Grasscity has the most Banned members....

Discussion in 'General' started by BulletWound, Dec 5, 2008.

1. #1 BulletWound, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
    *banned for being previoulsy banned member and registering under new name.

2. we ban a lot of ppl that say there underage. and we ban anyone that causes problems. we try to keep this a peacefull place.

3. #3 sky dog, Dec 5, 2008
    Because this is a website for a legitimate head shop operating out of The Netherlands, if they have little kids crawling all over then that creates a problem for the owner. There are simple rules that most people would be willing to follow, but some people just can't.

I would say most people get banned for being underaged, disrespectful, trying to find hookups, and probably spamming. What's so hard about getting behind those rules? We manage to have some pretty good conversations without breaking these rules. I've seen other more loosely-moderated forums and I'm glad that this one is as civil as it is.

4. i love you sky dog

-BW

5. ^^he speaks the truth. listen to him.

6. grasscity has it's rules...... they are posted and sticky'ed...

ive seen a lot of members go down,,,,, and some i was like damn ,,,good conversation they brought to the forum.....

...i dont know if youve heard of '' MR.POSTMAN '' his articles are in a couple pot mags. and online forums,,,, a top notch grower,,,,,,

he was a member here at one time,,, but he crossed the line,,,, and was banned,,,

..ive seen members ben here since 01, but they crossed the line,,,,,,

there cant be no '' favoritism'' you follow the rules and you should have nothing to worry about,,,,,,

no -one gets banned for the fun of it..... look at some of these guy's '' last post's '' and you'll see why some of why they got banned.....

you cant cross the line,,,,,,i's like ripping a paper,,,,, when that was the last one,,,,,

you just dont do it,:cool:

7. Yeah I understand, but I am talking about just straight up banning people, no warnings?

8. Why give someone a warning who signed up 4 minutes ago to tell us that he has "SWEET DEALZ ON NIKE SHOX AND PRADA SUNGLASSES!!!!"?
    Do you think their next post will be any more informative or in any way contribute to the well being of this incredible forum?

9. You don't go to a lot of forums then if this has the most banned members.

I admined another marijuana forum for medical patients, we banned just as many if not MORE people because for some reason medical marijuana brings out the worst in people. Besides that we were highly dispensary oriented, and the clubs will bash the shit out of one another if not checked. Not only that but they'll create second, third, fourth, accounts just to shill their clubs.

At another forum I admined for, which had NOTHING to do with MJ, but was for trading card games, the banned list is well over 5,000 users, of which I personally banned at least half of them since I was the main admin.

Don't sweat it, getting banned from a message board is NOTHING. If you're smart enough you can evade any ban, including an IP ban. It ain't rocket science, it's the intraweb tunnels.

10. #10 Diceman, Dec 5, 2008
    Not everything deserves a warning

A mistake deserves a warning..its a heads up

Doing straight up stupid shit that would obviously not be tolerated doesnt deserve a warning.

We dont follow the mandatory 3 strikes and your out rule

1 really bad strike and the mods use their common sense and ban right away.

Alot of us get close to the line though and need to be pushed back...im sure all of us have gotten those 'infractions'. Those were simple mistakes that needed to be corrected. People get banned for intentionally breaking the rules and obviously not giving a shit

example

talkin shit with another member. usually just a simple warning and no more talkin shit

scamming multiple members outta money...banned right away

11. Why give people warnings? The rules are in place, it's incumbent on a good user to read and follow those. If they don't then they deserve the consequences. Not reading the rules upon signing up to a new message board is tantamount to contempt for the same, if that's the case, why bother?

Sorry for the double post.

12. I've seen a lot of accounts get banned that were brand new accounts created by heated members that just got banned. They would go right back to the same heated argument and would get busted right away.

13. Over on the OLP forums people get banned even for suspicion of being underage, not even saying it. And it's all perma-bans. No probation period ban for a week.

Personally I don't think the banning on this forum is as outrageous as the thread title makes it to be. The folks who get banned get banned for good reasons, and most of the time (especially if your a respected long time member) you'll get many warnings, or a temporary ban for a week to a month.

Out of all the forums I've been to this is the absolute best. Theres no retarded e-beef or shit talking or anything that is just unpleasant, it's all friendly civilized people who post here, and the users who arent.... arent users for long.

I love you GC, will you marry me?

edit: Woo hoo I didn't even notice I've reached (and passed) the 100 post count

14. Thank you for your contribution to this thread, but you are entirely off subject. :rolleyes:

15. I love him, too. That was the best possible answer.

16. I don't think he is to be honest, that's what a majority of bans are usually for, spam and advertising.

It's really tough to be a forum moderator, typically you're doing the work for free, you get shit upon by disgruntled members who second guess your every move, and you have higher-ups who may or may not back you up in a problem situation.

Cut them some slack, it's their playground, we just play here.

17. Fine...but can I get my Tonka truck back now?

18. Thankfully, that's not the case here. Our admins back every decision we make.
    We are really a close-knit team here. :love: :gc_rocks:

19. Absolutely, I'll get mine out and we can build castles! Then I can bring my 2-year old and she'll stomp all over them! Playgrounds rock!

That's good to hear. There's NOTHING worse than when you're a mod, you make a call and then have your admins reverse it on you. I dealt with that stuff for years. It got especially bad when the two owners were fighting about the direction of the site, and one would say one thing, and the other would say something completely different and we were stuck in the middle.

Keep up the good work.

20. I am an Administrator on a very large forum, by the way. I can't give out which forum this may be, due to it being a large business heh, and if they found out I surfed a site like this it may cost me my job. But, no I was not talking about spamming and advertising, I was speaking about the actual members getting banned.