Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Granny's MMJ List- July 2010

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, Aug 3, 2010.

1. .............and the List is most cool, too! So have you sent your email to me so you can get your copy of the BIG List?

Granny

2. not sure if anyone has made one, but heres a QR code that you can print and stick up anywhere and anyone who scans it with their phone will be taken to this thread.

Attached Files:

3. Thanks, fattmat :hello:

4. i have no idea how i didnt come across this sooner. definitely checking out 2012's and finding the rest! thanks for putting it together !

5. It is a ton of awsome info. I've been trying to help my father with his diabetes. One problem, everyone gets so out of touch.Example; when you say there will be no drug testing by employers in CA if MM is legalized. What a bunch of crap, in the private sector people will still test and discriminate even if it was legalized!!!!You, my friend are living in a dream world. It's great to have dreams and goals, but one of the problems with our community is its unrealistic opinions of some of its members. I'm behind you 100%, but lets be informed and intelligent with our endeavors.

6. dropped you an email,
    gotta get my hands on that list:eek:

:smoking: great work

7. Thanks a lot for the info, Granny! Gonna be sending this thread out to a few friends who are interested

8. Granny thank you so much for this super huge and very detailed and informing list! I just sent you a email a little while ago, Waiting to get your super list back! Hope all is well

9. One of the most collective and informative cess pool of information I have seen on marijuana

10. :confused::confused::confused:

cess pool?:confused::confused::confused:

a resource, a repository, a treasury, a library, these things, yes...:hello:

...but a cess pool? poor choice of words???:confused:

11. Yeah, I'm going to have to get a little high to really dig into this information here. bravo to whoever made this post though!

12. I know I'm late to this thread, but i'm new and I just wanted to say a very hearty "Thank you!" for providing this resource, it is invaluable!

13. Gunna have to forward this on to my Granny, much love for the effort it obviously took to build such a comprehensive list - thanks alot granny :)

14. Thanks for this list granny, I'm going to be having the mj talk soon with my parents, hope this list will save my ass... hahaha

15. Send me an email, hon and I'll send you a List that is twice as big! (840 pages now!) Email addy is at the bottom of my sig.

Granny

16. Nice cherry picking...

17. 420 pages of links. That's one heck of a lot of "cherries", Sheen! And the new List has grown to twice that size in just two years- PubMed makes for lots of "easy pickin's"! The number of medical studies on cannabis and cannabinoids just keeps rising every year!

Granny

18. #99 SheenTheSage, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    You could also find a similar amount of papers suggesting a therapeutic effect of ginger or of green tea. What really irks me is that you've neglected to include papers suggesting detrimental effects, which there certainly are for cannabis as well as for ginger and green tea. This is why I call it cherry picking. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of studies suggesting a link between cannabis and the worsening of mental disorders (memory/amnesia, fear/anxiety, decreased motivation, and of course schizophrenia), hyperemesis, tachycardia, opioid activity, impaired coordination, neuroendocrine disruption, toxicity (including neurotoxicity), of course, dependency, and more! I'm not saying any of these papers are more conclusive than yours, but a great deal of them are equally suggestive. With all these papers out there (which I will gladly begin to cite upon request), how can you possibly maintain you are not cherry picking with any sense of integrity and pride? Given the time, I could just as easily pick hundreds (perhaps thousands) of cherries with regard to papers suggesting a positive effect of ginger or green tea, while neglecting all the negative results. That doesn't mean ginger/green tea are a wonder plants free from potentially harmful effects...it just means I've done a good job of cherry picking. Also, many of the studies are very similar, and I have no control over the fact that more universities are publishing studies about cannabis while interest in other plants is not accelerating nearly as quickly...and the interest of the medical community has more to do with the mystery of cannabis than its safety. They will prefer a novel compound over one that's old and has been studied to a greater depth, since this makes the publication more profitable. A lot of the driving force behind these movements could be a dependency and addictive love of cannabis...just people trying to defend their bias (I suspect this applies to many authorities of ICRS, CMCR, and NORML...who all influence, and some would say drive, research on cannabis). So given the incentives to research cannabis over other plants, as well as the ease with which conflicting results (therapeutic vs. detrimental) can be discovered with regard to most plants, I don't find the (exponential?) increase in positive results for cannabis a compelling reason for supposing it must be ultimately and primarily healthy.

19. Dude, seriously? . . . . . Drinking too much water can kill you. There is good and bad in everything that exists.

Thank you for this list, Granny!!