GrassCity's user's View's on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by leoyen, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I'm never joining any armed forces first off I don't want to die and if that makes me a pussy or coward I don't care and I don't want to kill anybody and I really don't want to fight in a war that I don't support

2. Prohibition doesn't work. It didn't work on alcohol. It doesn't work on weed. It does, however, directly create a black market. Outlawing something never makes that thing disappear.

We have the same situation with guns. Where people, working under the radar, can sell guns to just about anybody. These guns sold have no way of being traced to their real owner.

Outlawing guns would be insane. Literally. If a person doesn't understand that, than they just don't understand the world we live in. We can play the tragedy card.. We can tell talk about recent events.. And we can continue judging humanity by the worst of its kind.. You know.. murderers.. Or we can actually be rational for a second.

Outlawing guns. What exactly does that do? Well, it makes people feel safer. People like to give up their liberty for a little security. It's a shitty deal, though.. Seeing as how, there is no such thing as security. There are no guarantees in life.. So how can anybody, such as citizens or members of the government, tell anyone they'd be safe?

The fact of the matter is.. Guns exist. They're here, people. Whether you like or not.. Whether I like it or not. They're here. And they aren't going anywhere. When you outlaw the guns, then only outlaws use them. People who wish to fuck up your day.

Great, so now the everyday person gets their self protection taken away. The one thing that would enable them to fight back against these people.

Everybody should be able to take up the chance to learn how to use a gun for protection. This is the reality we live in.. And changing the law isn't going to make these people who shoot up people act any better. That's a fucking joke. Seriously.

Laws? Rules? Regulations? Sure. But don't punish GOOD and HONEST people because some IDIOT fucked it up for the rest of people.

Guns are a RIGHT for a reason. Just like speech.. Just like internet.. Just like religion.. Just like abortion.. Just like gay marriage.. You don't dictate what a person does in their life. That's called fascism.. and just another step closer to a military state and marshal law.

3. If you joined a militia you wouldn't have to fight in any situation except to defend your homeland. I would never want to die in some shithole thousands of miles from home, but I'd gladly fight to defend my family and friends.

4. I support a right to carry a weapon by all able adults. Mentally unstable,criminal records and histories of violence should strip a man of this right however. Also every gun owner should have a license like a drivers or even linked with drivers license and be responsible for safekeeping of their weapons. Homes with childeren, multiple weapons or in areas of high theft should be subject to weapons searches to make sure they are in a safe, unloaded or safely with the owner. Reducing childhood mishaps with huns and stolen guns is a good thing.

Gun free zones have got to go though, it only creates victims helpless and dependent on either mericful god or police. All but 1 mass public murder in the last 50 years has been in a gun free zone, and thatsnot a coincidence

5. And also, why do people think people who drop bombs, kill innocent, manipulate the media, govern people, want to outlaw guns. Now, why one earth would they do that? Hmmm...

6. #46 Blutteufel, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    Never, ever, ever bring video games into a gun control debate, much less use them as a positive example.

It only makes you look like an ignorant, irresponsible child.

7. In my opinion too there are certain guns that no person should ever own there's no reason ever to need something automatic and also guns wouldn't do shit if the govenment tried to take over I'd like to see a rifle or 9mm try to stop a tank hell they can push a button in some bunker and blow you up before you'd even have a chance to use your gun

8. Oh, you don't stand a chance, so please, give us your guns.

;)

9. I'm torn on this. I see both sides, certainly I would feel safer if there were no guns. I hate guns. However, prohibition doesn't work, it creates a black market which ends up with dangerous people getting guns regardless. I wish we didn't need guns at all. World peace man, world peace. Unfortunately I don't see that happening, which leaves me thinking I would rather have a gun to protect myself than being in a position where I cannot defend myself.

And I used to be on anti depression meds and antipsycotics, those should be illegal. They take away your thoughts and feelings making you like a zombie. Its pretty easy to shoot someone when you don't give a fuck about anything.

10. I don't agree with the searches, I think that's invasive and draconian. A better way to prevent mishaps with children, rather than locking weapons up in a safe, which makes them unavailable in a pinch, is to introduce children to guns early, teach them proper safety procedures, such as never storing a gun loaded, checking to see if the gun is loaded before you do anything else with it, even if you think it's unloaded, never pointing a gun, loaded or unloaded, at anything you don't intend to shoot. Also storing ammunition separately from your guns, a gun without ammunition is of no danger to a child or anyone else.

Some people may balk at the idea of teaching children about guns from an early age, but it's the smartest thing to do, it removes any mystique a gun may have to a child, and let's them know the proper way to handle these tools.

I've always said that the mistake that people make with guns is regarding them with fear, rather than respect. Guns demand respect, but there is absolutely no reason to be afraid of them.

11. Agreed. Education is always the key.

12. Dude it's an excellent analogy, using a medium that most people are familiar with, videogames...

13. A government can't nuke it's own country, that just wouldn't accomplish their goal in such a conflict. Their objective would be pacification of the populace, not the destruction of the country. They might deploy tanks or other military technology against the people, but with weapons like assault rifles, we'd be able to gain possession of things like RPG's, tanks, anti-air guns, etc.

People sometimes make the argument that the government has superior military technology, but they forget that everything they have, we could take, but the better armed we are to start with the easier it would be to do that.

That is why people have a need and a right to automatic weapons.

14. Exactly. Rebels stand quite the fighting chance.

15. I wish it were that simple, but it really only has any merit to one side of the spectrum. Any time they are mentioned to the anti-gun supporters, they immediately begin ranting about how pro-gun activists and others on that side of the argument can't tell the difference from reality and fiction and other such ridiculous horseshit. It's sad, but past evidence speaks for itself. That, and I can speak from personal experience, as I once made the mistake of making this argument myself, some time ago. Man, you cannot believe the shitstorm I received from what was otherwise a fairly logical point.

16. Still no reason to go off on someone else for making the same argument you did just because some dorks didn't comprehend it. That just lets their point of view prevail. I've had the same thing happen to me, where I used an unusual analogy to make an argument, and people were distracted by the premise of it rather than focusing on the point I was trying to make. Remember it's they who missed the point, not you.

17. #58 Blutteufel, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    I wasn't "going off" - I was merely expressing my opinion of the unfortunate futility of such an argument, as I otherwise agree with it. Maybe I could have worded it better, but no hostility was intended.

18. Has anyone seen the sales in AR-15 magazines go up?!!! Its getting crazy. Do you guys think the price of my AR will go up as well?

19. Some pro gun advocates point to airlines as showing that gun free zones do work. What they fail to mention is that we have an armed air Marshall on the plane at all times. And screening is intense borderline invasive, would you like to have that at every school or office building so they can be gun free. The idea of a gun free world is great but there's no way that will happen.

Borderline is if the enemy has guns don't you want your allies to have guns as well. You can get bulletproof vests armored cars and live a life of fear or you can be prepared to fight back and give your enemy fear to attack you