Graphic Design Contest

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by sky dog, Sep 3, 2008.

1. So today's the day.
    Or is it?
    :p

2. How many licks does it take? haha

3. 38 days non-stop
    :p

4. It's all ready but since I gave a time of noon today, I'm going to wait closer until that time to post the voting thread.

This thread
    is going to remain open for any comments regarding the voting thread. The voting thread has to remain open in order for members to be able to vote. However, I do not want any comments to be posted in the voting thread because the comments could influence voters.

As stated earlier, we ended up with about 125 entries to go through. We had to get it down to 20. In the process of getting to the top 20, the top designs were chosen first. Then, due to SJ only wanting one prize per member (which is fair and makes sense), we had to separate the designs by user name and then choose the top entry from each user since so many users entered more than one design. That left the contest open to more members. So, we have 20 artists with 20 designs. The artist's name is not included with the design in the voting thread so that members will vote for the design rather than the artist.

Good luck, Blades. You did really well with your entries.

5. Let me also add that only votes cast by members that registered before today will count. If you registered today, your vote will not count. All votes are public and will be connected to a specific member. All votes will be checked to ensure that each member only voted once. If a vote is connected to a member who has two or more user accounts (which is against the rules), the vote will be cancelled.

6. :hello:

7. wooooooo time for the fun!

8. :) Just wanted to keep this altogether.

9. Please be advised that you can place your vote here.

10. #110 Tonyizzle, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
    Damn... mine is a .jpg.. now it looks like crap :(

Any chance of changing it back to a .png? Just wondering because I spent over a month working on it trying to get it JUST RIGHT and now it looks nothing like what I originally made :(

Thanks for getting the contest up and running. :D

Heres the link to my original:

[​IMG]

11. #111 CannabisInCanada, Oct 8, 2008
  12. Hey, they are all thumbs that enlarge when people click on them. We all got the same deal.

Can you guess who I voted for?

13. I just meant that my file was originally created as a .png which has better quality. Now it is a .jpg, which has ruined the quality. No big deal though :smoking:

14. If anyone needs to convert an entry to a .jpg for me to replace due to quality issues, let me know.

I'm sorry that everyone couldn't have an entry in the top 20. Unfortunately, that's the way the cookie crumbles with a contest. As said earlier, it was very hard for the "powers that be" to get it down to 20. They took SJ's original post regarding guidelines and broke it down from there.

15. #115 joe Biggs, Oct 8, 2008
    how long will the voting stay open for?
    and thank you for including one of mine, i know there were a few i liked more that werent included.
    lucky me. :D.

edit: dude i like #15. also what is the plan if a tie happens?

16. I'm very surprised and upset that my sig isnt up there... instead my shittier one (#15) is there.. and you cant even click to enlarge it :mad:

17. And their off, go guys ...and girls.

18. why isnt screwstoned and jaymz up there those were the best to me the rest i could do with my eyes closed so simple GGGAAAAYYYYY

19. damn.. :eek: and to think mine took me over a month with my eyes open.. :smoking:

20. I spent I don't even know how many hours making my wallpaper. Apparently I need to explain step by step what I did to make the wallpaper in order to make them understand how much effort went into it. Do I really need to explain all of the subtleties that went into it?

I'm not trying to insult anyone but I'm sure people will feel that anyways. How did the first entry get on there? Who couldn't make that in 5 minutes? Entry 3 is a just a huge green wall with a font and a few hemp leaf brushes on it. Exact same with Entry 4. Most of the entries are pretty gaudy and appear to have taken extremely little time, effort, and skill to make. Entry 10 is literally just a bunch of unedited photos copied and pasted off of the store in a grid. And then you have Entry 8 , 9, 13, 18 on there as if all of the other entries were somehow close to the effort involved in making those. I am extremely disappointed in the judgment here.