grape romulan, Mr. Nice (purple phenotype), and Larry Og Kush (clone only)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Cjensen11, May 13, 2010.

1. #1 Cjensen11, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    Hey guys, just joined from recently being banned from THC Farmer for asking one of the moderators to leave my grow after talking shit, and have always watched Grass City from afar so i decided to bring my journal here, hopin for a better turnout :) Anyways, im about week 6 of flowering. I have plenty other strains but im choosing these 3 strains to highlight for now. Blue cheese could easily be on this list but want to keep the list small, but ill definitely be throwing some bonus pictures of different strains throughout the grow. Grape rom and Mr.nice are pretty stretchy, about 3.5 to 4 feet tall. i had to bend grape rom a little but not to much. Mr.Nice started getting dark purple on the tips of the calyxes about week 5. Im using my camera phone so i cant capture the color really. Larry Og is 1 of the best smelling plants ive ever grown and the yield has suprised me, it's definitely going to be above average with its thick colas, and it smells like sweet&sour lemon candy. So appealing. Didnt stretch as much as i heard og kush's do. I have them under a 600w and 400w in 3 gal pots and im using the House and Garden complete line(couldnt be happier with a nutrient company, good prices and AMAZING results.) Anyways, lets get to some pictures. First 4- my beautiful GROM, 2nd 3 is the yummy Larry OG, and the last 3 are the Purple Mr. Nice :) enjoy! Comments and Questions are always welcome, as long as you dont come in being a total douche bag!:smoking:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. For some reason my computer will not let me add pictures as an attatchment on the jounral, only in the actual post. lame. but oh well.

3. #3 Cjensen11, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    Anyone? I gave these girls their first dose of Shooting Powder, one of my favorites in the H & G nutrient line just the other day, it literally increases yield so much- i recommend it highly. Roots Accelerator is another great product, and for those of you who are Advanced Nutrient diehards, Advanced Nutrients even suggests using this product because they do not have one that compares or does the same things. And i believe if you will open your minds to House and Garden and try it out, that you will not be disappointed. You might even be a little happier saving that much money on each bottle.... Anyways. I would LOVE to hear what you guys think of the pictures thus far.. And to keep you entertained, here are a few bud shots of my last group of girls after the drying and curing was done and they were prime. With this group i was low budget at the time and got this really good deal on a mini kit from technaflora of their whole line. My plants were healthy and didn't have any deficiencies the entire time, but H&G is just increasing yield... trich production... everything. But i definitely recommend technaflora for any low budget users out there looking for a full line!!! The first two are my Querkle hanging while she was drying.. i flipped the first one for a better view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Goodness man, those are all so frosty! Great strains and looking forward to seeing a glimpse of those others you have going also. Helluva start to your GC journal, + Rep fosho.

5. Nice snow on those! That grom has me interested:smoking:

6. Hey! Thanks guys! Finally some people are commenting, had me worried there for a little. The GROM is amazing, i've heard it is the Grape Phenotype of Romulan by Reeferman, it has the same exact high that everyone loves from Romulan, but smells distinctly like sour grapes, and i have heard tastes undeniably grapeish as well. :) From everyone i have talked to about it also they say it doesn't turn purple, but i control my temperature to drop ten degrees every night at night time, and have began to see light purple tips on the calyxes!! They are definitely no comparison to the dark dark purple tips of the Mr. Nice, but im definitely excited.

7. You got some tight plants dude, the "shooting powder" is that anything like big-up powder by humboldt? smells like fish kinda? either route, you have some beautiful ladies, cant wait to see them when theyre done, +rep

8. Im not sure what it is in comparison... on the schedule the girls only get it twice... at the end of flowering. Its supposed to all of a sudden boost bud growth and increase your yield massively, and everyone i've talked to that has used house and garden and has included that in their line say they have gotten the biggest yield ever. Its like this orange powder stuff.....

9. Right on, the big-up powder only goes on in week 6&7 of flower, ill be adding mine for the first time next week, good to hear that it makes a big difference, im gonna have to check out the house and garden nutes, stay green

10. shooting powder is supposed to restart bud growth. its actually used 3 to 4 weeks starting week 6 depending if your 8/9/10 weeks. so different plants will get different amounts of shooting powder(that was my gf she doesnt really mix the nutrients to much). but i was talking to the chick at my hydro store the other day about big up powder from what she was saying there not even comparable. but i think she may like house and garden more even though she doesnt use it. but she tries all the different lines. house and garden raves about shooting powder that and roots excelurator. there kind of their aces or w/e. maybe get a package of shooting powder and use on 1 of ur plants. then u can tell me

11. Frosty... it looks like the Pot Gods jizzed on your plants man. Pass some of that my way :D

12. #12 Cjensen11, May 13, 2010
    heres a few more shots of some of my other strains in my garden. the Blue Cheese is day 35 and Platinum OG are day 30. the first 4 pics are Blue Cheese and the next 2 are Platinum Og Kush the genetics are (amstel gold x silver pearl) x Og kush.

Attached Files:

13. I think i will try it, probably that whole house and garden line if i do it, plants all look real good man, i like that platinum og

14. Wow dude, super frosty stuff. They look great! How long have you been growing?

15. you should totally use house and garden im a believer... this is my third official grow. i also worked at a collective growing... so that helped. im glad you guys all like what u see. i really need to invest into a better camera. the platinum is a cool strain. i dont think im going to keep it around tho doesnt really keep up wit most of the strains i have.

16. Just took a mr nice & blue cheese clone. definitely keepin those 2 around.

17. #18 Oregrown, May 13, 2010
    Hey, your plants are looking great man! I appreciate you stopping through my grow. You have some nice genetics in your garden, I really like that Blue Cheese that you have. She looks like she will definitely be a keeper.

I have a buddy who runs the entire H & G line (minus the Magic Green) in his flood and drain hydro set up, and HOLY SHIT, I must say his results are out of this world. I've heard nothing but great things about H & G -- maybe I will have to give it a try one of these days. Are you running the Shooting Powder and Roots Excelurator in soil?

18. Ya we actually gave them there first dose of shooting powder this week. I dont think ill be using a different line anytime soon. I used Advanced nutrients where i worked and in my opinion there a waste of money compared to House and Garden. But Blue Cheese is amazing im lucky to get that strain. i just picked it up at a random club didnt plan on getting it.

19. Any more comments? We will be putting up some more pictures of the smaller SOG style we have of Grape Rom, for you to compare to the big grown out 3.5 foot GROM. Buuuut, it would be nice for some more postings from a few more people to be a little incentive to send these pictures- since it takes hours to do it on my phone. CMON PEOPLE!