Grasscity is a big populatiry contest.

Discussion in 'General' started by CasualChronic, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I was thinking the same thing lol

2. my e penis is shriveled up and pathetic.. its like highschool all over again:(

3. The measure of one's e-penis is actually inversely related to their real-life popularity. :p

4. The more rep I have, the better I feel.

Not really, but what is rep for and how does it benefit you? I'm not sure, I wish they would send a zip for having good rep. Also, good rep also means you might of helped someone out with good advice or whatnot. People who have red bars for rep, usually are assholes.

5. some people probably use it as a popularity contest. i dont doubt that.
    but most of us are on here for the purpose; learn shit, share stories, discuss different stonerish topics etc.

6. Yeah, most of the rep I got was from saying something funny or something helpful.

7. Everyone says it's wrong, but you can't say that it's really 100% wrong.

If you're popular here, you know that your post get checked out more because of your length of time here and what not.

8. #68 PhoenixPharmer, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    The majority of members with alot of 'rep' don't care, it just means someone liked what you said.

And the people out 'rep-hunting' don't usually get much.

9. who's popular? different people in different parts of the forum are going to be seen in higher regards than others -- really depends what areas you tend to explore on gc.

10. this site is dope because if there is anythinng you need to know sombody here knows it :D

thats it for me some cool people here...... this whole internet rep bullshit I dont understand it.... ill leave em to it.

11. Seriously

As you can see next to me screen name, I have full rep bars and for all the people who enjoy my posts there are just as many people who absolutely hate me. People take rep way too seriously on this board. It's just a way of one blade being able to show how much they appreciate another blade's post... nothing more nothing less.

There are just as many fuck ups and morons with full rep bars as there are actual intelligent posters on these boards.

12. hehe..i know, i was goin for the irony... atleast someone caught on:cool:

13. I love marijuana. This community loves marijuana. We all meet up at a place and discuss the things we love. Simple as that, really. I don't give two shits about rep. "Oh, this guy doesn't have a good reputation, I'm not replying in his thread!" No, fuck that. Obviously, better rep is good, but mainly because it usually represents a wide amount of good posts from an intelligent member, as apposed to endless amounts of mindless spam. Nevertheless, I make assumptions of people based on the knowledge I gain on them through personal posting conversation.

14. I have a full rep bar, I beat the game guys!!

I think im gonna start over as a different class this time

15. fixed*

Stop getting so emotional, goddamn.

16. If you really, really care about your reputation bar then you only make positive comments and go trolling for +rep. If you don't care that much you can use it however you want.

For example, I see something I don't agree with, I neg rep. I fully expect others to do so to me. Does it matter? Nope.

HOWEVER, Reputation CAN be used to do all sorts of stuff in a VBB - you can create secret forums only accessible to people who have high rep, you can lock out functions for people who have low rep.

But come on, it's just a function of the message board software. Who really cares?

17. You can bounce off Bliss junkies e-clit, because you aren't getting anything.

Go back and read my damn post. Where was I emotional?
    All I wanted was peoples opinions on the issue.

18. i wish i could turn rep into prize money or free weed, then i'd care about it.

19. i don't have much of an opinion.

If other ppl feel that way then fine.

But i came here to learn new things and teach what i know. I don't say anything to make anyone happy or mad, i just say what i feel/mean. I don't care if i'm popular, i don't care if you aggree or disagree with me.

Thats one of the reasons i like this place because i can say what i want and not care what you guys think.

your thinking too hard into it homie

20. I'm here to share knowledge, fight misinformation, and because I cannot share any of my grows with people IRL for obvious security reasons. I could care less what people think of me either way.

There are a few attention hounds probably. Any forum has them. The vast majority of blades, however, are good people and are here to share a common love and interest in cannabis.