grasscity chat??

Discussion in 'General' started by phunkyphil, Feb 5, 2003.

1. im on trillian..couldnt figure that shit out

i too had the great idea...so, instead, i just added people to my aim list.

2. if u dont got IRC, go download it at

www.mirc.com

its easy to setup, if ya need any help just ask me.

3. I' m there..and stoned :)

4. Hi all!

I've looked over the site, but haven't seen any chatrooms associated with this bbs.

Since the posters on this board are definitely the most helpful and genuine I've come across so far (some of those other on-line boards are really whacked!), was thinking a chatroom here would be entertaining.

Is there one that I've missed?

Thanks, buds!! (heh)

5. I think me and Stylez (another poster on here and my best friend in real life) are gonna try to get a channel for us on net gamers, its an IRC network. I THINK its irc.netgamers.com or somethin for the network name on IRC. But im looking into getting a whole network for grasscity soon... which would most likely result in a big differnce in the number of users on here and hopefully grass city is ok with it. So just keep a look out for it posted on here.

6. That would be fantastic, Smokie!

Thanks so much for the info! I'll definitely keep an eye out for it....

(btw, your 'Ozzy' quote in your sig is priceless...I'm going to keep that one written somewhere!! hehehe)

7. the grasscity chat is at..

irc.netgamers.org

#grasscity

8. I have IRC Lite, and am trying to figure out how to hook up with a specific IRC chat room (the one you mentioned above).

Anyone have any helpful specs??

Thanks!!

9. what about austnet? would it work the same....?

10. That chat is not connected to this site. That is a chat that a member made.

BH

11. There is no chat room associated with this site.

There will be no chat room associated with this site.

The owner of this site would appreciate you people asking permission before you decide to start a chat room with Grass city in the name.

Using this sites name with out permission would be a great mistake.. Legally!

12. OK...here's the deal.

Grasscity does NOT have a chat room and there are absolutely NO plans for one.

The use of Grasscity's name without specific permission from the owner of this site is highly discouraged!

*RMJL

13. There were several different threads concerning a Grasscity chat room. They were all merged into one thread. I think it's clear how Grasscity stands on the issue of a chat room.

Chat all you want but don't use the City's name to do so.

14. I understand where ur comin from... but what does it harm?
    All we awnt to do is talk with each other, its just a group of ppl trying to have fun, no idea why you would want to make a legal problem about it, I dont mean to sound ignorant but you dont have to do any work for it, Ill do all the work, its not official its just for the fans of the site, if you want me to shut it down I will, but i'll think alot lessly of the friendlyness of the grasscity mods.

anyway, peace out

15. *I just edited what I had originally posted here. Everything that needs to be said has been.

16. ^^^^^ enough said^^^^^

17. not positive how IRC lite works, d/l mirc at www.mirc.com and I can help you

18. Ok. I been floatin back and forth by this thread for awhile and even though Bud said "enuff said" I'm gonna chime in again!

It lies with SJ alone whether or not you use the Grasscity name. E'nuff said about that.

But if you stop and think about it, there are a lot of new folks showing up everyday, and say, for example, they go to the chat. And some kind of controversy erupts, (ya know it's gonna happen!) and someone get's booted, and then comes crying to us. Then it happens again, and again, and pretty soon you get tired of messing with shit you have no control over. Just one example. I could bring up many more.

I ain't just bitching here. I gotta a suggestion y'all could use if ya want.

Once upon a time, some of us decided to call ourselves Blades, (as in blades of grass in the city) Maybe you could use the Blades angle in identifiyng yourselves, still be loosely associated with the City and none of the hassles.

Just a thought.

At any rate, don't think less of us for doing our jobs.

Thanx for your time.

19. the irc channel #grasscity now officially has nothing to do with this forum.. the name is purely coincedental.

but, uhh..

come and check it out anyway guys ;)

namron- i saw you drop by and leave.. i mustve been busy with my dxm extraction or something :(

20. im still not quite sure where i stand on this...