grass for lawn/looking for the edge

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Laucass83, May 6, 2019.

1. Ok spring is set here and its that time of the year.. all winter long city equipment dropped icing salts, small rocks and just rolled over my grass close near the sidewalk. Now as a good citizens I have to fix it making it nice make wife and neighbours happy!
    No joke.. I want help please. I want to have the best looking grass. If I can grow 5ft plant in a tent my grass should be like a golf green!! I have grass seeds, nutes for lawn, fresh soil amended with manure and a few devices for watering like a 50ft soaker hose.
    what would be your recommendations? Im ready to get dirty and spend a few bucks!
    Thanks

2. Just like the guys in the normal forum

Get the right seeds maybe add some Rye grass for those hard working areas

some quality soil and bird scare is good too

good luck

3. How much and what type of grass do you have currently? Are you looking to improve what's already existing? Start over fresh? What type of grass seed are you planting? Do you have a shaded lawn or does it see more sun? What hardiness zone are you in? How much free time do you have?

There's a lot that goes into creating a good lawn, and it's something that takes years of occasional, but consistent work to accomplish. I speak as someone who tore up their yard, amended, and started from scratch about 4 weeks ago. What do you have planned currently? I'd love to give some advice but I, and anyone else, will need a little more info to help you get the ball rolling!

4. Good grass seed depends on where you are located as there are cold and warm climate grasses. Here in canada we use Kentucky blue grass, fescue and rye grass. I like a nice thick green lawn as well! 20190518_114319.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Diamond cut. Always has been my favorite. Looking good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. We just used Nitrogen. We are hitting 101 degrees today and our lawn looks great. Bermuda grass... nothing kills the stuff and it doesn't get tall fast. We have the greenest lawn ever!