Grasscity Joins High Tide for $6.73 Million

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Vee, Jan 13, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

High Tide to Acquire Grasscity – the World’s Most Popular Online Retailer of Smoking Accessories – and the Grasscity Forums
    CALGARY, Dec. 12, 2018 /CNW/ – High Tide Inc. (“High Tide” or the “Company”) today announced that it, through a newly-formed Dutch subsidiary named High Tide Inc. B.V., has entered into a definitive share purchase agreement and other related agreements (the “Agreements”) to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of two entities, SJV B.V. and SJV2 B.V. (collectively, “Grasscity”), that together operate under the name “Grasscity” (the “Transaction”). As per the terms of the Agreements, and excluding any loan repayment amounts, a total purchase price of approximately $6,730,000 will be paid to Grasscity shareholders, of which 8,410,470 special warrants were issued at a deemed price of $0.50 per special warrant and automatically convert to common shares of High Tide at no additional cost to the vendors upon Closing of the Transaction. The Transaction has been unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies and is expected to close by the end of the year.

Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Grasscity.com is the world’s #1 online store for smoking accessories and cannabis lifestyle products and the most searchable smoking accessories retailer, with approximately 5.8 million site visits annually. The site has in excess of 550,000 customers in its database, generates over 90% of its revenues from customers located in the United States and fulfills approximately 65,000 orders per year. Grasscity has approximately 1.1 million recipients in its e-mail database, with over 375,000 current subscribers including approximately 80,000 dedicated readers of its weekly newsletter. The online store has more than 34,000 certified customer reviews and there are approximately 260,000 total followers of Grasscity on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. The Grasscity Forums have over 34 million unique users that generate 75 million annual page views. Its database contains over 640,000 members who are cannabis enthusiasts that interact passionately about the topic.

Dutch Online Cannabis Accessory Retailer and Forum Grasscity Joins...

Oh so is in Holland

• Like Like x 2
  2. bye bye GC?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. bye bye goes the Mods new BMW ....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. How do I delete my account

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. I believe this is a big positive for the forums...time will tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I sure hope it won't change things because compared to a lot of cannabis forums, this one is pretty active. Good on them for working so hard to get to an acquisition though.

7. So the cops are gonna bust down my door now? Do they just use this app to bust people?
    I can’t make sense of this article.

8. [​IMG]
    The BMW: G20 is currently under development, so don’t expect to see it without camouflage any time soon.
    Expect it as a 2019 model, with the possibility of it debuting in late 2018.

9. This is true who would have thought the 'shop' here at GC be worth $500.000 pa

thats a lot of Rizlas and bongs shooting out the door

back in the day you became a 'Gold Member' had you donated or spent at the shop

so any perks for them hard donating 'Gold Members' ?

I never understood how 99% of the membership is from "merica?

10. This isnt an American site? I feel robbed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Are any of them American? Might be the right time to start one.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

12. I was more referencing how there are plenty of american posters how have the attitude that this is "their" forum some how. Not all, or even most , just many.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LOL, the mod jobs are voluntary, no monies.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeh but what about all the adulation from all the female blades? Can't put a value on perks like that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Theirs a joke in here someplace ....lol

We made $7.Mil and you ain't getting poop

thank you for your service ....lol

Now if you Mods would lean a little left ...more :

thats it and see the site as a CO=Op (not commune)

all members and their operators would be entitled to a cut of that shiny $7.0 mil

Cooperative - Wikipedia

16. Kinda the reason why I dont donate or help any charity that has highly paid executives. "help us for free so we can pay ourselves 100k a year before any more goes to x/y/z".

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Bit melodramatic, it's not as like the new owners are going to give @jmick a knuckle duster and @Lizard King a feather duster then make them fight to the death with the winner claiming a dinner date with @RMJL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1