Grasscity Poll - Did your gorilla crop make it to harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mjmama25, Jun 9, 2011.

1. How many gorilla crops have you grown?
    How many of them made it to harvest?
    How many were lost to LEO, deer, or other factors?

2. I'm not really expecting much from my first gorilla grow. I'm guessing people, heat, or deer will get to the plants before harvest. But I'm giving it a go anyway with some extra seeds I have. I started them to about 8 inches tall before transplanting into the mountains. I'm curious about other peoples success rates with this.

3. #3 larossa420, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    It has alot to do with the hole you dig, the fertalizer you leave them with, how offten you check on em, your irrigation/how much it rains (two times a week is about right) and the strains strength and resistance to the elements. If you have a creek or stream near buy, up to a mile or more away you can run a small siphon line to your plants, as long as you are downhill and nothing clogs the line this will provide water in a dry spell and I would say you should return once to check the dripline and re-feed the babies atleast once before harvest. I always wear a face mask to visit my gorilla in case of tree motion cams. Hope this helps and good growin!

4. Im doin my first one too. Only one plant 17 days since it broke ground. Hope She makes it to harvest.

5. Good luck! I planted next to a little creek, but the creek already dried up, so I'm thinking about going out farther into the mountains next to a little river I used to go fishing at when I was a kid. Much less likely to be found there, and there will be a water supply all summer. I took my husband to my first grow site yesterday and he came home covered in ticks and doesn't want to go back, lol. Between the tick infestation and lack of water, I'm thinking about dropping this site. I just don't know if I have it in me to abandon MJ plants. It's like leaving my kids, lol.

6. I always find at least two ticks on me when i get home from my spot. My spot is next to a little stream last time i went it wasnt flowing but now its raining and supposed to for the next three days so it should fill back up. Hopefully the rain doesnt kill my plant.

7. How big is your plant? I bet it will be fine. Plants are made to like rain. That's how they get their water in nature. My theory is, if my plant is such a pussy that rain kills it, then it wasn't a strong plant to begin with. Mine have been through hail storms and are fine so far. Their not thrilled now that it went from freezing cold to hot all at once but they're acclimating.

8. Completed 1st grow this year, got an oz off of 2 autos.

9. Few years now. This year started out with over 100 plants. Maybe 20 males. That left possible 80. One grow sight of 16 was 'discovered' and I believe pulled by 'the man'. Another 25% were dined on by bambis relatives, who I may add are also delicious. Overall... an average year. Weather was great. Final product is still being taken and dried

10. Grown at least 6 outdoor crops , I've lost plants to rabbits , theifs and bad weather ...
    But the longer you keep at it , the more success you have each year .
    You learn new things every time and the end product keeps you happy no matter how muc you get :)

But yeah to increase ur chances you need good fences , good soils and manures , a good sunny area , keep an eye out for bugs & mold & theifs ..
    Good luck man ! Just started my grow down here in Australia I have a good feeling this year :)

11. Thisis my 4th season crop and lost over half of it to ripper those year.

Inspires me to do better , won't ever stop till I'm dead

12. Good question mjmama. Been doing this for some time and every spring I always question myself on how many plants I should gorilla grow for the year. This year I tried 2 new varieties and put out 24 plants in various locations. Recently I harvested and dried 9 plants from that total. The majority of my plants (approx 10) succumbed to herbicide residue that came off the farmer's field during a rainstorm. This happens all too often and I really can't predict what areas will take a hit from the farmers poor tilling or fert/pest applications. 4 plants were males that I pulled and discarded. 1 plant was in a poor location and never did much. These results are par for the course for me. I'm satisfied with the amount (more than enough for my pleasure), I grew 2 varieties that were challenging, and the results of my labor turned 9 plants into some of the best smelling and tasting smoke I have ever tried.