Grasscity App News Feed boring for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by astrohammer, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Just feel like I barely ever see anything new or interesting. Interesting is subjective yes, but even the same shit I see in the feed is barely interesting. A guys 40th grow, bore. First timer grow with 30watts, geeze. Religion/Intelligence debates and a sea of troll threads/posts, my gahd.
    Am I missing something, could i some how enhance or specify my newsfeed? I love the app, but man I'm just desperate to see some cool/informative shit. Subjective again ik, but rly is it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. just maybe GC ain't your thing..?

you been here 3 years and with such a low likes

it seems barely worth it

facebk your thing ? lol

Subjective Yes as always, but rly is it ur ting.

3. Wasn't around for 75% of that 3 years. Only done two grows.
    Ur prob right, not my thing.

4. Just expected to see more informative-centric posts on growing bud in the feed. Something interesting, some data, some graphs, debated comparisons, studies, idk I guess I'm crazy

5. Why not go into the forum sub-sections?
    If you are just scanning the feeds you will miss a ton.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yea you're totally right. That's what I do, but man I would love it in my feed. I understand the feed is what's happening most recently, I'm only assuming from some experience, but it would be really cool to specify what I want my news feed to look for. Idk maybe some ideas for future updates :D?
    I didnt want this post to be rude or down talking grasscity, its criticism. Also thanks for moving the post, not too sure sometimes where to put things.

7. What's a Grasscity news feed? It doesn't sound like I'm missing much by not knowing

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. #8 old shol4evr, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    delete

9. When you're on the app you can look through recent posts in a scroll type fashion similar to how posts on FB are setup. You can search through all, unread, following, and participated threads....Like so Screenshot_2020-04-22-11-35-11.jpg

Sent from my LG-K371 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. #10 old shol4evr, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    delete

11. Thanks. I don't do the app either but I do get a list of new posts in Outlook but it doesn't show content, it's just a notification list of new posts. Once we got something like what the app shows but they took the content out of the notifications somewhere along the line.

12. Nah it's the little sections underneath the main forums...like how growing has indoor and beginners and organic sections that's all they were talking about, unless I'm missing something (pretty high) lol
    Huh....

Sent from my LG-K371 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Why don't you subscribe to the topics you're interested in. Then your feed will be geared towards the topics you like. Boom, just like that, your customized feed!

There's a ton of different sections and a shit ton of posts that are fascinating to skim through.

I just joined and it's keeping me up at night as I keep coming across interesting stuff and can't stop reading.

Your life is how you make it. Do the same with forums. Keep the interesting things and filter the rest.

14. #14 astrohammer, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Already have done all suggestions. Didnt know my news feed changes with my subs. It doesn't seem like it. I'll try that though.

I can subscribe to topics instead of threads?? Interesting...

I've already read a lot, searched for things to read about, and now would like it to find me via feed.

And yes I'm talking about the phone (android) gc app if it wasn't clear for others. It's fun, but now seems to just show me the same things and things I'm not interested in at all like train of thought, horny threads, religion, how do you feel bs, like I'm on grasscity, idc about anything else but plants, growing them, and maybe socializing over growing.

Point was to maybe find out how I can customize it.
    If I can sub topics though, and have that influence my feed, that would be awesome. Ty godess

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've subbed a bunch of shit, half of them abandoned which seems to happen so often..then the other half are my GC fuel.
    Still doesn't address my feed. I care more about finding threads that are info-centric rather than about personal grows. Cause personal grows I can just find in the feed most of the time. But guides, techniques, comparisons, science of any process of growing bud I rarely, if ever find it in the feed.

16. Yo godess, thanks again, thread done. Had an affect on the feed *opens soda
    I'm good

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glad to hear that!! Cheers! Enjoy :)