Grateful Dead, a cosmically retrospective religion?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mojo Hand, May 25, 2010.

1. Ok. Does anyone think that the Grateful Dead were more than a band, but a force sent from the cosmos the reunite the world? I say this because there is a Dead tune for every good or bad trip you're on, the lyrics are very insightful and somewhat cryptic, and good vibes just flow out of Jerry's guitar and voice. Also there is a line from either the Egyptian or Tibetan book of the Dead that says, "In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead." Now they knew about this, but this is the retrospective part. Did the Egyptian's foretell the coming of the dead to bring the world out of darkness?

2. i agree with most of this, i dont think the tibetan book and shit forsee anything, thats how they chose their name. I think the culture can seem like a religion, but really the movement is unlike any religion because the acceptance and unity. ahhaha

3. I love the Grateful Dead, listening to them right now. I don't know if they were for seen though.