Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

grasscity why you chqnge format

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gosk8, Feb 16, 2014.

1. must be for software upgrades.

2. It's because they specifically dislike you and wanted to upset you.

3. Grasscity did a few marijuanas and changed. They just aren't the same as they used to be.

Melted into the couch and not fun anymore.

Omega369 :wave:

4. because this way honestly works far better

How the conversation went
    "Hey guys, wanna know what'll be hilarious?"
    "What?"
    *snicker* "Changing the format"
    "Bahahahaha do it!! Looooool"

You mean the software change that was done in May?

The old vBulletin software they were using was badly outdated, falling apart at the seams and putting undue load on the servers causing additional problems...surprising they were able to keep it working as long as they did...

Newer versions of the vBulletin software proved to not be suitable...

They changed to IPB because it offered the best features/performance for the forum's needs...

Regardless of whether some people like or dislike it, the new software is much better...

7. Someone is not living up to their username

This is what we'll do. Ill take your post and you take mine.

I was lucky enough to be one of the testers for the new software before they brought it live...;)

9. I agree, I hate the new format, the app is shitty and doesn't work nearly as well as the old app

10. the new format is fine...  people just don't like change

Hell...I pretty much forget the old one...I've been playing with this one for over a year now...I like it just fine...

12. I just want to +rep people

Funny...I never thought I'd miss it...still not a big deal, but I actually kinda miss being able to hand out rep...I was fortunate enough to build up a decent amount of rep, and with my post count, I was able to give people a pretty good bump...felt good...

14. #15 thewarden, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    I totally miss the rep system. It was just kind of a representation of how involved in this website you were (or in the case of certain blades, how fast you could advertise the fact you were female)

things change though, I guess I justwish specifically we could have that aspect of old gc back. The other stuff doesn't really bother me, gc always gets little drop down menu changes and stuff. 

PSHHHHHHHHHHHH, ya blew it, amigo haha

like other people said not too big on the implementation of the 'likes' system. it wasn't as bad when we had likes AND reps, but with just likes I feel like this is facebook or something haha. has a less forum-y feel IMO

to add something positive (not ALL negativity haha) I dig the fact it notifies you when somebody quotes one of your posts. I'm stoned a lot and don't always check my subscribed threads 

15. I miss writing comments when I liked what someone said and getting a nice little comment when someone liked what I said. "Likes" are great but be able to read a nice little comment made me feel just a tiny bit more warm and fuzzy inside.

Sorry...totally missed this post...

The test system was working perfectly when we finished up...no glitches...

Unfortunately, there were a few that showed up pretty quickly when it was brought live...they just didn't show up on the smaller test board...

Ugh...I just typed up an insanely long post...*delete*

Suffice to say, rep wasn't dropped because they wanted to, but because the had to...no support for such a system exists in the software...instead we get a couple of different features, and software that runs faster and far more reliably than the old one ever could...:cool:

17. #18 thewarden, Feb 16, 2014

haha it's all good. I'm really busy nowadays and don't spend all that much time on here anyway. I really don't have any complaints about it not working correctly, more just preference stuff. 

I don't at all understand the innerworkings or logistics of operating gc and wouldn't wnt to task you/anybody else with explaining it, but there wouldn't be some equivalent they could use? like it wouldn't be EXACTLY the same as the rep system, but similar? again, I don't understand how it works at all haha, it just seems feasbile considering all the other little touch-ups that are always added

just nostalgia'd hard, too, thinking about all the GC changes. I miss the old pandora's box so much. it's been gone since what, like 2010 or so? crazy to to think about how fast time passes. it doesn't even seem like all that long ago when they were threatening to take it away cause people kept asking for dosages/hookups. I'd waaaaaaay rather have that privilege back than rep

Nah...nothing even close...just supports the like system they're using...

Believe it or not, the old rep system was a horrible system hog...I was quite surprised...

19. #20 thewarden, Feb 16, 2014

yeah, that's nuts. wouldn't have ever guessed that. it seemed rather straightforward.