Grasscity...the anti-alcohol community.

Discussion in 'General' started by cesscapade, Feb 3, 2014.

1. #41 OGsmokr, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    [quote name="walterbishop" post="19458165" timestamp="1391442931"]I disagree, many studies show drinking a beer or two a day is good for you.You, like many seem to think that alcohol automatically means binge drinking.Do you always get stoned when you smoke? Have you ever taken a single toke to get rid of nausea? Or help you sleep? Or do you always smoke to the point of being utterly wasted?I'm a 195 lb man. Having a single beer with my diner does not buzz me, or get me drunk. Nor do I usually drink more.[/quote]yea, a beer or two.. that's fine.But alcohol is worse than bud man its a fact. How many people die from alcohol per year? How many from bud per year? Lol. Also alcohol is a lot more addictive and can lead to way more long term illnesses. And yes, every time I smoke my intentions are to get stoned.. I can smoke however much I want and be able to function. Where as with alcohol, you drink a little too much and you can't even walk straight. I'm not against alcohol, just saying it's worse than Le herb brother.

2. I could careless what they have to say :smoke:

I'm still going to pound down my brews :metal:

3. Idk bro, I enjoy drinking.

More so lately but that's alright. Comes and goes for me. :confused_2:

good man yourself
    wouldn't wanna go drinkin with these bleedin lightweights anyway :hello:

when you coming to dublin?! We gonna get so shitfaced :devious:

5. Great, OP can drink responsibly, k lets just stop talking about the dangers of alcohol now... Look at the stats, nobody gives a shit about your opinion on one or the other, the stats speak for themselves, alcohol is STILL not being used in a responsible way and thus people need to be educated, just because your capable of holding your drink doesnt mean other people are.

While were on the subject, impaired driving, with marijuana or alcohol is a subject that also isnt discussed enough on here.

6. I see people mention alcohol in a positive way constantly here. 

7. Wait, what?Pass that bottle :D

8. #48 Jamaican Hotbox, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    Dublin?

Naaa you gotta come down to the south! I'll get you shitfaced off some homemade moonshine! So strong its like drinking gasoline :yummy:

And if you don't like alcohol no need to bash me for enjoying it! It's the same as any of yall not wanting to be put down for enjoying some cannabis.

Just saying :smoke:

Same with my cancer sticks :laughing:

9. #49 -Martyr, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Yeah you guys, grow the fuck up. It's completely fine if you don't like something- you're entitled to your opinion. JUST DON'T HAVE THAT OPINION ON THIS SPECIFIC FORUM THAT HE FREQUENTS BECAUSE ALCOHOL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. You think you're all such hot shit with your knowledge of the inner workings of living organisms, and deep philosophical threads that are sparked by the creative effect of using cannabis, but you know what? You're all just scumbags. Knowledgeable, educated, creative, hilarious, sacks of shit. Fuck Grasscity.

10. what if i abuse alcohol and weed?  what does that make me?

11. #51 -Martyr, Feb 4, 2014
    Progressive. And probably most likely to succeed.

12. [quote name="-Martyr" post="19460128" timestamp="1391469064"]Yeah you guys, grow the fuck up. It's completely fine if you don't like something- you're entitled to your opinion. JUST DON'T HAVE THAT OPINION ON THIS SPECIFIC FORUM THAT HE FREQUENTS BECAUSE ALCOHOL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS. You think you're all such hot shit with your knowledge of the inner workings of living organisms, and deep philosophical threads that are sparked by the creative effect of using cannabis, but you know what? You're all just scumbags. Knowledgeable, educated, creative, hilarious, sacks of shit. Fuck Grasscity.[/quote]..... What???

13. alcohol seems to be a dividing issue on here. many of us love to drink. meanwhile a good amount of people preach against it. 

14. I like to call myself an overachiever. 

15. #55 -Martyr, Feb 4, 2014
    I was being facetious. Pretty much to simplify it for the OP I'm saying "shut the fuck up and go away mom, you're drunk." Do you honestly think any of us gives a shit about your half educated, half roid rage monologue on why we're the assholes for being predominantly in favor of weed on a goddamn cannabis forum? Have another shot bro because you sure as shit aren't making any points.

There's a strong "love it or hate it" mentality on it. Most of the smokers on here though that are against it seem to have a logical and educated reason. It's not like all of us started out as stoners, many of us were hardcore drinkers before picking up smoking pot because it's a societal "coming of age" norm for us. You can't give people shit because they traded the negatives of getting drunk for the benefits and nirvana of getting high. If you enjoy it and that's what gets you through the day, cool. But don't try to educate me on drinking responsibly. That's an oxy-fucking-moron. "Let me show you how to ingest this poison responsibly." And although I do drink from time to time- heavily when I do, I do so with the knowledge that it is absolutely fucking terrible for my body. Just like I acknowledge smoking a blunt is terrible for my lungs by comparison to what I should be doing- which is vaporizing.

16. [quote name="-Martyr" post="19460173" timestamp="1391469534"]I was being facetious. Pretty much to simplify it for the OP I'm saying "shut the fuck up and go away mom, you're drunk." Do you honestly think any of us gives a shit about your half educated, half roid rage monologue on why we're the assholes for being predominantly in favor of weed on a goddamn cannabis forum? Have another shot bro because you sure as shit aren't making any points..[/quote]Ah okay that makes much more sense now. Was too stoned and missed the satire. I was going to say your post did not sound like you at all hah. But yes I agree. This is GRASScity. It's fair to assume the drug of choice rhymes with mannabis.

If I had a dime for every time I heard that.....

18. i didnt give you shit for not drinking. i didnt try to educate you on drinking responsibly. but since youre so passionate about this, ill drop some knowledge on you. alcohol is healthy. and no, not in excess. if you drink one beer a day, or drink one glass of wine, there are numerous health benefits. theres no reason to bash someone for actions they take in the privacy of their home, if it doesnt affect you, let it be.

19. #59 -Martyr, Feb 4, 2014

I should have put it in better context. My original first bit was for you, the blatant "fuck you" toned bit is where you can tell that I'm now shifting to what the OP said.

As for alcohol being healthy, you don't need to be a doctor to know that drinking once in a while is actually good to keep your liver functioning properly. But how many people do you know that are young that are just going to have one beer, or one glass of wine? I'm 23, so I can tell you right now that idea of "responsible drinking" as in a beer or a glass of wine is fictitious at this age group lol. You really think people are sitting down and having one beer or glass and calling it quits? Obviously the notion of "responsible" is ambiguous. I'm pretty sure it means for most people that "if I'm not shitfaced, I'm okay."

20. [quote name="-Martyr" post="19460341" timestamp="1391471424"]I should have put it in better context. My original first bit was for you, the blatant "fuck you" toned bit is where you can tell that I'm now shifting to what the OP said.As for alcohol being healthy, you don't need to be a doctor to know that drinking once in a while is actually good to keep your liver functioning properly. But how many people do you know that are young that are just going to have one beer, or one glass of wine? I'm 23, so I can tell you right now that idea of "responsible drinking" as in a beer or a glass of wine is fictitious at this age group lol. You really think people are sitting down and having one beer or glass and calling it quits? Obviously the notion of "responsible" is ambiguous. I'm pretty sure it means for most people that "if I'm not shitfaced, I'm okay."[/quote]In the U.S.The binge culture of young people drinking excessively is quite American, from what I understand.