Grasscity Rednecks ?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by BubbaFresh, Apr 23, 2012.

1. I am one, and I'm proud of it. Just wondering if anyone else in the city considers themselves a redneck ?

2. The most redneck I get are Skeet Shoots.
    But that's fun.

3. I dont think im a red neck but my friends try to call me a redneck.

4. i was turning into one when i lived in arkansas. hard not to in a state like that though.

5. I'm 50/50.

Redneck/skater.

Yes, mind blown, I know.

6. not one at all, but have always been interested in farming, trucks, drinking beer and chilling in fields/nature.

have i been deceived?

7. City boy, but drive a truck haha.

But I keep it as nice as I can and it's not painted camo and no rebel flag on the front. I guess that's about as redneck as I can be.

I did shoot a squirrel once, though. And ran over a chipmunk in a golfcart, but that was by accident :O

8. I'm a little bit country I suppose, but not extremely. I definitely don't look it, but I have a lot of common interests. I love shooting (bought my first rifle late last year), beer, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the out doors and I honestly think that a good mullet is a something to behold, but we don't really have rednecks in Australia.
    We have bogans but they're disgusting creatures. No where near as magnificent as the fabled redneck.

9. Tell more about these "bogans"

10. I come from redneck central.. I'd be a complete city slick if they hadn't rubbed off me. But now I can't do without The woods, trucks, muddin, shooting targets, shooting animals, beer, you'd be surprised at the simple joys in life being a redneck would teach you... Or the ghetto ingenuity it instills in you

11. They have creepy mullets, a few missing teeth, they wear really old 90s tracksuits and/or ill-fitting jeans, they have crappy tattoos that their mates did for them in their backyard, their wives are either skinny crack-whores or really fat, they usually go for shitty football teams (*cough Port Adelaide cough*), they're massive racists, they listen to AC/DC, Cold Chisel and not much else and they smell absolutely fucking putrid. I saw one having a wank in a park near my house once.

Those are all generalisations though, there are a few bogans who are okay...probably.

12. Bogans=trailer trash.

We have a fair amount of them around too.. Fuckin tweakers

13. I thought rednecks were limited to the US.

14. I'm from Texas, redneck Capitol of the world and I thank the white baby Jesus I am not a redneck. Around northerners you'd think I was a redneck, but if you saw a true redneck you'd think the Guy was out of his fucking mind.

15. So ya in the U.K there's no such thing as a redneck although we do have chavs, sorta similar in a way... I guess...

16. now there are chavs?
    is that the same thing as a bogan?

You guys got some fun words by the way :laughing:

17. From what I understand, chavs are wannabe gangsters, not rednecks

18. Aren't red necks from the southern states? Is redneck the same thing as a hillbilly ...like moonshine and all that chet

19. [quote name='"yeskasmoketoke"']Aren't red necks from the southern states? Is redneck the same thing as a hillbilly ...like moonshine and all that chet[/quote]

Yes, true rednecks are from the south. Hillbillies are a whole other story same as mountain people but it seems a lot of people confuse them.

20. hell yea redneck and proud i grew up working on farms and ranches i live in the city now because im going to college but i fucking hate it. not enough room and all of the stuck up people here piss me off. and its harder to smoke outside here too its raining right now and i want nothing more then to go outside and hit my bong but i cant, i cant wait for school to be over so i can