grasshoppers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bud Farmer, Jul 1, 2002.

1. hello forum dudes. Does anyone have a surefire method to control grasshoppers? We have a virtual plague of them this year, and they are TEARING me up. PLEASE help with any ideas.

2. HIGH All, hey Bud Farmer never had a problem with grasshoppers but I still had to reply to your post and maybe help a bit.
    I read that flour gums up their mouths and they starve to death? Never used it but sevin supposely does the job, it's a chemical so I don't know if you want to use it. Maybe mosquito netting? Just trying to throw you some suggestions Bud Farmer, hope your plants survive this attack and you have some nice smoke at the end of the season.

"Man Made Booze, God Made grass, who do You Trust"

3. thanx for the replys. have sprayed my plants for the first time ever in 25 years of growing with sevin first and diazinon
    after that, to no effect. Little bastards eat right through mosquito netting also. I have heard of coating sheets of cardboard with spray glue, and merely scaring them off plants and onto sticky surface, but I can't really do this covertly. I resist using malathion or stronger insecticides, so may try the flour thing. Have NEVER seen as many hoppers as this year, it is truely Biblical in proportion.