Grams Per Plant or Total?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokeyToke, Oct 2, 2009.

1. I'm looking at seed sites and I see different strains yield different amounts of bud. So I'm seeing "Super Silver Haze" yields 300-450g. Is that per plant or is it for the entire bag of seeds (10 seeds).

2. probably for the whole pack... i heard a guy say he had 6 plants and got a qp before drying

3. Per plant under optimum condition the entire grow.

I have found those are poor yield numbers mainly cause there are SO many variables.

GPP is usually found by GPW which is grams per watt,biginners will see .4-.8,novices .6-1 and advanced growers see .7-1.5 grams per watt when they have smooth growing the whole time...typically speaking IMO.;)

Your lighting watts will dictate mostly how much you will yield.;)

4. so if you go outdoor you can definitely get close to a lb per plant

5. So what you're saying is that if optimum conditions were present and I grew just one plant, it could yield 300-450 grams? And if I were to grow outdoors instead I could get close to a pound? Hmmm. Thank you gentleman. ;)

6. Is that a question?
    I grew 5 indoor plants and got just under 3 lbs.

If you did it just right it is possible to get OVER a lb per out doors.:D

7. Your best bet indoors is to plan on 1/2 a gram per watt of light and several oz outdoors easy per plant.;)

8. The number indicated yeild is for the amount gained in 1 square meter of using the Sea of Green method. aka 3 m^2 *(200-300g) = 600-900 g
    a square foot in a SoG arrangement should have atleast 9 plants.

9. That does sound very familiar,i have seen ppl do a SOG with 9 plants in each 1 square foot,but lil lollipop buds.

Sounds like a cash crop only deal although we here at GC focus more on growing techniques in low legal numbers which helps you stay much more in touch with our plants using much less seeds,longer veg time and much bigger colas.:D

10. Cool. Thanks guys. +rep for all.

11. cool, answered a question of mine too :)

yeild is a complex thing.

but i can't wait to tell you guys how much i grow! :)

12. Best I have had so far is 1 pound 10 ounces dried from a single plant outdoors.