Grasscity Blocked my Purchase and Emailed Me Asking for Personal Info? (With Emails)

Discussion in 'General' started by thsndfsnd3, Mar 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 thsndfsnd3, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2023
    As shown they're asking me to provide info established on the receipt- I didn't mark this as a gift nor did I specify who it would be for. Why would that information be necessary?
    There is only one address for shipping, billing etc - there is no way there is a discrepancy there. Again why would this be asked?

2. My bank says they have no clue what they're talking about at any point in the email. I tried to give *Them* money not apply for a loan...?

3. I didn't take this up with support(again) because support is making no sense. That is who sent the email (as shown.)
    They locked my last thread and a mod said they don't do this and to take it up with support.

Here is a picture of them doing that and 'them' being support...so yeah now I just wanna know was this legit, does grasscity have a phishing problem or just the single most bizarre purchase practices ever?

4. @RMJL

Edit: RMJL might be able to get an answer.

5. As the other mod said, the forum here is separate from the GC shop. You'll have to take it up with support from there. I don't think the mods here are going to be able to help you with what you need.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. XD Another site it is- I'm not going to the same people I'm accusing of phishing for info; to get info about whether they're phishers lmao.
    I've already had two people say they do not do this(one being a supermod who locked the thread) and this was the result of my attempted purchase. Something that supposedly is not done. Huge red flag.
    Thank you both for the replies.

8. I highly doubt anything shady is going on. Lots of people around here have bought stuff from the grasscity shop with no problems.

If you really think something is wrong though just have your bank cancel the transaction completely.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've sent a message to the manager of the Shop in regard to this.

However, after looking at the message, it appears to be from the Grasscity Shop.

I'll update this thread when I have more info. Please do NOT create another thread on this topic.

For anyone else, if you have questions about an order, you must go through Support for the Grasscity Shop.

Grasscity FAQ

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ok, so yes, the message was legitimate. Kim confirmed that for me.

Bolt is who they use for fraud protection and if Bolt flags an order then steps have to be taken in order to manually push the order through, If you choose to not go through those steps, then the order is cancelled.

Also, I deleted the message as it did have the OP's email address listed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.