GrassCity's user's View's on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by leoyen, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I am all for concealed carry. It's the only way to protect yourself from criminals. Ban guns and you really think the bad guys are going to turn in theirs?
    And people need to stop calling the ar15 an assault rifle. The definition of assault rifle is a rifle that has select fire capability ( semi-auto, three round burst, and full auto). Ar15s are just semi auto, and alot of people use them for hunting.
    If people think we have a lot of gun violence now, just see what happens when the government comes to peoples houses and tries to take their guns away.

2. I have a rather eloquent way of talking about this subject, but I'll keep this brief because others here have said what I have.

"Do you remove a dogs teeth simply because a few dogs have bitten people.
    Do you cut out a mans tongue because it is prone to lying?
    Perhaps we should cut off everyone hand because it has the capability to steal."

Don't be a fool and give up the only thing standing between the free world and freedom. You remove the citizens ability to defend him or herself and you might as well put us in cages and spare everyone the decades of corruption leading to human cages.

3. Actually there is no such thing as an assault rifle.

The term "assault rifle" was made up by the legislation attempting to prohibit them. They defined "assault rifles" based on certain scary characteristics like collapsible stocks and pistol grips.

Then it got picked up by video games and the fat lady was already beginning her swan song. Today every teenager "knows" that an AK-47 is an "assault rifle" and a Remington 700 is a "sniper rifle"

4. in africa yes

5. Isn't the military industrial complex wonderful? Yet they tell us in Political Science that we can't prove it because you can't measure motivation...

6. Literally you have more chance of getting hit by a truck, or dying on the way to work in a wreck, than at the hands of a gun weilding murderer pent on revenge(or whatever). But seriously people WTF do you need assault rifles and handguns for? They are built with one purpose in mind and it certainly is not shooting ranges......it is to tear flesh and kill other humans. Just stop making these things available to the general public and i guarantee gun related crimes will go down even more. Yeeah sure you have your constitution which says you have the right to bear arms.......great i am all for it, but when they wrote that it was a very different time. Perhaps it is time to be the leaders of the world the Americans claim to be once and for all.
    No matter what you do bad guys will always find a way just stop making it so fucking easy for them. Canada 179 gun deaths in 2009. Pratically every household outside city centers have guns in them, but they are used for hunting not killing your neighbour. Assault rifles, and handguns(concealed or not) are illegal. Most gun related deaths in Canada come about through smuggled handguns from the U.S.
    A good dose of respect for life would not hurt either.

7. @boomboom1. Hey if you guys are hunting with three round bursts from an AR-15(not an assault rifle according to some) maybe its time to learn to shoot. Hunting with anything beyond a shotgun or rifle is absolutely unneccessary.

8. Bulkshit. We already know for a fact crime rates don't go down. Look into political science before you guarantee false nonsense.

9. En mi opinion a gun is the last defense against a tyrannical goverment

10. well kenjamink, after 2 seconds of research on you i realize why you make statements like that. You must not spend any time off of these forums so how could you be expected to have any apathy or sense. Another 2 seconds of research you could see these statistics. If you live in a place where you need a gun to defend yourself......maybe its time to move or help in changing the make-up of the neighbourhood. If you think its the governments fault speak out against them. Stand your ground for whatever you believe, but don't for 1 second think that because you have 10000 posts on this site i give a shit about you and your guns and political science. Thats the problem with this world is lunacy like this so......good luck with that mindset.

11. [quote name='"herbal7"']@boomboom1. Hey if you guys are hunting with three round bursts from an AR-15(not an assault rifle according to some) maybe its time to learn to shoot. Hunting with anything beyond a shotgun or rifle is absolutely unneccessary.[/quote]

Ar-15s aren't 3 round burst. Just semi auto like I said.

12. The people's right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    US Constitutions 2nd amendment.
    What part of SHALL NOT do you not understand?

The founding fathers didn't add the 2nd ammendment so we could hunt or "go kill our neighbors" and just because someone else is fucked enough to do that doesn't mean you can call all us gun owners criminal. Don't be so asinine.
    You make it seem like owning an "assault" rifle somehow makes them bloodthirsty murderers. I happen to own my own "Assault" rifle and I know many people who are proud owners of AKs and ARs alike.
    If someone has the motive to go kill their neighbor then they are going to do it regardless of if they own a firearm or not.
    They could potentially kill them using their bare hands for fucks sake.

No the founding fathers made sure that we were an armed society so that the people could rise up and fight off an oppressive government or a foreign invasion.

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    Thomas Jefferson

13. #93 Virtue 7, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    Herbal, your arguments are a joke. I'm sorry, man. But I don't take anything of what you're saying seriously. I don't think you hold a good enough argument.

"No matter what you do bad guys will always find a way just stop making it so fucking easy for them."

Really? haha! There is an entire war on drugs. That doesn't make it hard for the "bad guys". :laughing:

We DON'T control people! That's what this is all about. Control. You can't control people. You don't make it hard for a "bad guy" to get a gun. A "bad guy" goes out and gets a gun. There's a black market. Don't be silly. The law CLEARLY doesn't stop these men from doing anything that they already are.

So sure.. Give rules and regulations.. Don't allow certain people to buy guns legally because of their criminal record.. but you can't take away a good and and honest persons gun because some fucking idiot shot people up. Stop holding the public accountable for individuals mistakes. That's a giant step backwards in liberty and freedom.

You think people would learn by now. Abortions. Gay marriages. Guns. They're all here. Let's get with the times, people.

14. I'm not giving up my fire-arms until my government does.

15. If gun control didnt change anything then why are there so few gun related deaths in other countries? (compared to the states)

16. The US has a lot more guns in circulation, that's why. Gun control doesn't mean they go away. It just means that it's harder to get new guns.

The other 300,000,000 of current guns? They're still there.

17. #97 Verdurous, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    Admitting you only do two seconds of research at a time and resorting to argumentum as hominem is defaming, man. lol I don't own any guns and am a conscientious objector. If you read my previous post in this thread rather than making rash assumptions about my stance on the issue while failing to recognize the fact that there is no correlation between guns either deterring or encouraging crime, you wouldn't sound as incredibly misinformed... My mindset is factual and nonpartisan with an intolerance for misinformation. How is that at all lunacy? Also, what does my post count have to do with my opinion? Just because I have the app and like to reply to shit when I'm bored or can't sleep doesn't mean shit. lol

18. Not to mention if you do manage to get gun ownership down, people just commit violent acts with other weapons, such as knives. See the UK.

19. It's so refreshing to see people with sense posting. My FB is a joke. lol. They have their hearts in the right place when they want to outlaw guns. I respect that. But I don't know where the fuck their brain is.