Grasscity Forum APP Notifications

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Lizard King, Aug 12, 2019.

?

Shall we keep iOS and Android app's with no Push Notifications ?

1. Keep Them

44.8%
  2. Ditch it

37.5%
  3. I am stoned , who cares :)

17.7%
  1. Hello Blades ,

Unfortunately due to Google and Apple's guidelines , we had to disable the Push Notifications within Grasscity Forum iOS and Android apps.

From my stand point the app is useless without the notifications so i am considering stopping it.

But i would like to check with the community on what they think.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I used to use it all the time but its seemed to be broken for the last 2 years, on android at least. I never got notifications and posting would fail sometimes. Make a new app :smoking:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Never used it, but if a good portion of the users do, I'd vote to keep it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I honestly believe the age of Mobile App's are ending soon. All stats highlight that App installations on mobile phones are reducing each other day and the app's that are installed are often not used by end users after 2-3 days.

We are planning to implement a PWA ( Progressive Web App ) within 2020 which is designed to work even offline ( better then any possible app )

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I mainly just use the full website versions of everything on my desktop/laptop. Why am I gonna use a watered-down mobile site disguised as an "app"?

With that being said, the trend is moving to mobile. I know people that don't even own a laptop, they just use tablets with bluetooth keyboards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. That is definitely true , mobile users are around 80% of the website overall. However interestingly , users don't show much care on Apps. I also prefer using full responsive design. Way easier to handle :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. I tried the app but couldn’t see the full website so I use safari on my iPhone

• Like Like x 5
  8. That is what i strongly suggest to all users. Our responsive design is 10 better then the app in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I use the app. Because I'm lazy and use to it. I like only having to choose like. I use a lot of apps though lol so I guess I'm the odd one here

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fully understandable , that is why i created this poll. To make a better decision according to our users preferences.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well what what can't deal with is the circle of death! I got off of Tapatalk because of that

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Is this the same thing that pops ups when you use GC on an internet browser that asks you if for permission to give notifications? If so I hate that shit :laughing: I had to disable it because the icon annoyed me :confused_2::laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have never used pushed notifications the few years I’ve used this site. I also don’t use the app, tried it and Prefer it on Safari.

14. I absolutely hate using apps due to they are always broken and lack functions that the desk top sites have. I always use my phone and just save the desk top internet version link to my home page.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I actually disabled push because I dont like alerts on my lock screen. But I still use the app all the time.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I tried to use the iOS app for a bit and notifications hardly worked to begin with...... so I figure you might as well keep em :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I use the app almost every day. I never used push notifications tho. I don't post on a ton of threads so it is easy for me to just use the app to look at threads I've participated in.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Never used the app

• Like Like x 1
  19. Notifications never work on the Android app for me anyway but it is what I use for GC almost exclusively. If the app goes away I probably won't be on much if ever.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hopefully, the "There's an App for That!" era is almost over. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1