matter if the water is dirty and your smoking with it? say i was to use the bucket as the sink? would that work even tho the water in the sink might be dirty...

if i make no sense disregard this post im pretty baked right now

2. Since the smoke isn't actually passing through the water, I would say the quality of the water doesn't matter. Unless there are some sort of noxious fumes coming from it you should be fine. The water is simply there for suction, not filtration/cooling like in a normal bong.

3. ok thanks a ton man! i was also think like in the summer im by lake erie alot could i just use the lake as the water bucket you think? lool

4. anyone else have any input to say on this?

5. yes that would work! works in a bathtub too.
    lol i never thought about doing it in a lake

6. Lakes are dirty. You could just get a full water bottle, put your bong stem in the top, fill with weed, poke a hole in the bottom, and let the water drain while keeping the weed lit.

Edit: Make sure the bottom of the stem is submerged in water BEFORE lighting though.