Grape Germ

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Misseerie, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I read a thread about this, and for the life of me cannot find it again:(. I, for the sake of experimenting, am trying it out:eek:. Its been a few days, the grapes just look gross, nothing spectacular to report:confused:. A paper towel is the common way to go for a reason, Im sure:rolleyes:. Anyone else try the grape germ? Success? Fail? Is there an actual technique:eek:? What is the point of it?:smoke:

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      105.4 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      271.6 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      301.5 KB
      Views:
  2. woah... I would love to see if this works!!!

Very interesting idea!

3. Yep, its what I asked myself this morning. I would like for it to do something neat.

4. Last three seeds, 8-16 hours in water, they sank. Then into soil. Sprout comes out in 2-3 days. So how are grapes an improvement?

5. Is this about ethylene?

6. A few days? Unless those are old seeds, I'd say the experiment was a failure...sorry!

7. Read the post... glad we are on the same page bro:rolleyes:!

ethylene might be the point, I will look in to that:).

like I said before, I do not know the reason behind trying to germ in a grape.... just looking for some info, as to where this idea came from and what the actual point to this method is:confused:.

I have yet to waste anything to important, and wasn't really looking for a particular outcome, so I guess........ if you try to fail, and succeed, what have you really done?:ey:

enough ramble, off to read up on ethylene and cannabis. Although I dont think this method is for the same purposes as the banana peel(if thats the correlation).... but once again, IDK:eek:

8. Still no info, or sprouts. Wonder if its ever really been done resulting in a germed seed? I still plan on planting raisins....

9. So much for the sake of learning:rolleyes:. I was pretty sure of the outcome of this, when I started. By day 3, grapes lost to the towel method;). It was fun to try out. Unfortunately, I did not find any of the answers I was looking for:(. Still not sure as to where this idea came from, or the purpose for it. I will say once again.... the towel method is the most common for a reason:D. Still if anyone has any ideas or info on this, please fill me in:confused:.

*no seeds were harmed in the making of this thread:)

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      183.8 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      158.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg