Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grandad thinks weed is worse than beer and cigs...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TeamGreen2012, Dec 16, 2012.

1. So I was just talking to my Grandad (who's 77) about drinking beer and how I hate it etc. And then we got onto cigarettes and how bad they are. Then I asked him if he'd ever tried weed and he said no (which is probabaly horse crap lol) and said how it's worser than smoking and drinking... I know it's not, but what the hell gives? Why does everyone over the age of 50 seem to have this mentality about a plant? Why does he think this? I don't get it... I love my grandad and he's a very intelligent man, I don't really mind that he thinks this, and I have no intention of telling him the facts... I'm just a bit surprised that's all...

When someone says this crap, what do you say? What's your response to people who say things like this? There's a few people at my university who think this too. But I'm just so... Surprised, that anybody can be so oblivous, that I just don't know what to say, as much as I would love to.

Peace, and thanks for your replies people. First time on since I completely quit around 6-7 months ago.

2. Well, if the media, gov, and police says so then it must be true.

3. Older people are just more stuck in their ways.

I had a conversation with my grandad recently where he told me that any music since the Beatles, including the Beatles, was shit. Basically if it isn't Sinatra or earlier, its "crap".

But they're old, and they know a lot more than we do, so you've just got to respect it.

Just be happy enjoying what you do without the need for validation from other people.

4. Granddad is ignorant

5. Well by his age, he was raised in a time where weed was shunned, I forget necessarily what they said it did to you but it's just because we have (in our generation) labeled it medical and it was said to kill a d worse in his time

Edit: they still had the Marlboro man in his age on commercials

6. His generation and ignorance. Have him watch The Union

7. #7 khit, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    This is exactly why progress takes so long in this world. No disrespect to your grandpa but all we can do is wait til rational people are the majority (which is just starting to happen now, 70 years after the bullshit prohibition of the negros devil weed!) And I'm sure our generation will be the same for the next, ahh well :/
    Edit: rational isn't the right word, im too tucked to think if it but,,, people who don't just accept what the government says as fact i guess

8. The Internet allows us access to an unbiased, unlimited source of information. In their days all they had was the bullshit they were told so naturally they take it for truth.

9. #9 khit, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    For now. Government's trying to take away the freedom of the internet, what was it called... Sopa? And the head of Canadian police chiefs said one of their top priorities is to get a bill like that in play about a month ago he said that. Oh yeah and he also said they don't wanna bother pursuing possession charges, but the law isn't a big enough deal. Yeah fuckin right I've known 3 people that have gotten tucked over for weed, since the law prohibiting possession was struck down, but yet it's still somehownillegal here. lemme find the interview [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6OEvUiSB3c[/ame]

10. He grew up during this time..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_vLk1I6G4]Reefer Madness - YouTube[/ame]

11. Don't hate the messenger, Hate the source.

Your Grandad is just basing his opinions off information force fed to him during his generation, as few have said here. It takes alot for a person to change their views and perceptions themselves after they have remained one way for so long. You have to want to adapt... He is still stuck in the old times like my grandparents and those of friends aswell.

12. Your granddad is a man who has been bombarded with govt. propaganda throughout the years, he doesn't know any better. Obviously marijuana is far less harmful than tobacco/alcohol (I think this is pretty much accepted by everyone with half a brain, today).

13. As evil as it sounds, and as upset as I would truly be. It sounds like most of the older generation need to die out.

14. your grandfather has just been subject to anti marijuana propaganda his whole life, while being brainwashed by the government.

15. Funny how people actually took that seriously, it was supposed to be a joke lol but I guess curiosity and rational thinking wasn't exactly common back then.

16. You can't call someone ignorant when all they have been fed with lie