Grasscity...the anti-alcohol community.

Discussion in 'General' started by cesscapade, Feb 3, 2014.

1. #21 TheAnswer121, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation; and while some blades do like to get drunk on a regular basis, i think the consensus would be that nothing good comes from alcohol abuse. a lot of people, such as myself, have seen or experienced the negative side effects of alcohol overindulgence or just dont like it in general. we accept every blade for however they come we are just trying to look out for your well being ;)

jm$.02 of course

alcohol bad
    smoke weed :smoke: [​IMG]

2. Fuck you guys, enjoying a corona while i take a shit 1391440557669.jpg Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Lieing ass ^ you're not even on the toilet

4. #24 Bill O'Really, Feb 3, 2014
     I've not seen that OP. This community is very accepting of the use of both....but some people have had bad experiences with alcohol. And adamantly refuse to accept it as safe. And I agree. It is not SAFE..it is poison. I grew up with abusive alcoholics, I myself was a raging alcoholic for several years. Weed broke that cycle for me. Both have their uses, both are safe, and acceptable to me if used in moderation. But alcohol poses dangers to the body that weed does not. Even when used moderately.
     The people that hate alcohol are more than welcome to hate it IMO. I use both responsibly now. But given the choice? I would take the safer better alternative, and use alcohol far less, or not at all.

BTW...Read my siggy..\\/ \\/ \\/

I liked your post on accident because I was high.

Just wanted to let you know :smoking:

6.  I can appreciate alcohol and other substances. I find the changes of perception interesting and the different effects on the body.

I liked your post because it was honest and funny!

8. #28 walterbishop, Feb 3, 2014
    I think many of the people here are just flat out young, and their experience with alcohol is usually confined to high school/college age binge drinking.

They just haven't reached a point of moderate consumption, where you drink for appreciation of flavor and the ritual involved.

Consuming alcohol does not mean getting drunk.

9. #29 invinciblejets, Feb 3, 2014
    The way you worded this you seem to be implying that it is ironic that people who smoke cannabis hate alcohol....because cannabis is worse than alcohol????? If that's what you think I feel very very bad for you

To me alcohol is no better than heroin, crack and meth just as addictive and dangerous, alcohol is just dressed up with modern propaganda techniques and diluted alcohol levels.

Not  say it can't be used responsibly by some...but as for majority of population...no, we can't. it's sad that's it's legal to drink your self half to death but can't smoke a perfectly healthy joint.....

What the real problem is with alcohol is the reason society feels the need to self medicate with such a dangerous and stupidly intoxicating poison, absolutely makes no sense to me.

10. I'm not a drinker at all, I like being buzzed but not drunk.Also alcohol is considerably worse than weed is, just saying

11. nothing better than a cold beer after a hard summer day sweating your ass off...you kids will find that out one day

12. #32 walterbishop, Feb 3, 2014

I disagree, many studies show drinking a beer or two a day is good for you.

You, like many seem to think that alcohol automatically means binge drinking.

Do you always get stoned when you smoke? Have you ever taken a single toke to get rid of nausea? Or help you sleep? Or do you always smoke to the point of being utterly wasted?

I'm a 195 lb man. Having a single beer with my diner does not buzz me, or get me drunk. Nor do I usually drink more.

13. Honestly, I always feel good when I drink a glass of wine after dinner, my stomach feels mellow.

This is how I feel, too.

People who drink responsibly, one or two drinks a day, don't typically make posts about it on a stoner forum, because it's not a bragging point. It's a moderate enjoyment.
    It's the, "Oh my god, I'm so fucking drunk, I just drank 17 shots," threads and post that I find obnoxious as fuck.

15. [quote name="Yoda" post="19457655" timestamp="1391434201"]You need to read up on the dangers of alcohol compared to weed...And so you know we don't look down on alcohol here, But to say its no different is full of wrong...[/quote]He said ABUSE is no different.¡GREAT SUCCESS!

16. In my opinion a beer or two or a glass of wine is cool. Or once In a while getting drunk with some friends. Otherwise, if your an addict there is no good. If you can control yourself in moderation, then no harm done.Personally I don't enjoy alcohol.Sent from my iPad Air

17. Op, its because the majority of the posters on this forum are children. Thats why.

18. Alcohol does suck. I like a glass of red wine with a steak or a glass of white with a nice seafood pasta... maybe a beer with wings. But as a primary mode of intoxication its for the birds...

19. I'm drunk as fuck reading this and all I can think "feckin americans"
    :laughing:

first tobacco
    then booze
    bleedin lightweights

to be fair, most of yous are the one's who come here on yizzer holidays, have one Guinness and get completely hammered haha

20. #40 vape2health, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    I kind of have to laugh. It it 100% relevant to compare alcohol to marijuana. Because it is so pervasive and caustic and because it is legal....society constantly compares that which is and isn't. I have a fair bit of experience watching exactly what alcohol does to people and I've seen drastic deterioration that was about as sad a situation as you would want to see. Yeah, I personally consider alcohol to be one of the worst substances available to humankind.